Trinity... New home of the IB 4600

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity... New home of the IB 4600

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

And if you want buy IB4600s without involving Reedy, buy them from Trinity. Dieter, myself and the whole Trinity team will help you in anyway to make sure you are charging and taking care of your batteries properly.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

So, which cell will Team Trinity use...IB or EP? Which one has the performance advantage?
Old 12-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
And if you want buy IB4200s or IB4600s without involving Trinity, buy them from Reedy. :-)
Originally Posted by Chad Phillips
And if you want buy IB4600s without involving Reedy, buy them from Trinity. Dieter, myself and the whole Trinity team will help you in anyway to make sure you are charging and taking care of your batteries properly.
Sure seems to be a lot of self promotion on here. Perhaps it is time for some to step forward and advertise here. It is well worth the return on investment.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kraig
So, which cell will Team Trinity use...IB or EP? Which one has the performance advantage?
Both, though I will let Dieter further comment on this
Old 12-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kraig
Sure seems to be a lot of self promotion on here. Perhaps it is time for some to step forward and advertise here. It is well worth the return on investment.
We are letting the consumers know, that it is ok to come up and ask us questions. Sometimes it seems racers are afraid to come up to the main guys, but we are very approachable and willing to help. so whenever you are at a race and have a question or want to ask on the boards.. don't be shy..
Old 12-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've raced Trinity motors for quite some years and loved them, but I'm a little worried when one company gets the monopoly on such a vital thing as batteries.

Trinity, here's a word of advice; dont skyrock the prices on IB4600 all of a sudden. People will know why quicker than a lightning flashes...
Old 12-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

What kind of charge/discharge/storage procedures are best for the ep4600's? How bout running the same pack multiple times per day?
Old 12-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jb7778
What kind of charge/discharge/storage procedures are best for the ep4600's? How bout running the same pack multiple times per day?
Initally I equalize the cells on a DPD at 1 volt per cell, then charge at 6amps with a .03 cut off on a GFX. If I plan on running the pack again, I will discharge the pack down to 1 volt per cell on my GFX at 30amps after the run. (They can be ran twice in the same day without harm. Just leave enough time for them to properly cool).
If you are putting them away for a week, then I won't discharge the pack after running, just put away as is. Now if you dumped the pack, then i would 600 seconds back in the pack.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jan Larsen
I've raced Trinity motors for quite some years and loved them, but I'm a little worried when one company gets the monopoly on such a vital thing as batteries.

Trinity, here's a word of advice; dont skyrock the prices on IB4600 all of a sudden. People will know why quicker than a lightning flashes...
Hi Jan

We are not going to sky rocket our prices
Old 12-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Kraig..Sun Prairie ??? Spent many nights with midgets up there. Last time ours ended up in the grandstand(Bruce Field mid 80's) great track. Performance of the cells, it's a little early with the IB, happy so far. IB samples ...I had two groups, some like smc ran in 42 shrink in cleveland and a later batch. On machines, the IB shows more voltage than the EP, but the EP has lower IR. On the track they were very hard to tell apart. I thought the second run on the IB was better than the 2nd on the EP. But like I said, it's pretty early. I'll find ways to get both better. As far as care, Chad covered that. I'm afraid of the self discharging since it really hurt us on the 42. I will keep these up even though they seem alot more durable. Jan's worry ? That would be very self destructive. There is an old saying ...you can shear a sheep a hundred times but only kill him once ....something along those lines.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JtDieter
Kraig..Sun Prairie ??? Spent many nights with midgets up there. Last time ours ended up in the grandstand(Bruce Field mid 80's) great track.
That would be the place. Great racing always going on. If I am not at the track I can hear them running from my back yard.

Appreciate the feedback.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Jim do you know if you guys will have the different size rotors for sale in the hobby shop at the novak race.

Also please post your findings when you test out the 13.5 and 10.5 motors.

There will be quite a few of us practicing sunday at trackside maybe you can motivate drew to come up . Id like to see him and brad running some practice laps with each other and see the difference in the motor brands
Old 12-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JtDieter
Kraig..Sun Prairie ??? Spent many nights with midgets up there. Last time ours ended up in the grandstand.
I've had too many beers and not enough sleep... I had to read that twice to realize you weren't hanging out with "little people" and flinging them into the grandstands

I wish Trinity well in helping the Hobby. Clearly you've made a lot of people upset through the years, but if you guys can figure out a way to really help the hobby I'm sure most of that will be forgotten. Good luck!
Old 12-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Chad, can you do me a favor and reply to my last PM I sent.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:48 AM
Tech Adept

Kraig.. I saw a couple end up in the beer stand around that same era. That was before these new softer sidewall Hoosiers that dont seem to trip as easy. We used to get sidebite with a sharp lip on the right rear, or I would cut a groove at the apex of where the sidewall met the tread...bad for a very sticky sun prairie that stayed wet...lol. We did more asphalt at that time, worked for Johnny Parsons, Rich Vogler, Pancho Carter...several others...Ike, most of the hard feelings is politics. I'm going to keep as much as I can out of it in the future. Business is simple, if you have something good, people want it. If I can figure out how to get new people doing this again, we've accomplished something....very hard task. I think they made dwarf tossing illegel anyway...didnt they ? Wall..We have them, but I dont know if they will be in the shop. Very behind on my r+d....dammit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.