R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-11-2007, 06:31 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Post E4 vs Scythe

After seeing the TC5 vs. JRX-S type R thread i have a similar question this time about the cars above

Need a little help deciding between the the TM E4 vs Top Scythe,so I too am calling on owners of both to help me out. I thank you for the help with Cyclone vs Top Scythe.

I would like to hear the pros and cons of each from people who drive them every weekend. what breaks, what spares to carry and ease of set up etc.

Thanks You
Jamesalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:23 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Initial batch of TM E4 seem to have teething problem like the belt too tight etc. Hope it get sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesalex View Post
After seeing the TC5 vs. JRX-S type R thread i have a similar question this time about the cars above

Need a little help deciding between the the TM E4 vs Top Scythe,so I too am calling on owners of both to help me out. I thank you for the help with Cyclone vs Top Scythe.

I would like to hear the pros and cons of each from people who drive them every weekend. what breaks, what spares to carry and ease of set up etc.

Thanks You
pole_position is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:44 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Yes the Belts are to tight on the E4 BUT after 3 runs they are just fine Great Car Straight out the Box
Old 12-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #4
Tech Master

havent seen a scythe in person but i've checked out the TM E4 pretty good and to me the car looks very fragile and kinda cheap. it looks like the broke back mountain version of a losi type R
rosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:38 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosko View Post
havent seen a scythe in person but i've checked out the TM E4 pretty good and to me the car looks very fragile and kinda cheap. it looks like the broke back mountain version of a losi type R
rosko rosko rosko. Cracking me Call me!
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:46 AM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The E4 is a quick and easy to drive car straight out of the box (but then so are others) and has won events using the kit setup. It does appear fragile in some areas but not everyone seems to encounter the same issues (drive bones breaking, belts slipping/tight) which could point to a bit of a quality control issue at manufacture. I've had an issue with certain brands of wheels not fitting or needing spacers to fit.

My biggest issue with the the E4 at the moment is that its a little bit too clever for its own good, and this makes itself obvious when trying to order spare parts. For example, who wants to have to buy a whole complete CVD (bone and axle) when all you need is the dog bone or have to buy a complete one-way assembly if all you need is a new pulley or the little plastic bit that locks it... and how come it needs to have different belts front and rear???

Also the K Factory upgrades are ludicrously expensive and, personally, I hope other companies will get on the band wagon and get them done more cheaply.

I also love this car... its so easy to work on and at my first proper meeting with it I TQ'd and came 2nd overall with a 13.5BL and I am looking forward to running 5 cell in the new year.

Don't mistake not being happy for unhappiness - its not the same thing
ShadowAu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:15 AM   #7
Tech Adept

The "top" is a good car, always with the latests parts, is easy to setup, for me slighty fragile but lighter and is fast with correct setup.

Now, i run with a TM, is different, i feel more easy to drive,
especially how much more power you use, i run in mod 5cell BL, with Nosram 4.0 the car is quiet, i do not feel much stress on the chassis, i only run 3 times with it for now, but the feel is good car, i have good luck, for now i donīt broken nothing.

I have a Cyclone, too, and the car with the same setup, is similar to the Top.
But, for me a cyclone, is slighty faster.

Greetings, Luis C.
luic is offline   Reply With Quote