R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2007, 10:45 PM   #16
Tech Addict
 
surrealmaterial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to surrealmaterial
Default

what about the 415's?
__________________
Castle Hill Raceway
surrealmaterial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:57 AM   #17
Tech Addict
 
academygaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 718
Default

All added.

Mainly looking for info on the:

Losi JRXS range
Serpent S400
various TRF415's

and more.
__________________
Quote, Leodis, 2007: ''I've been shopping online for 9 years and the only charge I've ever had to dispute with my credit card company was from TiR. Congratulations TiR. Even porn sites are more ethical than your company!''

RC cars - I haz sum.
academygaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:33 AM   #18
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,283
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by academygaz View Post
All added.

Mainly looking for info on the:

Losi JRXS range
Serpent S400
various TRF415's

and more.
This advice is just some assumptions, so needs to be confirmed...
Original 415 and MS should be Ok in terms of fitment for all types, the top deck is high enough, although clearance for connectors may be an issue.
MSX onwards, 3200/3600 should fit, although may require some material to be removed from the case to allow fittment under the right rear bulkhead (either that or dremel away the nice blue bulkhead... ). I should be able to confirm this myself in a bit... first LiPo is on it's way (carbon 3200)

4800 or similar... don't fit without the stick pack chassis bulkhead option, and at the moment, can't for the life of me remember the part number!

Sorry I can't be more specific... as this is only taken from what has been posted in other threads on here.

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:09 PM   #19
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,488
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Valentin.H
Default

just a quick question guys...im a newbie to lipo and i was wondering how much weight do you guys suggest i add to a orion 4800 lipo (i previously ran gp3300s sidexside configuration). i was thinking maybe 7 grams?? any suggestions? reason i am asking this is because my car is tuned for drifting, and when i tried the lipo, it seemed to handle a bit differently when i turned right with the lipo in..but fine with the gp3300 in..i just wanted to ask if any of you guys knew the weight difference as i do not have a small enough weight scale. thanks in advance

chassis: tamiya ta05
lipo: team orion 4800
mods: none
Valentin.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:53 AM   #20
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 321
Default

chassis: Serpent S400
lipo: team orion 3200
mods: A little bit of dremeling to the battery side topdeck mount
Smartypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:27 AM   #21
Tech Addict
 
speedsterblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Guru View Post
just a quick question guys...im a newbie to lipo and i was wondering how much weight do you guys suggest i add to a orion 4800 lipo (i previously ran gp3300s sidexside configuration). i was thinking maybe 7 grams?? any suggestions? reason i am asking this is because my car is tuned for drifting, and when i tried the lipo, it seemed to handle a bit differently when i turned right with the lipo in..but fine with the gp3300 in..i just wanted to ask if any of you guys knew the weight difference as i do not have a small enough weight scale. thanks in advance

chassis: tamiya ta05
lipo: team orion 4800
mods: none

I duno the difference but this is from orions site:
Dimensions 3200mAh:
Length - 137.5mm
Width - 46.7mm (17.5mm radius sides to emulate stick pack shape)
Height - 23mm (20.5mm height between bumps)
Weight - 198g (6.6 oz.)
True 20C

Dimensions 3600mAh:
Length - 138mm
Width - 47mm
Height - 23.5mm (22mm height between bumps)
Weight - 220g (7.7 oz.)
True 25C

Dimensions 4800mAh:
Length - 137.5mm
Width - 47mm
Height - 23mm
Weight - 258g (9.1 oz.)
True 15C
speedsterblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:50 PM   #22
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 31
Default

Chassis used:yokomo bd
Battery used:demon 5000
Mods needed:none

Chassis used:yokomo bd
Battery used:trackpower 4900
Mods needed: grind back bulkhead
__________________
(\__/)
(='.'=)
("')("') it time for bunny to kick ass!!!!!
chazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:44 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic
 
minicooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Posts: 949
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to minicooper Send a message via Yahoo to minicooper
Default

Chassis used: Tamiya TA04R
Battery used:Orion 3200
Mods needed:Grind battery compartment. Will fit if some pressure is applied but once in the slot it is very hard to remove battery.
minicooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:22 PM   #24
Tech Champion
 
ROBORAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: JP Raceway
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by academygaz View Post
Chassis used: Schumacher Mi3
Battery used: Orion 4800
Mods needed: Shorter centre track rod (CTR)

Chassis used: Schumacher Mi3
Battery used: Core 5000mAh
Mods needed: Shorter centre track rod (CTR) moved forward 1 hole.
Small slot cut into packs hardcasing to allow the balance tap cable to come out the end instead of the top. Trakpower will fit under bulkheads..JUST, but the bulkheads cover one of the 4mm connectors at the end of the pack. Some people have just mounted the pack at an angle or put the pack on it's side.
would it be possible to post pics of this set up? I also have an mi3 and im looking for a way to fit the Orion 4800 and Core 5000 pask in them. I get the short center steering ttrack rod replacement but i wanna see how everythig lines up if possible.... would really appreciate it. thanks!

... oh, and whats the part number of the short CTR?
__________________
[YOKOMO BD7][REEDY RACING][TEAM ORION]
[Sanwa][LRP][Protoform]

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:22 PM   #25
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,488
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Valentin.H
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsterblade View Post
I duno the difference but this is from orions site:
Dimensions 3200mAh:
Length - 137.5mm
Width - 46.7mm (17.5mm radius sides to emulate stick pack shape)
Height - 23mm (20.5mm height between bumps)
Weight - 198g (6.6 oz.)
True 20C

Dimensions 3600mAh:
Length - 138mm
Width - 47mm
Height - 23.5mm (22mm height between bumps)
Weight - 220g (7.7 oz.)
True 25C

Dimensions 4800mAh:
Length - 137.5mm
Width - 47mm
Height - 23mm
Weight - 258g (9.1 oz.)
True 15C
cool thanks that helped a bit if anyone else has any other info. please lmk
Valentin.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:29 PM   #26
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,661
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBORAT View Post
would it be possible to post pics of this set up? I also have an mi3 and im looking for a way to fit the Orion 4800 and Core 5000 pask in them. I get the short center steering ttrack rod replacement but i wanna see how everythig lines up if possible.... would really appreciate it. thanks!

... oh, and whats the part number of the short CTR?
You can still run a Core 5000 in the Mi3 without the rod. Just have it sit at a very slight angle. I have been doing this with zero problems.

===

Original 415 fits Core 5000 no problem.

===

Not sure of the actual Core 5000 dimension but they have to be close to the Orion Platinums. If so anything that a Platinum fits a Core should as well.
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #27
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,010
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main
Default

Does anyone know how much weight I need to add if I use a Orion 3200 lipo compared to a Orion Ib 4200 battery?
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:36 PM   #28
Tech Master
 
HB Moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Surf City, USA
Posts: 1,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main View Post
Does anyone know how much weight I need to add if I use a Orion 3200 lipo compared to a Orion Ib 4200 battery?
Let me go check...

IB4200 with Deans 450g. Orion 3200 lipo with Deans 210g. So you need 240gs of weight. Maybe just run a second lipo

PS. IB3800 weights 423g so you can save a few grams if you don't need the run time.
HB Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 12:27 AM   #29
Tech Champion
 
ROBORAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: JP Raceway
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
You can still run a Core 5000 in the Mi3 without the rod. Just have it sit at a very slight angle. I have been doing this with zero problems.

===

Original 415 fits Core 5000 no problem.

===

Not sure of the actual Core 5000 dimension but they have to be close to the Orion Platinums. If so anything that a Platinum fits a Core should as well.
betwen the two im actually leaning towards the orion 4800s more ... sorry i dint mentioned that earlier. in terms of sliding in under the top deck and blkheads yes, both the Core and Orion Platinums are sure to go in. But the problem occurs with the connectors of the Orion packs ... one (cant remember if positive or neg terminal) will be blocked by the rear bulkhead. i just really wanted to see if someone had pics so can see the end result of what some of the guys here have said they've already been able to do. just would be nice to have a visual. .... if possible that is. if not then i'll just figure it out on my own ... thanks though.
__________________
[YOKOMO BD7][REEDY RACING][TEAM ORION]
[Sanwa][LRP][Protoform]

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:35 AM   #30
Tech Addict
 
academygaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 718
Default

I'll get some pics of my Orion 4800 and Mi3 tomorrow, but with the shorter centre track rod, the pack sits closer to the centreline of the chassis and the negative terminal is open, but sits very close to the RH bulkhead.

The track rod comes as a pack of 7, all different lengths and ackerman positions, I just used the one thats the same spacing as the original, but shorter to move the post forwards. The part number is "U3135 Centre Track Rods; Set 7 - Mi3".

If anyone wants to use the list compiled in the first post on your own forum or website, it'd be easier to just link back to this thread instead of copying & pasting, as this list will keep getting updated.
__________________
Quote, Leodis, 2007: ''I've been shopping online for 9 years and the only charge I've ever had to dispute with my credit card company was from TiR. Congratulations TiR. Even porn sites are more ethical than your company!''

RC cars - I haz sum.
academygaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TrueRC Lipo 10C and 15C 8000mah Lipo Fitment in RC10T4 or XXXTCR Cain Electric Off-Road 2 09-09-2008 08:14 PM
TRF415 Lipo Fitment Dorikin Electric On-Road 12 03-13-2008 08:16 PM
What 2wd buggies have no issues with lipo fitment Cain Electric Off-Road 17 01-03-2008 09:17 PM
Mini t and 11.1 lipo fitment ?? Gen Micro and Mini Scales 2 11-08-2007 05:38 PM
MaxAmps Lipo Thread!! omaharich Electric On-Road 89 08-17-2007 11:52 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:10 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net