R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2007, 02:25 AM   #1
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,154
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Thumbs up belt maintenence tips

Ok guys post up your tips.

I have a feeling that the belt makes up for quite a bit of the drivetrain friction.

Obvious things are like correctly adjusting the tension etc.

I tried the graphite powder which was a dismal failure, wouldnt stick.

I've heard of cutting every second tooth, does that work?

Cheers guys
Ashley Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:22 PM   #2
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,154
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Bump
Ashley Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:31 PM   #3
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,183
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Cobb View Post
Ok guys post up your tips.

I have a feeling that the belt makes up for quite a bit of the drivetrain friction.

Obvious things are like correctly adjusting the tension etc.

I tried the graphite powder which was a dismal failure, wouldnt stick.

I've heard of cutting every second tooth, does that work?

Cheers guys
soak them overnight with WD40
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:02 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,154
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
soak them overnight with WD40
Thank you for your reply.

I heard that it makes the belt perish, is this true?
Ashley Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:04 PM   #5
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,183
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Cobb View Post
Thank you for your reply.

I heard that it makes the belt perish, is this true?
ive been doing it to all my cars never had any problems with them
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:19 PM   #6
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,154
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
ive been doing it to all my cars never had any problems with them
excellent. Thank you very much
Ashley Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:24 PM   #7
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Wipe it with Armour All Original.

Use small clothes, soak it with armour all liquids, and start wiping on both sides. Continue doing so until the black residue become less apparent.

I do this with my nitro cars, and my nitro belts last 2 years. ( unless I got into stone chipping situation ).
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:32 PM   #8
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,154
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
Wipe it with Armour All Original.

Use small clothes, soak it with armour all liquids, and start wiping on both sides. Continue doing so until the black residue become less apparent.

I do this with my nitro cars, and my nitro belts last 2 years. ( unless I got into stone chipping situation ).
Cool thanks again for the tips
Ashley Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:41 PM   #9
Tech Master
 
Centerline Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 1,077
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
soak them overnight with WD40
Serious and funny question: Can you use JB-80? That's all I use. (They say it's "Twice as Good" as WD40!) Or is it some chemical in WD40 that makes it work.

And, What exactly is soaking it supposed to do?

We run three S400s, if I do this, do I do all belts?

Allan
Centerline Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
belt tips & methods anthony390 Electric On-Road 18 12-23-2005 09:20 PM
Batterie Maintenence Khan48 Rookie Zone 13 11-12-2005 12:26 AM
Stock Maintenence Khan48 Rookie Zone 5 10-25-2005 02:01 AM
Truck Maintenence t3guy Electric Off-Road 9 05-26-2004 09:08 AM
Belt car STS TC3 Nitro On-Road 27 12-10-2003 07:52 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:51 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net