Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release) >

2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)

2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)

Old 04-16-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Why do you say that ROAR is dragging thier feet ? You obviously have a hard on for ROAR, why not be part of the solution, and help out, instead of taking all your shots. I am sure your regional director could use a hand.
I have a problem on an organization that is suppose to be for the racer and does not give us timely details on info. We did not see anything happen with the bodies until I started asking about them last week. Now we know of 4 bodies that are legal. The body rules are a bunch of measurements. It takes a couple of months to take the measurements and look at the specs to determine they are legal?

I am being part of the solution by getting the fire under your feet to get things done
Old 04-16-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So, becuase you asked questions.. we got off our asses... that is what I am reading ?

Whether you asked that question or not....

1. Parma had submitted their GBS, and it was approved.
2. PF had 3 bodies submitted and were in the approval process.

It is people like you that make others not want to give thier time and effort to make this hobby work. You ever think that the people at ROAR are doing the work FOR YOU...

I agree with the approach of stirring the pot some, but there are ways to do that more tactfully.

BTW, sorry to the ROAR members that have to read this, as I took it personally, and really should not have.

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
I have a problem on an organization that is suppose to be for the racer and does not give us timely details on info. We did not see anything happen with the bodies until I started asking about them last week. Now we know of 4 bodies that are legal. The body rules are a bunch of measurements. It takes a couple of months to take the measurements and look at the specs to determine they are legal?

I am being part of the solution by getting the fire under your feet to get things done
Old 04-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

wow... you seriously don't read much, do you?

Election for even numbered region directors are this fall. I recommend you run for election so you can eventually lead ROAR into working quicker and more efficiently for your needs.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Just one more more thing... When I was speaking to Dale Epp, he had said you talked to him, so you are well aware that he sent the bodies in a few weeks ago, so it obviously does not take a few months to measure bodies...

But is sure does take a few months for the whole process to work.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
wow... you seriously don't read much, do you?

Election for even numbered region directors are this fall. I recommend you run for election so you can eventually lead ROAR into working quicker and more efficiently for your needs.
Will the elections info be in the online Rev-up newsletter that we as members no longer get?
Old 04-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

So Quinton, How are the tires coming along.

I did not hijack the thread this time
Old 04-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Will the elections info be in the online Rev-up newsletter that we as members no longer get?
Some cant let well enough alone
Old 04-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Wow....

Nice reading your rants.

This is unfortunate that Quinton's really nice thread has turned into something like this...

Oh, instead of those elections... maybe you would like to step up and provide services in publication of RevUp since you miss it? I did it for 2 years.... 15 to 20 hours every other month was my investment I donated.....
Old 04-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Wow....

Nice reading your rants.

This is unfortunate that Quinton's really nice thread has turned into something like this...

Oh, instead of those elections... maybe you would like to step up and provide services in publication of RevUp since you miss it? I did it for 2 years.... 15 to 20 hours every other month was my investment I donated.....
I do not know if I could do it. I mean I may have the newsletter finished before the deadline. We would have to make sure we keep pace with all the other workings.

Man I saw that one and just had to
Old 04-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

You win.

Your much more clever than me.

Moving on now..............
Old 04-16-2008, 11:10 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Old 04-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Regional Moderator

DAM THE DELAYS!

The last batch of tires has not arrived yet, maybe tommorrow.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Regional Moderator

Default TIRES! TIRES! TIRES?

TIRE ANNOUNCEMENT UPDATE;

Uhhh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Still waiting for the last batch...
Old 04-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Closing this thread.... and starting Fresh without the BS.... I spoke to Quinton, and he is going to post a new thread, with new, updated information later today.

Last edited by TimPotter; 04-18-2008 at 10:56 AM.