R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2007, 09:05 AM   #76
Tech Master
 
slakr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 1,747
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Has an anticipated date been set for availability?
slakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:54 AM   #77
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slakr View Post
Has an anticipated date been set for availability?
As it stands and assuming no unforseen delays, the end of January is the projected date.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:19 PM   #78
Tech Elite
 
tschenck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wolcott, CT
Posts: 2,725
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
I am not familiar with the part code #s but it will be they standard type connector. It will not include a "port" like some other batteries.
sounds good. I believe the most popular balancing connnector is the hyperion/polyquest type.
tschenck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:58 AM   #79
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschenck View Post
sounds good. I believe the most popular balancing connnector is the hyperion/polyquest type.
It is unfortunate that there is no standard connector.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:08 PM   #80
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Largo,Fl.
Posts: 224
Default

Rick is right. I was there(at the Clash) many of the 2wd and 4wd drivers Including Mayfield, Eckert,and Mitch were using Lipo packs. Not only were they fast,but could put down consistent lap times.

This new ERA will hopefully bring Electric Off-road back to the front again.

Kenny"Scarecrow"Holmes
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:35 AM   #81
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
Rick is right. I was there(at the Clash) many of the 2wd and 4wd drivers Including Mayfield, Eckert,and Mitch were using Lipo packs. Not only were they fast,but could put down consistent lap times.

This new ERA will hopefully bring Electric Off-road back to the front again.

Kenny"Scarecrow"Holmes
Hey Kenny!

Electric's future popularity will depend on race organizers and drivers taking advantage of what new technology can do to improve racing. New race formats, including longer races, bump ups, etc, make racing more exciting, fresh, and felixible. A race like the Clash was the perfect opportunity to showcase the new technologies that make electric racing better than ever.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:53 AM   #82
Tech Master
 
Orange's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,277
Default

The Cactus Classic will allow Lipo next year.
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:09 AM   #83
Tech Elite
 
Leodis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,058
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
The Cactus Classic will allow Lipo next year.
Which classes?
Leodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:51 AM   #84
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 93
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
The Cactus Classic will allow Lipo next year.
It looks like ROAR needs to get up to speed and approve Lipo pretty soon or they will become insignificant. None of the "BIG" races will need their sanctioning.
martman_oc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:48 PM   #85
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,143
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martman_oc View Post
It looks like ROAR needs to get up to speed and approve Lipo pretty soon or they will become insignificant. None of the "BIG" races will need their sanctioning.
The biggest races are non Roar races anyway so it is insignificant already.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:52 PM   #86
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: north-west Indiana
Posts: 749
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

What about a saddle pack lipo? It would make since as AE has a 4wd that uses them. Also as lipo gains more acceptance car manufactures will start making chassis for lipo, I can't see a stick lipo being the best for for chassis design as the weight is thrown way off. In my t2 '007 I had to add 9.5 ounces of weight to the battery side with a 3200 orion to balance.
trilerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #87
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Largo,Fl.
Posts: 224
Default

Yea Rick it was a great event. With the battries and the brushless tech. The longer mains were Great.

Hope to see you again at the Birds

Kenny"Scarecrow"Holmes
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:28 PM   #88
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
The Cactus Classic will allow Lipo next year.
That is great news. Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
The biggest races are non Roar races anyway so it is insignificant already.
True. But every race utilizes ROAR rules whether they know it or not. Nearly every car raced is built to specifications set forth by ROAR. Many tracks use ROAR rules as the basis for their own.

The best thing that could happen to R/C racing would be unified rules that everyone follows. Making up rules here and there fragments the hobby and is bad for racers, hobby shops, clubs, and manufacturers.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:30 PM   #89
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilerian View Post
What about a saddle pack lipo? It would make since as AE has a 4wd that uses them. Also as lipo gains more acceptance car manufactures will start making chassis for lipo, I can't see a stick lipo being the best for for chassis design as the weight is thrown way off. In my t2 '007 I had to add 9.5 ounces of weight to the battery side with a 3200 orion to balance.
We have many new projects in the works. A saddle pack LiPo is a priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
Yea Rick it was a great event. With the battries and the brushless tech. The longer mains were Great.

Hope to see you again at the Birds

Kenny"Scarecrow"Holmes
It looks like I will be at the Nuremberg Toy Fair instead of the Birds this year
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:33 PM   #90
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Largo,Fl.
Posts: 224
Default

DARN
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LiPo hard case for SuperStock Szimon Electric On-Road 1 09-09-2008 09:21 AM
wtb hard case lipo savageboy69 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 7 07-27-2008 07:56 AM
28c Hard Case Lipo Now In Stock dgullickson Commercial Marketplace 0 03-03-2008 12:31 PM
WTB: Orion Lipo or other hard case lipo. BADAZZPSD R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 02-29-2008 07:01 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:11 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net