R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   SMC IB warranty (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/196395-smc-ib-warranty.html)

Danny/SMC 12-19-2007 02:30 AM

SMC IB warranty

As most of you read these threads already know that Trinity has secured the exclusive Intellect (IB) distributorship which means SMC can't get anymore IB cells after being the distributor for IB for the last 4 years. In September we decided to stop importing IB cells as they were not safe with many cells exploding. We took back cells from our distributors and sent large amounts of cells back to IB. IB has been very good with the issues as they allowed us to gather up and send back faulty/defective cells even though we lost the shipping we had invested into the cells.

Now that we have lost our distributorship of IB cells we will not be able to replace any packs or cells that have issues as IB won't deal with us anymore.

If you have issues with IB cells I reccomend that you contact Trinity or IB as they should be able to do something with there faulty cells.

SMC will take care of any issues with the SMC EnerG cells.

razzor 12-19-2007 02:39 AM

Should put that info up on the SMC site and update the site !!

paul73rc 12-19-2007 02:43 AM

Yes razzor is right.

mxracer23 12-19-2007 08:05 AM

Wow that is going to have a major on all of the retailers that you match for. Will you provide any other brands of cells.

J.Gonzalez 12-19-2007 08:09 AM

No worries Mark!!

Chris's got you covered....pm me..energ cell will be in this week at RCMadness as usually with SMC quality!

Thundercats ho!:)

mxracer23 12-19-2007 08:16 AM

Thanks Jaime,

Pm'd ya.

Desolas 12-19-2007 09:08 AM

Will you provide any other brands of cells.
The Ener-G cell should be available very soon. SMC and all of the other name brand matchers (Brood, EA, etc..) will be carrying this new cell. It looks very promising as being the replacement of the IB cell.

duckman996 12-19-2007 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Desolas (Post 3988219)
The Ener-G cell should be available very soon. SMC and all of the other name brand matchers (Brood, EA, etc..) will be carrying this new cell. It looks very promising as being the replacement of the IB cell.

The Ener-G cells ARE already available and testing has shown some promising results so far. Between EP and Ener-G cells, IB is going to have a hardtime in the marketplace since racers are looking for durability ALONG with performance.

2008 will be an interesting year for sub-c's for sure.

Trips 12-19-2007 10:52 AM

Good to know... I was about to buy some new packs for this season, but now I think I'll wait to see what shakes out... For some reason my IB's from last year ( bought them in Spetember 2006) are all still going strong, taking the same amount of charge (around 4500 to 4600mah after coming of the Novak tray) and still giving me discharge numbers like they did when they were new.

I must be doing something right with them, but I'll be damned if I know what it is...

kn7671 12-19-2007 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Trips (Post 3988482)
For some reason my IB's from last year ( bought them in Spetember 2006) are all still going strong, taking the same amount of charge (around 4500 to 4600mah after coming of the Novak tray) and still giving me discharge numbers like they did when they were new.

I must be doing something right with them, but I'll be damned if I know what it is...

Well you must not be charging them at 7-10amps, therefore they are lasting as expected under NORMAL usage.

Wild Cherry 12-19-2007 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC (Post 3987440)
As most of you read these threads already know that Trinity has secured the exclusive Intellect (IB) distributorship which means SMC can't get anymore IB cells after being the distributor for IB for the last 4 years. In September we decided to stop importing IB cells as they were not safe with many cells exploding. We took back cells from our distributors and sent large amounts of cells back to IB. IB has been very good with the issues as they allowed us to gather up and send back faulty/defective cells even though we lost the shipping we had invested into the cells.

Now that we have lost our distributorship of IB cells we will not be able to replace any packs or cells that have issues as IB won't deal with us anymore.

If you have issues with IB cells I reccomend that you contact Trinity or IB as they should be able to do something with there faulty cells.

SMC will take care of any issues with the SMC EnerG cells.

Your business ethic`s are the best !!!

wallyedmonds 12-19-2007 12:25 PM

contact Trinity or IB as they should be able to do something with there faulty cells.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

hobbipro 12-19-2007 12:54 PM

Better yet, just throw them in the garbage! oops, recycle them (politically correct thing). What else can SMC do? They are no longer a IB dealer, they did the right thing by sending IB its trash back. IB will be a side note soon just like panasonic, sanyo, and GP.

punkboy 12-19-2007 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Trips (Post 3988482)
Good to know... I was about to buy some new packs for this season, but now I think I'll wait to see what shakes out... For some reason my IB's from last year ( bought them in Spetember 2006) are all still going strong, taking the same amount of charge (around 4500 to 4600mah after coming of the Novak tray) and still giving me discharge numbers like they did when they were new.

Originally Posted by kn7671 (Post 3988525)
Well you must not be charging them at 7-10amps, therefore they are lasting as expected under NORMAL usage.

That run of IB's was a good one. Those cells lasted the longest of any batch of IB 42's that I know of.

Scrubb 12-19-2007 05:23 PM

did somebody actually mention "ethics" on rctech?:weird: