R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #331
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main View Post
Have no idea if Josh is running Kyosho,or not... Josh is definately a wheel...
That's like some dude on the Packers practice squad saying he has no idea if Brett Favre is still playing for the packers...
Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:43 PM   #332
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Daddy Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVFracingwilly View Post
Anybody know where Snowy finished I check the A,B,C but didnt see his name did he even show??????
He was B Q by less than 1 second in 10.5 Rubber Tire.
Because you couldn't find it..... Here you go. Maybe you could join us next year so that we will see your name with the big boys.

Qualifier Car# Driver Name Laps/Time Freq
1 1 Hohnstein, Josh 27/5:11.130 87
2 2 Stampfel, Nick 26/5:03.535 2.4ghz
3 3 Dibb, Mike 26/5:09.723 2.4ghz
4 4 Ernst, Scotty 26/5:10.124 66
5 5 Achterkirch, Nick 26/5:10.482 69
6 6 Suangka, Charlie 25/5:04.367 67
7 7 Crain, Skip 25/5:05.521 2.4ghz
8 8 O'Brien, Kraig 25/5:07.190 2.4ghz
9 9 Stogie 25/5:08.194 67
10 10 Seay, Bob 25/5:10.944 2.4ghz
11 1 Schneeweis, Eric 25/5:11.324 2.4ghz
12 2 Buck 25/5:12.839 2.4ghz

Last edited by Big Daddy Boomer; 01-07-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Big Daddy Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:52 PM   #333
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to Big Daddy Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Boomer View Post
I will be posting them this evening. I have about 1000 to finish going through.
My real job gets in the way.
Ok I have posted some pictures from the 2008 Novak Race HERE

A lot of car pictures going through the sweeper at full speed
Big Daddy Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:22 PM   #334
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis View Post
Wouldn't call Cyrul's car a Kyosho - he doesn't run for them anymore and it is his own design anyway. Congrats to Cyrul and Blackstock for some fine finishes.
yea, i dunno if he still actually runs for Kyosho, but there was a LARGE Kyosho sticker on the hood of his ride, along with a couple smaller ones on the side. and i did recognize the red toe blocks with the inserts to be of K design, but didnt get a better look to see what else was up.

tons o' fun as always up there in WI... awesome bunch of people to hang with as always!

my observations...

the BL format gives lots more time to wrench on setup without worrying about getting motored everywhere, especially in Mini.

good to see Brian Kinwald out racing again, and doing well with the Xray ride!

same goes for Martin Crisp, as well... good to see him back as well.

Justin Z. had some sort of Mini voodoo secrets... never seen one handle that well, and he def wheeled it. and where was Sobottka? B? lol!

the 10.5 was super fast with foams, and several drivers threw down some 9-second laps to prove it.

who says the TC5 doesnt like foams? congratz to Team AE and Bob Stellflue... nice chatting with ya at dinner sunday.

congratz to Charlie Suangka for outqualifying me and plenty of others with his loaner Mini... i think he is hooked! (email sent!)

i did hear lots of "comments" about the handout rubber tires, but everyone had the same issues to deal with, so im not sure what the big deal is.

and as always, thanks to Scotty, Boomer, all the Trackside gang, all the sponsors, Charlie, S., Bob Novak, the racers, etc... this is the one race i most look forward to, and cant wait till next year!!!!

Wes

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:25 PM   #335
Tech Elite

My pictures are here

http://www.rcscoringpro.com/photos

Snowy didn't have good luck in qualifying, he should have made the A for sure.

Official software of: ROAR Nationals, IIC, Cactus Classic, Indoor Champs, Reedy Race and Trackside Hobbies in Brookfield, WI!
RC Scoring Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:30 PM   #336
Tech Elite

thanks Boomer! awesome job!

AE - Reedy - LRP - Hobby Velocity - XP Digital - JConcepts
Maybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:10 PM   #337
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedone View Post
that is KYOSHO'S LOSS for not taking advantage of the awesome design that is winning and was there any other cars from them there or in the show
shame on them

josh with the right set-up can win races with a tyco ripper
AWESOME JOB JOSH AND WHEN CAN I GET MY NEW TC FROM YA ARE YOU TAKING PRE-ORDERS YET!!!!!!!
I pitted next to Josh all weekend his car is sweet and not much to it ...
Old 01-08-2008, 07:24 AM   #338
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Cudos to Scotty and his awesome crew. Let's not forget the sponsor that makes this one of the best touring car races and now "brushless only" races of 2008, so far. NOVAK Thanks -- I personally had a good time - except for the battery blowing up! Congrats to all the winners and racers that came to this race. Great way to start the 2008 racing season off.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:11 AM   #339
Tech Fanatic

Default josh cyrul leaves kyosho

hey all:Great job on the win cyrul and wow this man can wheel a car as we all know.Just want to know when and why cyrul left kyosho and if we can have have pics and info on what TC he's driving now posted?Thanks

Last edited by b-man777; 01-13-2008 at 01:51 PM.
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:43 AM   #340
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdude View Post
Cudos to Scotty and his awesome crew. Let's not forget the sponsor that makes this one of the best touring car races and now "brushless only" races of 2008, so far. NOVAK Thanks -- I personally had a good time - except for the battery blowing up! Congrats to all the winners and racers that came to this race. Great way to start the 2008 racing season off.
Could you give more info on the battery blowing up. What make? Circumstances leading to the problem? Charge rate/peak/re-peak?

Thanks
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:51 AM   #341
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Well, how do I start this post without first saying Thanks! Thanks to everyone who made the 2008 Novak race in my opinion the best ever.

To Bob Novak and Charlie Suangka from Novak Electronics. Huge thanks for your support this year and the first ever Brushless Sedan race was a huge success.

Props to Charlie, yes everyone knows he is my very good friend, but I want to say great job. He worked so hard this weekend. It did not matter if your speedo was orange, blue or black. He was there to take temps, solder for guys and help everyone out regardless of what product was in there car. Great Job.

Oh yea and for the record. He did beat me. I won the qualifying battle, but he won the war! You sir, were better than me.......... this weekend.

More thanks to all my staff who makes the Novak race the best it can be. Kenny did another great job preparing and running the shop.

Jamie, Showtime and Danny the "A Team" thanks for another job well done.

David St.Peter for begin a big help to Kenny in the shop. Thanks

Doug Hay from RC Scoring Pro: another event where your software shined. Thanks Doug for all your help throughout the event.

Brandon Rohde from Liverc.com: Well you saw what everyone was saying. It was again awesome for everyone to be able to follow along and be part of the event even though they were 1000's of miles away. Great Job and the future of RC coverage is only going to get better. Tremendous Job Brandon.

Aaron and Rachel for your help all week. Great Job.

Eric" Painter" Snowy. Thanks again man!

Bill Black and family, more cudos!

More thanks to Bob,Skip,Kevin and Ken for helping with my ride so I could play this weekend. Best part of my job is running the events we produce. Worst part is I never get to play, thanks to these guys for making it so I can have fun with everyone.

Last but not least, to all of the racers who decided to take a chance and come to the first Brushless touring race. I think everyone had a wonderful time. Many were hesitant to make the switch, some still don't want to try it, but all that raced the Novak race can tell you. It is here and it is the way to go.

It means the world to us that you guys take your vacation time to spend it with us racing in our events. I know there are a ton of events throughout the year, but I want to say the most sincere thanks that you for choose to attend ours.

We look forward to seeing all of you again at Trackside and wish everyone a wonderful New Year.

Thanks,
All of us from Trackside.
Scotty Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:11 AM   #342
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Could you give more info on the battery blowing up. What make? Circumstances leading to the problem? Charge rate/peak/re-peak?

Thanks
It was an old IB cell, I was ready to practice after charging at 6.0 amps. The negative wire and battery bar came unsoldered from the cell and then a minute later went hiss......hiss a moment later BOOM
Old 01-08-2008, 09:41 AM   #343
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man777 View Post
hey all:Great job on the win cyrul and wow this man can wheel a car as we all know.Just want to know when and why cyrul left kyosho and if we can have have pics and info on what TC he's driving now posted?Thanks
I believe Josh's contract with Kyosho ended, and both of them are just looking at other options.

As far as I know Josh still has a great relationship with Kyosho.

The car he raced at the Novak race is simply a fast, easy to drive touring car that gets abused on a daily basis. Anyone who visit's Cefx Raceway is welcome to take a closer look at Josh's car as it is on display and not locked up as one might suspect
Biff Malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:36 AM   #344
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff Malibu View Post
I believe Josh's contract with Kyosho ended, and both of them are just looking at other options.

As far as I know Josh still has a great relationship with Kyosho.

The car he raced at the Novak race is simply a fast, easy to drive touring car that gets abused on a daily basis. Anyone who visit's Cefx Raceway is welcome to take a closer look at Josh's car as it is on display and not locked up as one might suspect

I look at it everytime I'm there. It's obviously a great car. Got to wonder when it will go into production. If Kyosko doesn't build it then you got to wonder who's waiting for the right moment to step up ....
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:38 AM   #345
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

This was without a doubt the best Novak race I have ever attended (i've been to 8).

Scotty and his crew did an incredible job. The brushless motors were a great equalizer. Nobody had a car that was noticeably faster than the others down the straight. At the brushed races there are always a few cars that are just scary down the straight.......thankfully that was not the case last week.

Bob and Charlie are as good as it gets for company representitives, and I would like to thank them and the rest of the people at Novak for the effort that is put into this race on there end.

For those of you that could not attend this race.....you truly missed out on 1 of the best racing experiences ever.
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote