R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 11:12 PM   #616
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Well great, when can we see an updated body list?

You are correct Rubben ROAR should not have to go out and test but just make rules. My point is ROAR should be more pro-active in listing the body as soon as it is approved. I should not have to come on a forum and bug about it. But it is possible that the approval was just today and did not get posted on the website.

Sorry the tire question was pointed to Q'man. I should have pointed that out.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:04 AM   #617
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy View Post
Well great, when can we see an updated body list?

You are correct Rubben ROAR should not have to go out and test but just make rules. My point is ROAR should be more pro-active in listing the body as soon as it is approved. I should not have to come on a forum and bug about it. But it is possible that the approval was just today and did not get posted on the website.

Sorry the tire question was pointed to Q'man. I should have pointed that out.
Body list is current.

I don't know how we can be any more proactive in getting the submitted products reviewed, approved if they pass and on the approvals list. In less than 90 days (period from excomm meeting to now) we were able to review, approve and get on their approvals lists 8 brushless motors, 2 brushed motors, 13 lipo batteries and 3 bodies not to mention all the other products submitted that did not pass approvals of which there were many bodies.

I'm concerned about this as well. If in your POV being more proactive means we should be calling the mfrs, we've done that as well. We had the same problem at the carpet nationals and the mfr's assured us before the carpet nats after granting them temporary extensions on the expired bodies, that this would all be taken care of well before the paved nats and only one mfr has submitted an approvable body. I can just hope that the others can follow thru as well.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:03 AM   #618
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

The tire announcement is comming soon. I plan to make available a brief report on all the tires tested. As well as a break down on why the chosen tire was selescted. I want to make sure that all is set in stone with the manufacture before going public.

With all the obstacles in th tire market right now, there are many things that have to be taken into account. Its not just "what tire is fast" that matters. Im looking for performance, tire life, wheel quality, reliability in the manufacture, garateed quantity, lower than average cost to the consumers, and over all value.

One thing is for sure, we will all be running the same thing.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:32 AM   #619
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Q ..... don't forget, not only will they all be on the same tire, insert and rim but they'll all be running it on the same track. Thanks for working so hard to make this the best damn show possible.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #620
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

from being at the track during some of the tire testing, I can say Q is doing a very professional job evaluating all the tires...
Old 04-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #621
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Just to echo Ruben,

I have either been in contact with, or emailed 3 different body makers, to make sure we had GBS bodies for the nats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schurcr View Post
Body list is current.

I don't know how we can be any more proactive in getting the submitted products reviewed, approved if they pass and on the approvals list. In less than 90 days (period from excomm meeting to now) we were able to review, approve and get on their approvals lists 8 brushless motors, 2 brushed motors, 13 lipo batteries and 3 bodies not to mention all the other products submitted that did not pass approvals of which there were many bodies.

I'm concerned about this as well. If in your POV being more proactive means we should be calling the mfrs, we've done that as well. We had the same problem at the carpet nationals and the mfr's assured us before the carpet nats after granting them temporary extensions on the expired bodies, that this would all be taken care of well before the paved nats and only one mfr has submitted an approvable body. I can just hope that the others can follow thru as well.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
Old 04-12-2008, 12:20 AM   #622
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey mrrcguy, Can I run tinted windows for your trophy race on the 26th? Just need to know if I need to buy a new body(s) or not. Thanks.... Catch you then....

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 04-12-2008, 08:18 AM   #623
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Hey mrrcguy, Can I run tinted windows for your trophy race on the 26th? Just need to know if I need to buy a new body(s) or not. Thanks.... Catch you then....
Sure you can. You can tint them pink with brown dots if you want.

The race on the 26th is realy just a "club race" that happens to be on a Saturday just before the nats. Its just a race added to give out of area drivers more track time if they want it.

I will set a very relaxed pace for the heats, and we will just be teching the major stuff unless someone spotts an issue.

See ya then
Old 04-12-2008, 09:00 AM   #624
Regional Moderator

Default TIRES! TIRES! TIRES?

Tire announcement update:

I had planed on being able to announce what the stated tire will be by yesterday. However, in the best intrest of the event I will be evaluating yet another compound and insert on Tuseday or Wednesday of this coming week. The announcement will follow right after.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:02 PM   #625
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Ok body's are figuried out now.

But now we need to look for the new markings. This was a running change so some of us may have the new bodies.

I hope you get some nice weather to do some testing Quinton.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:04 PM   #626
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to CarlosG.

Has their been any 12th scales on the track during the club race? If so what compounds are they running for tires and what is tire wear like as well. I just like to know so I can start prepareing my travel bag of spare parts and necessities.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:14 AM   #627
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

cThere is really no 12th on club race ,,there not that many around here but I think if 3 or more show up on a club race day he will run a class for them ,,is that right Q ?
Old 04-13-2008, 07:55 PM   #628
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrcguy View Post
Tire announcement update:

I had planed on being able to announce what the stated tire will be by yesterday. However, in the best intrest of the event I will be evaluating yet another compound and insert on Tuseday or Wednesday of this coming week. The announcement will follow right after.

Tires for Nationlas will be "pre-mounts" from tires are inserts chosen correct...?

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
Old 04-13-2008, 11:03 PM   #629
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

yes John, they will be premounts, Im not a track spokesman lol, but thats what Quinton told Us at the track last week
Old 04-14-2008, 02:33 AM   #630
Tech Master

Hey guys,

Myself and a another guy are planning on showing up on the 26th. What were the classes offered and whos going?

Chris Adams

Texas EOS 2018!
Closed Thread