Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 12:14 PM   #601
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy View Post
Does ROAR still follow this?

Any Stock National Champion may not compete in any ROAR stock National class for the next
5 years. Vehicle discipline specific. For example, off road stock national champ may participate
in on road stock nationals the next year.

So does this mean anyone that won a stock Nat in 2003 can not compete in this years stock National?
This is a new rule starting with '08. Does not effect prior Stock National champions, just this year going forward.

We won't bee seeing Micro in stock touring or 1/12 at the on-road paved nats this year.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #602
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Man sounds like winning the Stock Nat's can be a double edge sward for the guy.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #603
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
You made some point Ruben. But 23K to run an event seems like alot of money.

Is there a break down on the ROAR website that breaks down the expenses? (never mind I found it)

And I cannot find the revup news. Anyone else?
There are many expenses in a race like this:
RMT (race managment team)
Host fees, $3000 plus $50 of every entry over 150
Awards
Live RC event coverage

These are just a few but the real big ones. Don't forget that not every race is as well attended as the carpet nationals and margins get even smaller. Meaning some of the larger races profits go to cover some of the smaller races losses.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:27 PM   #604
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Man sounds like winning the Stock Nat's can be a double edge sward for the guy.

He was really happy about it!!!! No pun intended.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #605
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Does ROAR still follow this?

Any Stock National Champion may not compete in any ROAR stock National class for the next
5 years. Vehicle discipline specific. For example, off road stock national champ may participate
in on road stock nationals the next year.

So does this mean anyone that won a stock Nat in 2003 can not compete in this years stock National?
Still follow?? Thats a new rule for 2008. This begins in 2008.... the 2003 champ can race and so can the 2007 champ.

RevUP - the newsletter is no longer published as nobody has stepped up offering services to provide the newsletter. I personally did it for 2 years and have run out of time. If somebody is interested in providing the service to our membership, please contact me.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:00 PM   #606
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
Still follow?? Thats a new rule for 2008. This begins in 2008.... the 2003 champ can race and so can the 2007 champ.

RevUP - the newsletter is no longer published as nobody has stepped up offering services to provide the newsletter. I personally did it for 2 years and have run out of time. If somebody is interested in providing the service to our membership, please contact me.

Hey that was one of the things we got as a member. So I guess Ruben your membership cost has gone up since you recieve less.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #607
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Given the fact that these issues are about ROAR Events as a whole; Maybe this should be taken somewhere other than just this thread. Out of repect for those working so hard on this event maybe another thread could be started as to not tarnish this one?
Old 04-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #608
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Maybe Q should become an airmarshall since he just busted out you hi-jackers!!!

Cyclone ~ Orion ~ LRP Sphere ~ S9550
M03 ~ Orion ~ LRP QC3 ~ S9550
RC18R ~ Castle Creations ~ Hi-tec
Slash ~ 9550 ~ SMC Power
8ight-T~9550~V-Spec
Old 04-10-2008, 01:59 PM   #609
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Sorry could'nt help it.

By the way, how are those 9550's treatin ya?
Old 04-10-2008, 02:02 PM   #610
Tech Champion

So any word on the bodies?

It seems as enough time has gone by to figure this out.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:24 PM   #611
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

[QUOTE=mrrcguy;4343597]Sorry could'nt help it.

By the way, how are those 9550's treatin ya?[/QUOTE

fine - y you asking...you still looking for some?

Cyclone ~ Orion ~ LRP Sphere ~ S9550
M03 ~ Orion ~ LRP QC3 ~ S9550
RC18R ~ Castle Creations ~ Hi-tec
Slash ~ 9550 ~ SMC Power
8ight-T~9550~V-Spec
Old 04-10-2008, 03:55 PM   #612
Tech Master

Q, you have a great track and run an excellent show. I'm just concerned about the extra add fees required for on-line registration.
$1.50 processing fee and if you use PayPal it is a .30 +2.9% fee. While this is only $4.12, this should be covered in the yearly dues we pay.
And yes schurcr, the Snowbirds charged for on-line registration but we did not pay $30.00 a year to join.
Will not mention it again on this thread in respect to Q and his track. Lets race !!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 04:23 PM   #613
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Hey that was one of the things we got as a member. So I guess Ruben your membership cost has gone up since you recieve less.

I know that we're trying to work on something different and new to replace the RevUp, but yes you have a point. But you are getting more for your membership. You have RMT now, that's in part paid for by your membership, you have an Excomm that's trying to be proactive and responsive, even in public forums. Something that the membership has not had in previous administrations. You have on-line member registration, Live RC event coverage. Yes I know nationals race fees pay for some of this but it don't cover all of it.

As far as bodies go. This is not a ROAR issue. This is manufacturing issue, and untill such time that they the mfr's can submit bodies that can pass the rules they requested and wrote (GBS Global Body Spec) the bodies in question will not be legal. The manufaturer's have had over 15 months to comply with the rule they wrote and we, ROAR, have gone way above and beyond to give the mfr's extra time to get it together for the benifit of the members. It's not like these rules are different from country to country or sanctioning body to sanctioning body. The GBS was written by the body manufacturer's and adopted by ROAR and IFMAR and many of the other IFMAR blocks.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:06 PM   #614
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by schurcr View Post
I know that we're trying to work on something different and new to replace the RevUp, but yes you have a point. But you are getting more for your membership. You have RMT now, that's in part paid for by your membership, you have an Excomm that's trying to be proactive and responsive, even in public forums. Something that the membership has not had in previous administrations. You have on-line member registration, Live RC event coverage. Yes I know nationals race fees pay for some of this but it don't cover all of it.

As far as bodies go. This is not a ROAR issue. This is manufacturing issue, and untill such time that they the mfr's can submit bodies that can pass the rules they requested and wrote (GBS Global Body Spec) the bodies in question will not be legal. The manufaturer's have had over 15 months to comply with the rule they wrote and we, ROAR, have gone way above and beyond to give the mfr's extra time to get it together for the benifit of the members. It's not like these rules are different from country to country or sanctioning body to sanctioning body. The GBS was written by the body manufacturer's and adopted by ROAR and IFMAR and many of the other IFMAR blocks.
So as a member of ROAR as of right now I know of 1 body I can run that is no longer in production for the Nat's. And that body is intended for carpet. I guess that levles the playing field for all TC drivers.

I could care less about the lack of approved bodies right now if I was not going to the nat's. I know it is 11 weeks from the race. But the we should have at least a few more bodies. I really do not believe none of the body manufactures did not send you a body that you could go to a LHS and look at. We do not have even 1 new approval.

I just expect a little higher standard from ROAR as a member without a news letter.

OK enough of that. How is the spec tire coming?
Old 04-10-2008, 10:56 PM   #615
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
So as a member of ROAR as of right now I know of 1 body I can run that is no longer in production for the Nat's. And that body is intended for carpet. I guess that levles the playing field for all TC drivers.

I could care less about the lack of approved bodies right now if I was not going to the nat's. I know it is 11 weeks from the race. But the we should have at least a few more bodies. I really do not believe none of the body manufactures did not send you a body that you could go to a LHS and look at. We do not have even 1 new approval.

I just expect a little higher standard from ROAR as a member without a news letter.

OK enough of that. How is the spec tire coming?
Bodies were submitted that did not pass and yes there was one new body submitted and approved from Parma. It's not ROAR's responsibility to seek product approvals. We make rules for mfrs to follow or not. It's not up to us, ROAR, it's up to the mfr's to mfr the products to the rules and submit them for approval. As of this time Parma is the only one that has done so. Maybe you should call the mfr. of your body of choice and ask them why they haven't submitted or produced a body that will pass the rules they wrote instead of pointing the finger at the sanctioning body that can only approve what's submitted that passes the rules.

Control tire choice is that of the host. Our host, RC Hobbies, has been busting tail testing everything under the sun so that the racers have the best possible tire for the track and conditions. With Q's track only being open for a couple of weeks they're getting all the testing done as fast as humanly possible. Q should have an announcment on the control tire this week.
Closed Thread