R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 06:11 AM   #76
Tech Apprentice

If you were looked upon as Pete is in this thead, would you continue to post?

Pride maybe?
Yokomo MR-4BX with Nosram 4.5 Brushless
Tamiya TT-01 beat up car.............
Tamiya M-03 Rover

Last edited by Sime; 01-09-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:56 AM   #77
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

How "proud" can he be? He's been exposed as either a cheat or an illiterate...choose one.

I'll continue to buy from Stormers and recommend them highly to others. Lucky me...they ARE my LHS. Well, "local" by E. Montana standards anyway.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Old 01-09-2008, 12:47 PM   #78
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bob - you just convinced me to place my next order with you.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #79
Tech Rookie

peteB is a retarded moron.

who is PeteB anyway, just so we can warn others never to deal with him
Old 01-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #80
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson

As I said this will only produce more sales for Stormer since Bob handled this very professional
Old 01-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #81
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
How "proud" can he be? He's been exposed as either a cheat or an illiterate...choose one.

I'll continue to buy from Stormers and recommend them highly to others. Lucky me...they ARE my LHS. Well, "local" by E. Montana standards anyway.
peteB has had his face squizzed on by all the members on this forum. no wonder he dont come here no more
Old 01-11-2008, 05:58 AM   #82
Tech Adept

OMG, this is such a waste of time!

To Bob:
You said "advertising works" and now the question is, is this good advertising?

To rctech:
This is exactly why all the major players are not advertising here anymore!

To everyone else:
So many people are full of it, don't believe everything you read on these forums.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:14 AM   #83
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Please explain to me why this thread is still open?
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Old 01-11-2008, 06:18 AM   #84
Tech Regular

Because people keep posting on it.

Just leave it alone and it will die.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:02 AM   #85
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Because people keep posting on it.

Just leave it alone and it will die.
..........NOPE......
Old 01-11-2008, 05:12 PM   #86
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyIS300 View Post
OMG, this is such a waste of time!

To Bob:
You said "advertising works" and now the question is, is this good advertising?

To rctech:
This is exactly why all the major players are not advertising here anymore!

To everyone else:
So many people are full of it, don't believe everything you read on these forums.
Even though the intent here was for Pete to voice his concerns, I don't know that it was a waste of time, for Pete or us. Customer service is very important for every company.

Also, I checked. I used the word "advertising" in 12 different posts since 2005, and never the phrase "advertising works", as you mentioned I actually said that. At least I wasn't able to find a use of it. Paraphrasing and quoting are two different things.

You asked, "is this good advertising"? I don't think that was the intent of the thread, nor was it supposed to be, we didn't start it, and ended up involved in it. I suspect that thread was intended to be whatever is the opposite of "good advertising". The person wanted everybody to eventually know of his displeasure with a company, right or wrong. With what in my opinion, would be hoping to cause financial loss to the company.

In my opinion, when you flame a company you are hoping to keep people from having what ever happened to you, from happening to them. This could potentially result in a financial loss, or loss of business for the company.

We paid his shipping for him as a customer service. Even before he flamed us, we had solved his dilemma for him.

The thread is what it is. A thread about shipping costs and some customer service.

If even one person finds something useful in this whole thread, then it was not a waste of time.

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 01-11-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:47 PM   #87
Tech Adept

Don't get me wrong, I'm not with Pete and I think he is wrong off. On the other hand, Tower is the biggest mail ordering company in the World. Their executives don't need to go on forums to defend the company nor do they have any shipping cost nondisclosure issues with their customers.
However, this is your company, do whatever you want with it because you are the King in there. Don't be upset, it's a public forum and everyone has their own opinion. Maybe it's a good thing, at least you know what others have in mind now!
Old 01-11-2008, 10:53 PM   #88
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyIS300 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm not with Pete and I think he is wrong off. On the other hand, Tower is the biggest mail ordering company in the World. Their executives don't need to go on forums to defend the company nor do they have any shipping cost nondisclosure issues with their customers.
However, this is your company, do whatever you want with it because you are the King in there. Don't be upset, it's a public forum and everyone has their own opinion. Maybe it's a good thing, at least you know what others have in mind now!
What part did you miss? The part where the fact that shipping costs will be added LATER is "disclosed" three times during the order completion process? Ya think? At ANY of those points the customer is completely free to punch out and not complete the transaction if they have any inkling (no matter how irrational) that Stormer would try to screw anybody.

And Bob explained very very clearly (were one to read the entire post) why he does it the way he does, and that is to save his customers money. He could just charge a flat rate per pound or per cu ft like many other companies do that ship internationally but he's trying to use their experience in packing, etc and knowledge of shipping ins and outs to save folks money. And that's not himself or his company he's saving money for, it is his customers.

AND, Bob's last post sounded FAR from upset...sounds like he is of the opinion that if anyone was educated in this issue by the thread being here that it may very well have been worthwhile. I'm pretty sure nobody imagines shipping to Australia is free anymore...

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Old 01-11-2008, 11:04 PM   #89
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default wow

wow...
all i can say is wow...
Bob....you have my business from now on...

From his responses this guy cares about his business...and seems to be genuine about giving a 100 %. Don't see that too often nowadays.

Won't name other dist/sellers..but they probably would have not given a credit or refund on international shipping. Highly unlikely. Consider yourself lucky, very lucky.

As for the customer....$80 some dollars and you expected that included international shipping charges.. I know the exchange rate can't be that good for you to think that. I'm sure you saw the prices of the goods when ordering and it's pretty safe to say you knew what the tally for the product was.

Stormer should close your account and never let you order again since they are taking a loss on your error. That is just my thoughts and not theirs...so no flaming them on that comment.

I myself have sold quite a few things on the RCtech threads to international buyers (not like stormers of course)...and I have stopped because of the shipping cost and losses on my part but just my experience of course. Bob is right if you go over just by a bit and shipping charges can go drastic.
CAUSE and EFFECT
Old 01-12-2008, 07:47 AM   #90
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
What part did you miss? The part where the fact that shipping costs will be added LATER is "disclosed" three times during the order completion process? Ya think? At ANY of those points the customer is completely free to punch out and not complete the transaction if they have any inkling (no matter how irrational) that Stormer would try to screw anybody.

And Bob explained very very clearly (were one to read the entire post) why he does it the way he does, and that is to save his customers money. He could just charge a flat rate per pound or per cu ft like many other companies do that ship internationally but he's trying to use their experience in packing, etc and knowledge of shipping ins and outs to save folks money. And that's not himself or his company he's saving money for, it is his customers.

AND, Bob's last post sounded FAR from upset...sounds like he is of the opinion that if anyone was educated in this issue by the thread being here that it may very well have been worthwhile. I'm pretty sure nobody imagines shipping to Australia is free anymore...
Dude, I didn't say Pete was right and of course shipping to AU is not going to be free. At the end of the day, someone has to pay for it!
I was just pointing out the fact that Tower, the largest r/c mailing ordering company in the World, has no problem dealing with people like Pete because the company tells first how much he will be charged up front.
I didn't say Stormer is wrong. It's not about right or wrong, it's just 2 different ways of handling shipping. Some customers prefer it this way and some customers prefer the other way. If that's the way Bob wants to handle business, then that's the way he handle business and that's all. How he setups his business and run the day-to-day operation determines how successful the enterprise is. I purchased items from both Stormer and Tower in the past, can't say there is anything wrong with either one but then I'm not from Australia LOL! You guys need to realize this thread [in a business sense] is about:

Stormer vs Tower
NOT Bob vs Pete

It's really a tough business, companies like A-main and Stormer have to buy from distributors to compete with the distributors. The only chance to level the playing field is only if Stormer can buy direct from mfg. and really get the same cost like distributors. I've heard from several people that Tower's shipping is less than Stormer but there are things you can buy from Stormer that you can't from Tower.

Last edited by RickyIS300; 01-12-2008 at 08:13 AM.
Closed Thread