R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2007, 09:32 AM   #31
Tech Addict
 
KE4PJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Columbia,Tn.
Posts: 642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtDieter View Post
KE4. In the past, we had pre welded 1400 scr packs, engraved with the driver number. Seems like we had 2 per driver. I'll look into it
Ah, the good old days.
KE4PJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:41 AM   #32
Tech Master
 
billjacobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 1,264
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default why is trinity hated

While I agree that trinity has done a lot for r/c in terms of motors and batteries, specifically making them widely available, trinity hasn't been as positive for their competition, new technologies, and sometimes for the racers.

Trinity tries to undermine any new technology until they release one of theirs:
1) trinity undermines brushless motors, and takes out ads to that effect, then releases their own motors, and suddenly brushless is a revelation

Trinity is like the microsoft of r/c, they copy other company's designs and call them their own, then they cut the price to corner the market:
2) trinity releases the dynapulse, a blatant ripoff and copy of the spintec discharger and charges 1/2 the price

Trinity releases products with big design flaws, but never own up to anything:
3) trinity release the dpd which has 1 big flaw, when 1 cell reaches the voltage to switch from 30amp pulse to 5amp linear discharge, all of the cells go to 5amp linear,

Trinity part support for their own products is lacking and mishandled:
4) trinity releases their spec 4wd car, but getting the correct parts is a nightmare. They have the parts, but many are mislabeled, so you order 1 thing and get something else in the package.

And don't even start on trinity warranty and customer service. Trinity is always interested in gaining market share at the expense of any other r/c company, or the racers.

But, after all of that, as the biggest player in the game, trinity does what they do to increase sales and profits, and they can't be blamed for that.
billjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:06 AM   #33
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default I like Trinity

I use their:

Tire Grip
Foam`s

Dang ...
Can`t think of anything else....


use to buy

motor`s
battery`s


Hope this helps you Big E....
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:18 AM   #34
Tech Regular
 
beavis353's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 308
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Morning Jim.

See you in a couple weeks.
beavis353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:19 AM   #35
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjacobs View Post
While I agree that trinity has done a lot for r/c in terms of motors and batteries, specifically making them widely available, trinity hasn't been as positive for their competition, new technologies, and sometimes for the racers.

Trinity tries to undermine any new technology until they release one of theirs:
1) trinity undermines brushless motors, and takes out ads to that effect, then releases their own motors, and suddenly brushless is a revelation

Trinity is like the microsoft of r/c, they copy other company's designs and call them their own, then they cut the price to corner the market:
2) trinity releases the dynapulse, a blatant ripoff and copy of the spintec discharger and charges 1/2 the price

Trinity releases products with big design flaws, but never own up to anything:
3) trinity release the dpd which has 1 big flaw, when 1 cell reaches the voltage to switch from 30amp pulse to 5amp linear discharge, all of the cells go to 5amp linear,

Trinity part support for their own products is lacking and mishandled:
4) trinity releases their spec 4wd car, but getting the correct parts is a nightmare. They have the parts, but many are mislabeled, so you order 1 thing and get something else in the package.

And don't even start on trinity warranty and customer service. Trinity is always interested in gaining market share at the expense of any other r/c company, or the racers.

But, after all of that, as the biggest player in the game, trinity does what they do to increase sales and profits, and they can't be blamed for that.


Are you seriously complaining about a company selling things cheaper???

This is a battery thread and even SMC has acknowledged the new IB's to be improved and reliable. Are the IBs junk just because trinity is the distributors???


How about getting back to basics and using common sense instead of getting caught up in internet politics. If you like a product then buy it, If you're not sure about a product then hold off and just look at what the product is doing at your local track before making a decision....
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:20 AM   #36
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 109
Default

Well....
Brushless truth... Pretty much still all true. We can tune them a little more than I thought, but alot of people quit or went to gas over it. Mod tc is half of what it was, and alot of motor winders left....
The rest, some taken care, some not. Alot of work is being done to make things right. None of us are taking vacations in the near future.
More products coming.
JtDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:27 AM   #37
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQC049 View Post
I agree racing would go on without them. What I am saying is that in the 90 Trinity helped grow this hobby by leaps and bounds to where we are today.

I just don't understand where the hate comes from. I don't see this much animosity toward any other company.
Not to go off topic, but is the hobby really growing now? All I read about is how eveyrone is leaving and we are a qtr of what it was at the peak.

I think alot of the Trinity bashing comes from two reasons that I have seen:

- Poor customer support (thread after thread about how difficult it is to get a product fixed, etc)
- Their extreme strance against brushless motors and then their release of a brushless motor

I dont have an opinion either way but thats what Ive read.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:30 AM   #38
Tech Master
 
billjacobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 1,264
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default ib

Francis M.-> Who said the IB 4600's were junk? In terms of selling things cheaper, let's see: a company spends time, money, and effort to design a product and another company steals the idea and then undercuts the original creator. Does that seem right? I know this is how business is done, but that doesn't make it right.

jtdieter-> are you saying people went to gas because of brushless? In this area, tc electric has been declining for 3 years. Most tracks just started to allow brushless this year (with 2 this fall.) Now the turnout is up a little. I seriously question your opinion. If anything, brushless and lipo will bring gas racers back to electric, because they provide the speed and low maintenance of gas. The biggest problem with brushless is that finding a perfect stock equivalent will never happen, the 2 technologies are too different, and basing the equivalent on lap times only goes so far.

Last edited by billjacobs; 12-17-2007 at 10:42 AM.
billjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:39 AM   #39
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Amishland PA
Posts: 1,418
Default

in regards to the customer service, I have been doing it for about 6 months now and tried my best to help our customers. hopefully I can help whoever needs help..

Last edited by Chad Phillips; 12-20-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Chad Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:48 AM   #40
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjacobs View Post
Francis M.-> Who said the IB 4600's were junk? In terms of selling things cheaper, let's see: a company spends time, money, and effort to design a product and another company steals the idea and then undercuts the original creator. Does that seem right? I know this is how business is done, but that doesn't make it right.

jtdieter-> are you saying people went to gas because of brushless? In this area, tc electric has been declining for 3 years. Most tracks just started to allow brushless this year (with 2 this fall.) Now the turnout is up a little. I seriously question your opinion. If anything, brushless and lipo will bring gas racers back to electric, because they provide the speed and low maintenance of gas. The biggest problem with brushless is that finding a perfect stock equivalent will never happen, the 2 technologies are too different, and basing the equivalent on lap times only goes so far.

Bill, is spintecs product an original product in which they should be protected by copy right? If not then its an open market....
I do agree with you that brushless is the best thing to happen to electric in a long time at least for the regular racer like me and I mostly run nitro....
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:48 AM   #41
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Phillips View Post
in regards to the customer service, I have been doing it for about 6 months now and tried my best to help our customers. before that I agree that it sucked. The person doing it did not care and was stealing from the company. those days are gone and hopefully I can help whoever needs help..
That's great news! Obviously it takes a while to change some opinions but if you keep it up Im sure we will begin to hear positive things in that regard about Trinity.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:56 AM   #42
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 109
Default

Bill.. Here is why my opinion is what it is, and trust me, I would like nothing better than for people to race. With more people into brushless, including me, things will get developed quicker. Competition accelerates this. Brushless was forced on to everyone with the false pretense that it was already figured out. The public was used to test, and more than one person bought their kid an off road car, or tc, with a brushless speedo/motor combo only to have it catch the car on fire, melt the tub, and ruin everything after a couple runs. Some of these people couldnt afford to buy more stuff to replace the ruined items, they bought a video game for 50 bucks and avoided the aggravation. Others went traxxas. I sat across from a couple guys at the halloween race racing stock and 19 brushed. Both tried brushless once, both said they wont be back into it until things settle down. And..for the first time in those three years you mentioned, it's close to being right. We didnt have any speedo issues during a big race for quite some time. More results like this will finally get people racing brushless mod again.
Customer service ? fell free to yell at Chad, he likes it...lol
JtDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:01 AM   #43
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 109
Default

Forgot....Products like the dischargers...etc..
many times we are sent products from overseas manufactures that do the same thing as something else. Sometimes it's from the same source they use. If it works well, and sells, we sell it. Nothing is meant to be a personal jab against anyone else by intentionally undercutting. If it can be bought cheaper, it gets sold cheaper.
JtDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:07 AM   #44
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Amishland PA
Posts: 1,418
Default

Hey Jim,

When you finish your fruity drink with the umbrella in it and ready to come to work. let me know
Chad Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:14 AM   #45
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 5,549
Default

Nitro is low maintenance?
punkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Much More, GFX, 4600 IB 1.25+ L.Fairtrace R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 10-19-2008 06:32 PM
Rustler VXL w/ two Trinity 4600 6 cell packs espresso1967 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 07-01-2008 11:42 PM
LRP/Nosram 4600 Fat Cobra 4600 Big Mama Celles sbs Radio and Electronics 0 05-22-2008 05:02 AM
Trinity EP 4600 cells wade7575 Electric Off-Road 6 04-03-2008 02:15 PM
Much More Cell master CTX, CTX-D, 4600 trinity and more... Carbonman R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 03-16-2008 10:00 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:59 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net