R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-17-2007, 05:24 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
congrats Dawn. I have seen you post and as the voice of Roar on RC tech for the last year or so, and I believe you will make the right decisions for this sport as best you can. I just hope that some of the ideas queller had when I talked to him at the carpet nats last year work for you also.

Can you email me some of those ideas? I'm not sure they got relayed to me.. although they very well could have.

thanks!
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:39 PM   #47
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
I have had a few keyboard jockeys put me in their sights from time to time..
Modest. I'm sure you have plenty of eBruises and eScars from a few years back. Thanks for sticking it out, and congrats!
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:16 PM   #48
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

grat's!

just work out lipo and brushless and let's get electric growing again!
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:34 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Best of luck.

It's a thankless job.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:08 PM   #50
Tech Fanatic

CONGRATS Dawn!

I have known Dawn for just a little while personally...but have heard of her for a few years...As Brent has stated earlier in this thread she will be a great prez....She will listen to everyone and put all requests to good use to make our hobby better.

For all of you who havent been around for awhile you may not understand why I am going to say this.....THANK YOU Mike Queller!...While Mike was Prez. he did a great job!..I have been around for awhile in this hobby and he was one of the best presidents we had..It hurts me to say that but its true...LOL

Once again Congrats Dawn and I look forward to butting heads with you at races to come.....LOL

Barry
Barry Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:29 AM   #51
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Baker View Post
CONGRATS Dawn!

I have known Dawn for just a little while personally...but have heard of her for a few years...As Brent has stated earlier in this thread she will be a great prez....She will listen to everyone and put all requests to good use to make our hobby better.

For all of you who havent been around for awhile you may not understand why I am going to say this.....THANK YOU Mike Queller!...While Mike was Prez. he did a great job!..I have been around for awhile in this hobby and he was one of the best presidents we had..It hurts me to say that but its true...LOL

Once again Congrats Dawn and I look forward to butting heads with you at races to come.....LOL

Barry
I second Barry's comments...
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:22 PM   #52
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Dawn,

Congratulations !

I am guessing I wasn't the only one that saw this coming. Don't misunderstand, I don't mean the Prez leaving... I mean someone who takes this much interest in us racers... it's no surprise you ended up where you are today.

I'd guess all those people who gave you the write-in are patting themselves on the back right now

Now the real fun begins... "The reward for good work is... more work."

- another racer looking forward to 2008 !
swopemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:10 PM   #53
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance72RC

I just want to say congratulations to Dawn. You've done alot of hard work for ROAR already the past few years. And wanted to ask the questions i'm sure everybody is wondering. What's on your agenda for ROAR for 2008? What changes would you like to see happen for ROAR and r/c in general? And as the new ROAR President, do you have any big changes in store for us already to help? I know i'm puttin you on the spot already. But don't worry I have faith in you and think you'll make a great President for ROAR.
Lance72RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:31 PM   #54
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I don't really know what to say, I have only been around for a few years. But I don't remember a Roar president ever communicating so much with racers on a forum. It is really great, concerns are being addressed like we actually matter. Now I am not bashing Roar, and I may have to put my foot in my mouth cause I'm sure someone will direct me to posts from a roar president before but at this point in time it feels like the racers voices are being heard and are taken into an account. Even if decisions don't go the way some of us want, the fact that we were able to put in our two cents sometimes makes all the difference to us.

So congratulations Dawn and keep up the good work!
trilerian is offline   Reply With Quote