R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-06-2007, 02:09 PM   #196
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
The battery you will see from Reedy is configured so that you can put it in a TC chassis and use the existing battery slots so that the battery does not slide around. Pics should be posted tomorrow hopefully.

I'd love to share my "ultimate" LiPo battery ideas for future releases, but they are too revolutionary to discuss at this point :-)

Thanks, can't wait, should have known insider info. In my opinion that is going to fix a lot of issues.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:09 PM   #197
Tech Elite

How about a complete switch away from the current thinking. Use smaller motors and smaller speedos to lower the weight of the electronics side of a TC.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:23 PM   #198
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
How about a complete switch away from the current thinking. Use smaller motors and smaller speedos to lower the weight of the electronics side of a TC.
Yes, absolutley. Its already there with micro systems, and we have seen that the current technology is far more that what most can effectively drive, and the wear and tear of the driveline pays a hefty price. A in between would work very well. And since the rules are being re-written so to speak, you may as well make it as right as you can the first time.

My only question would be, how do you envision ROAR to incorporate this without alienating themselves from the IFMAR standards.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:54 PM   #199
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Yes, absolutley. Its already there with micro systems, and we have seen that the current technology is far more that what most can effectively drive, and the wear and tear of the driveline pays a hefty price. A in between would work very well. And since the rules are being re-written so to speak, you may as well make it as right as you can the first time.

My only question would be, how do you envision ROAR to incorporate this without alienating themselves from the IFMAR standards.
This sort of thing has to be worked out in advance. Decide specs among the different organizations and determine an implementation deadline so everyone has time to make stuff that works.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:19 PM   #200
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
I've been thinking about that for 12th scale... 380 sized brushless with a 7.4 lipo... It would weight less than what we use now and probably offer the same performance but better handling...