Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity... New home of the IB 4600

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Jim will the real trinity 10.5 and 13.5 be the same style cans as the mod motors with the holes in the cans ?

Or are they just like the closed cans (red ad blue ) that were posted on the net a while back. Cause Goop bought a 13.5 and it didnt seem to be as strong as the N 13.5 motor and he did try to get the gearing right and thought he did but it just wasnt up to par.

Last edited by wallstreet; 12-18-2007 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Default monopoly

Mr. Dieter once a long time ago a rather large company had the sole rights to batteries and tried to be the microsoft of rc and shockingly rc racing suffered, with that being said whats to stop trinity from screwing the pooch again and trying to make a killing and hurting rc racing?If intellect whats to help racing make a battery that doesnt blow up and has a reasonable top performance life (not one or two charges) at a price that is fair.Also why dont you use the clout yall have with the racing bodies and have a battery lockout for say a two year period, not to say a new battery cant enter the market just not a bigger battery, ex. 4600 would the mah limit for two years that way racers can know that they have a stable rule limit on mah and dont have to worry if the ten packs they bought in october are usless because theres a bigger mah battery out. Now i'm not trying to hammer you but your the spokesman for them so you need to give the racrers some info because trinty know has EP and IB so your the big kid on the block, lets face it the ener-g 4600 is a rerap ep 4600, anyone who will buy 10000 cells from ep can get there own rap and call BFE batterys if they want.I am interested on trintys stance on the past debockle when trinty was the only game in town with batteries.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

You guys have to understand you will not be able to stunt the growth of technology. It's going to keep moving and on a rapid pace.

It would be like saying to all hard drive manufactures, 250gb is the biggest hard drive, you can't make a larger one for 2 years. Not going to happen.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

flying5... I'm trying to remember when you think trinity ever had an exclusive on all cells. And that wont be the case now. But a couple companies have put alot of faith in us to make things right again, and we certainly will do everything we can for them. The locks on development ? Now that we have ties with the two major players, we'll see. I think we know the problems of the past, hopefully we all learned enough from everyone's mistakes not to repeat them. There will be some grey market re wraps coming in, but it's harmless as long as they are safe. IB figured out that several of their cells with different names on them took credibility and power away from their own name. I think Ep will discover this as well.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

wallstreet..sorry, didnt see you.. Production will be one piece, 10.5 wil be green. I havent spent any time on the 13.5, and am honestly behind on seeing what it needs. I'm sure I'll get up there to try things this week.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

alright jim good to know. would like to have an option for the novak other than novak. cause nothing else is in stock anywhere

Last edited by wallstreet; 12-18-2007 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JtDieter
Oh....I get it..I'm hairy, fat, and a little rough...lol
Korey, different rotors...yep, Sky, send me a message with what you need and an address. I should have something...Anthony, All production, but working and learning. We ran something different in everyone's car. From 3.5 to 4.5 depending on style. Dayger...4.5 at cleveland, I think he ran top 5 with it...Garth, They are the standard motors, I only played with them a little and dont know what they need yet for timing and gearing. Some say they are ok geared like above. I'll be testing more this week with Paul and mybe Drew if he makes it up....let you know.

The stuff has to be good if i'm making run time with it.

The motor/battery combination Trinity has going right now is the real deal.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Dumping is bad... you still manage to make a good road block so I can't get around you though
Old 12-19-2007, 02:16 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JtDieter
Thanks... Bashing trinity has been trendy for a long time...lol, most have trouble coming up with a reason why. But..I'll keep trying to make things right, improve the numbers of racers, and try not to offend too many doing it. Scarecrow...your 1/12 scale may have been sold to pay for Josh's kids' diapers...lol
Jim why did Chad and you stop by the EnerG thread and try to start crap about EnerG cells ? That seems like bashing to me.

What happens if SMC drivers win some races using EnerG cells that Chad claims to be 4200s and you claim to be stick pack cells ?Will that mean that Trinity products can't compete with 4200s or stick pack style cells ?
Old 12-19-2007, 02:29 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SQC049
All of you Trinity haters amaze me. This hobby wouldn't be where it is today without companies like Trinity. Why does everyone hate them so much? Is it because they are so big?

I don't understand. I'm not a Trinity lover at all, in fact I only own 1 Trinity motor and nothing else, but I still know the contributions that they have made to this hobby since the beginning.

I'm sick of seeing everyone hate on Trinity for no reason at all. I think you all need an R/C history lesson.
One reason why people are hating on Trinity is because the owner ErnieP made public comments (on RCCA magazine) bashing brushless technology. Then a few months later they came out with their own (branded) brushless system. Furthermore, it was the same technology as the one he bashed a few months earlier.

Another reason is that a racer on these forums had a Trinity matched pack blow up in his face. He called Trinity and left messages about his situation. No one at Trinity had the decency to at least call the guy back and see how he was doing health wise.

I just mentioned those 2 incidents since you stated you "don't understand."
Old 12-19-2007, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 403forbidden
One reason why people are hating on Trinity is because the owner ErnieP made public comments (on RCCA magazine) bashing brushless technology. Then a few months later they came out with their own (branded) brushless system. Furthermore, it was the same technology as the one he bashed a few months earlier.

Another reason is that a racer on these forums had a Trinity matched pack blow up in his face. He called Trinity and left messages about his situation. No one at Trinity had the decency to at least call the guy back and see how he was doing health wise.

I just mentioned those 2 incidents since you stated you "don't understand."

403 - i beg to differ on your warranty comment. I handle all warranties and helped everyone who has had an issue. Tell the person he can reach me at 732-562-1234 EXt 351 or [email protected] or give me his number and I will call him

Last edited by Chad Phillips; 12-19-2007 at 05:53 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Jim and Unregistered...when I referrenced Lipo batteries in one-to-one cars I was referring to a "true" electric car...the hybrid technology that the Big Three and Toyota are moving forward with is just a band aid to bridge the implementation of a long term battery solution. They are using a combo of gas/battery system to gain the distance consumers expect.

IMO: Tesla Motors has the right idea about electric auto-technology and they are using Lithium Ion to meet the needs.

http://www.teslamotors.com/

In any event, I'm glad to see my comments were answered with a level of professionalism and not so of the hash that comes from others on RC tech...lets keep the dialogue open....thanks

I hope the new IB are better than the previous....otherwise you will only lose more electric racers to nitro...
Old 12-19-2007, 06:28 AM
Tech Adept

Carl...I've been watching that Tesla for a long time, wishing I had one. I've built rods since I was a kid, and stiil think about making one electric. But it would take alot to pull this 53 ford panel I have 1/2 built...going big block detuned to 600 horse instead.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Hydrogen seems to be the bigger picture.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

Hydrogen sounds killer. Seems like I heard about a hydro/electric hybrid somewhere. I think it was one of those concept car shows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.