R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #91

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Everyone, listen to this man. Battery matching business are no gold mines and for the amount of spent matching batteries, the return is not very good at all.
Personally I'm pretty fond of spending hours on end bent over tables of batteries squinting at battery numbers and arranging them into piles. It's not about money, it's about job satisfaction...

Looking forward to putting these new cells through the wringer. We should have them soon and we're already coming up with some tests to really put "high drain" to the test.
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:28 AM   #92
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMR View Post
they are NOT a EP or IB or GP in a new shrink…Period Keoni

So that most probably leaves Grepow. . I know you denied that they are not "Grewpow" but are they Grepow because I have spoken to people at Grepow and they go very quiet when you ask them questions about this new cell
Old 12-08-2007, 08:08 AM   #93
Tech Fanatic

Wrong.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 08:32 AM   #94
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Can we please stop playing this stupid game? Who makes the damn cells we're supposed to pay top dollar for? Thanks!
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:13 PM   #95
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
... Who makes the damn cells we're supposed to pay top dollar for? Thanks!
My wife's cousin said that her stylist said that Al Gore invented these new cells. He's a very intelligent man. ........ oh wait, maybe that was the internet they were talking about.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:16 AM   #96
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Can we please stop playing this stupid game? Who makes the damn cells we're supposed to pay top dollar for? Thanks!
Yea... lets stop asking who makes these cells. Its obvious they arnt releasing that info.
Personally I dont care who makes them.. only that they perform well and are reliable
Oh... and no one is making you buy these (or any) cells. If your not comfortable with these cells dont buy them.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:46 AM   #97
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman View Post
Yea... lets stop asking who makes these cells. Its obvious they arnt releasing that info.
Personally I dont care who makes them.. only that they perform well and are reliable
Oh... and no one is making you buy these (or any) cells. If your not comfortable with these cells dont buy them.
You, there, stop being the voice of reason, you're killing all my fun! :-)
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:56 AM   #98
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman View Post
Bingo! The people who care about who makes the cells are nothing but a bunch of bench racers that are dead last on rctech, as well as the track.

Does the cell perform, is it reliable? Those are the important questions, the rest be damn.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:44 AM   #99
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by lush View Post
Well maybe if you spoke the facts yourself and just admitted that they were rebadged grepow cells, rather than carrying on with this "these are all new cells, honest!" bullshit, you might not have that problem.
Lush knows nothing guys.. He only has 29 posts... you have to get to 100 posts before you remotely know anything.... lol
Old 12-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #100
Tech Apprentice

Amen to that!!! I build motors and match batteries in addition to my 10 hour a day "real" job. I really enjoy this type of work and I do it to make a few extra bucks to support my hobbies and with a little luck, make a few bucks on top of that. When you look at the RISING cost of the cells PLUS the cost of equipment PLUS credit card/PayPal/ebay fees PLUS packaging/advertising/etc. PLUS taxes PLUS losses from cells that are bad or stick pack quality there really isn't a lot of money left over. This doesn't even factor in the time and effort to do the work. Like Eric said, if it weren't for the "small" matchers we really would be paying $100 per pack for matched cells. Luckily for the consumer there are a reasonable number of small companies matching cells and more cells on the market to choose from these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Actually about 95% of the people in the RC business do it to support their racing or enjoyment....PERIOD. If you think Jack does this to make a lot of money you must not know him very well and what his "real" business is.

I know I started mine just to HELP cover some of my racing cost and it grew much larger than that....enough to live on but not much else...and that depends on the cost of living where you are located.

I dont see where people act like they are doing it out of the kindness of their hearts they just get tired of the same old "Battery matchers are evil...they make a fortune off of poor racers".....that's simply not true at all. If there were no "small" matchers you would be paying 100.00 a pack like back in the day when I started racing!

EA
Old 12-09-2007, 10:08 PM   #101
Tech Fanatic

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?...fer_en&CatId=0

I don't know if you know this but the world is a very very big place with about 7 billion people. On top of that, could you believe there is more than one battery manufacture? Here is a list of 60000+ manufacutres of batteries, majority of which will do a small-run OEM batch of batteries of 10,000min. So no more of "i bet they are just relabled batteries from company X" and back to the real thread.

Anyone have some specs on these cells?

SEC: ????
MAH: ????
IR: ????
Discharge Rate: 30, 35, 40A?
trailranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:08 AM   #102
Tech Master

i've done a little digging and what I have come up with is the new cells are made by ener-g. seen that same name else where on lipo stuff.

it don't matter to me but to some it does.

as long as the company isn't ike IB and plays with the cells. this is very sad. but I went through 15 4 cell packs I have and my best pack is 1 year old and I pitched 7 packs into the garbage. and of those 7 they were from apr 07 - aug 07.

that just sucks so Danny from SMC what I want is stability. and once that is found stop screwing with the cells
davepull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:39 PM   #103
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

I know its to early to ask Has anyone tried these cell's yet?

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:46 PM   #104
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike ivy View Post
I know its to early to ask Has anyone tried these cell's yet?
yes
3 guys at the track i run at have tried them
and in 1/12 they seem fast.
they are smc cells
iv ordered 3 4cell packs to try but i think they will be better or last longer than ib cells.
i just need good new cells so ill try.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:53 PM   #105
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Cool, Thanks for the info. My sponsor eXpress motorsports should have them very soon if ya can check em out you wont be disapointed. http://www.tmxpress.net/ cant wait to try them out.

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote