Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy Hard Case Lipo

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

nice! cant wait to get my hands on these!
Old 12-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Tech Legend

Default Basher`s are Nk-Ml best customer`s..

Basher`s are actually the ones buying up all those used Nk-Ml pack`s & charger`s you see overflowing the "for sale" forum`s .....
Old 12-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Desolas
I don't know about your area but that's not the case here...bashers buy LIPO. I see guys shelling out $120 a pop for trakpower packs for their e-maxxes.. There are a lot of "bashers" who consider going out and having a faster car as their friend "racing." These guys dump a lot of money into stuff we wouldn't even look at...

While more NIMH sell just because of price I see a lot of LIPO's sold just to people who are bashing with their stuff..very few real racers come into the hobby shop I part time at...

Everyone will have a lipo at some point...some of us are just waiting to see what ROAR is going to do...
Waiting for ROAR is a waste of time. If I'm not mistaken the biggest sedan class in this year's Northwest Indoor Championship Series is the Outlaw class. That's 10.5 brushless motors and lipo's. Everyone excepting a few old gummers is thrilled to run ONE battery for a whole weekend of quals and mains. We love it. It's wall to wall lipo's in Seattle, and more coming with the good news about TCS. And btw, I love my gold Trakpower. I'm happy to see Reedy jumping on board, too.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

these need to be heavier than what is currently offered. closer to what a nimh weighs. trying to ballance a tc is nuts w/ a lipo (unless you have a type-r)
I've heard this before but NEVER understood it.

GIVE ME LIGHT STUFF - let ME add the weight WHERE I want it...

Lead WEIGHTS are Ugly - but why on earth would I want a 3 lb BRICK in my car if I could put a 1/2lb brick in it instead.

I know, how about adding weight by running 2 LIPO packs in Parallel...DOUBLE your fun.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

still no saddle pack hardcase lipos yet
Old 12-10-2007, 01:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour

Lead WEIGHTS are Ugly - but why on earth would I want a 3 lb BRICK in my car if I could put a 1/2lb brick in it instead.

I know, how about adding weight by running 2 LIPO packs in Parallel...DOUBLE your fun.
coz we want to race with it, and thus have to make min weight limits. and also for balance reasons
Old 12-10-2007, 04:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

And for the record, the BRCA are allowing LiPo in the 19t/10.5t class for 2008.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by convikt
these need to be heavier than what is currently offered. closer to what a nimh weighs. trying to ballance a tc is nuts w/ a lipo (unless you have a type-r)
.....wrong........why would you want heavier?.......lighter equals less broken parts..........i'll be back to EP when the Nimh battery wars are over..........
Old 12-10-2007, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by academygaz
And for the record, the BRCA are allowing LiPo in the 19t/10.5t class for 2008.
This makes no sense why they would not allow LiPo's for use in stock racing. I think we have proven that laptimes are marginally slower with LiPo than NiMh, just more consistent throughout the race. It just doesn't make financial sense to have 4 to 6 NiMh packs for STOCK club racing following BRCA rules.

With a single LiPo battery, you can run all your practice laps, qualifiers, and main race. Another plus is that you only need 1-charger. Also, no discharging equipment, and no battery maintenance other than charging the battery is required anymore.

I can see reason why people are taking time on approving brushless motors, but LiPo batteries are more logical and feasible.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Is there any chance we'll know what cells Reedy is using?
Old 12-10-2007, 06:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This is the way I see it. my Orion 3200 lipos discharge at 5.66 V at 35 amps, my worst IB3800 hits 6.4V at 35 amps. I would love to run lipo but they seem a little flat running stock or 19 turn, they would probably be fine in a mod, you could just drop a turn or two. Lipo also does not yet work in 12 scale, so I will be running Nimhs for a while and keeping my lipos to play with. I realy like the look of these reedy ones and if I can borrow one from someone in the pit and check the load, if it comes close I will be buying some, if not I can wait. With all the differerent brands of lipos and nimhs lately a person should carefully investigate each for power and reliability before jumping any bandwagons.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour

hmmm, you must be an oval dude. There is simply not enough room on modern TC's where you can add weight and it not look like crap. Then you dont get to add weight where you want it, because there is no room on the chassis for 8 ounces.

I had 5 3200's and sold them all because my cars looked like shit with lead builion everywhere. 'Till there is more weight in a lipo..... No thanks.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Is there any chance we'll know what cells Reedy is using?
good God,you should change your name to "devils advocate"
Old 12-10-2007, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Taylorm
.....wrong........why would you want heavier?.......lighter equals less broken parts..........i'll be back to EP when the Nimh battery wars are over..........

bashers just dont understand
Old 12-10-2007, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Questions??

Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
HEY, the balldiff in your car is an EUROPEAN invention!!!!Left behind, huh?
Interesting MR UNLIMITED!
Please educate me as I thought that the 1st BallDiff designed
and put in to production Circa 1976 was by Team Associated (USA)
in their 1/8 On-Road RC250. Will stand by to hear back from
you on the 1st Euro built / based car that had a ball diff pre 80's.

Later!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.