Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Frrrrrrunkis!
Ffejdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:51 AM   #182
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogRacing View Post
Jim I noticed you said that out of 30K cells none exploded. I suppose that's good, but I don't think they were exploding on the matchers were they?

I also noticed that you failed to mention that the cells still have an obscenely abnormal SDR (self discharge rate for those not in the battery business) and the SDRs from cell to cell vary far more than the accepted industry standard.

In my professional opinion, I don't believe IB actually fixed the problem, I believe they put a bandaid on it. I'm curious to see what they've done to the vents in an attempt to lessen the off-gassing of electrolyte.

BTW Jim, If going back to Trinity is what works for you or your situation, then I respect that. But for me, as a consumer, I still haven't forgotten what Ernie did to Josh, and while some may say Trinity's double-talk marketing and completely immoral trashing of competitors is "just business" or "how they make a buck", I for one don't appreciate it and I think it's a smack in the face to a man of integrity like myself. After seeing the tactless posts Chad has made in other threads, you can rest assured that any fleeting consideration I had to forgive Trinity's past and consider purchasing a product with the Trinity name on it has been erased from my mind permanently.
You have my respect, sir
Itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:52 AM   #183
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffejdat View Post
Frrrrrrunkis!
Linger Longer
Chad Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:54 AM   #184
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Don't you guys sleep?
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:54 AM   #185
Tech Adept

Jason
Self discharging. All nimh cells do it, but both of the new generation cells dont do it as much as the 42. As far as exploding on machines ? We never blew machines apart like smc did, but we had severe venting of some 4200 cells...Chad's comment, maybe a little harsh, but based on the cells he had sitting in front of him from the same broker. We backed off of it to avoid a big public arguement that nobody can win, everyone loses ....Like the court battle you mentioned, nobody really won that either.
JtDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:58 AM   #186
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Don't you guys sleep?
NOPE! we are here to answer your questions
Old 12-20-2007, 06:04 AM   #187
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ToddFalkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike View Post
One last thing... I really think 1/12th scale could help save onroad racing, but for some reason so many racers are affraid of it. You can still be quite competitive with a chassis from 5 years ago. The cars are cheaper. If you're not chunking tires badly (I know, it's a big if) they will stay faster longer than most rubber tires will. The batteries are cheaper thanks to only needing 4 cells per pack. And above all, throttle control and driving skill are the largest part of being good at it. However, as much as people complain about the cost of the hobby, I think most people would rather try to out horsepower and out equip their opponents than outdrive them.
Ike, at our track, we're promoting a 12th scale "novice" class where racers use a silver-can 540 motor. Instead of getting lapped every handful of laps by a few of us, they're all on the same lap, competing as hard as ever, and actually learning about their cars (with our help, of course). It takes batteries out of the question (we're doing only five minutes as well) In addition, a fellow owner and I built a few rental 12L3's with good stuff in it- one of which was bought the first night! With the crazy costs and changes in TC, and the previous intimidation of 12th scale, this has helped it grow at our track. Above all, the racers are having fun, not spending a ton of cash, and learning about their cars.

By the way... Danimals? the Temmes? You raced in Chicago, too, didn't you?

BTW: Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with the new IB's...
ToddFalkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:54 AM   #188
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Jim,

I've got a serious question here. I've been reading that Dunkin Dounuts is said to have the best coffee. Don't get my wrong, I love Starbucks as much as the next guy, but in your expert opinion which is still tops?
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:01 AM   #189
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Anthony View Post
Jim,

I've got a serious question here. I've been reading that Dunkin Dounuts is said to have the best coffee. Don't get my wrong, I love Starbucks as much as the next guy, but in your expert opinion which is still tops?
Wrong person to ask , Chad`s the expert on coffee....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:06 AM   #190
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
Actually I think Jim is the only person I know that brings a coffee pot to the track if there isnt a Starbucks near by! LOL

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:11 AM   #191
Tech Addict

There should be a "beaners/Bigby's" at every track. It should be a rule
KE4PJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:14 AM   #192
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
George would you like some gum?
Old 12-20-2007, 09:17 AM   #193
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Anthony View Post
Jim,

Brian - I have yet to taste an american coffee that was as good as I had in Italy!
Old 12-20-2007, 09:29 AM   #194
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by forum fodder View Post
Does this deal for IB and EP cells only cover the US?

Do UK matchers have to get their cells through Trinity?
Well I am assuming that with no responce for the 2nd time of asking that no one knows the answer.
forum fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:39 AM   #195
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by forum fodder View Post
Well I am assuming that with no responce for the 2nd time of asking that no one knows the answer.
HI Forum - please contact Garry Owen at [email protected] He can help you with your needs

I apologize for over looking you response.