R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-05-2007, 03:30 AM   #76
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to ooliganRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny/SMC View Post
Cells are due in this week which means we should ship them out to distributors on the 17th.
can we get these in the UK?

"You aint going fast enough, if you aint Full Throttle"
Currently slow due to : Bad thumbs and no motors :P
ooliganRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:30 AM   #77
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Actually about 95% of the people in the RC business do it to support their racing or enjoyment....PERIOD. If you think Jack does this to make a lot of money you must not know him very well and what his "real" business is.

I know I started mine just to HELP cover some of my racing cost and it grew much larger than that....enough to live on but not much else...and that depends on the cost of living where you are located.

I dont see where people act like they are doing it out of the kindness of their hearts they just get tired of the same old "Battery matchers are evil...they make a fortune off of poor racers".....that's simply not true at all. If there were no "small" matchers you would be paying 100.00 a pack like back in the day when I started racing!

EA
EA you are so right.

Everyone, listen to this man. Battery matching business are no gold mines and for the amount of spent matching batteries, the return is not very good at all.
ghuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:30 AM   #78
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Hurricane is taking pre-orders.
Johnny Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:29 PM   #79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Thumbs up ib,ep..................ip?

Hurricane Brad is My man by far a stand up guy and has became a very good wheel!!!!!......on a side note I heard from a 100% team driver that all the new cells will be 1 of 2 same cell diff cover ib,ep etc....I would like to know what happen to the IP cells the old red 3800's by far 1 of my best packs ever! if we can get back to that type of cell ....ok off to pre order c u all at the novak!
Old 12-06-2007, 08:37 AM   #80
KMR
Tech Fanatic

I have heard that some matchers have already been testing these cells and they didn’t like them…I have heard they are IB in new shrink….I have heard that these are EP in new shrink…Hell I even heard they are GP in new shrink…I heard yesterday that a 100% team drivers mothers friend got the new cells and cycled them and they were no good. Well I can tell you for a FACT…NO one has these cells yet and they are NOT a EP or IB or GP in a new shrink…Period We are tracking them now via UPS and will have them hopefully today. Come on guys get the facts before spreading rumors!

Keoni

Team Associated - Reedy - LRP - SRS - BC1 - CH
KMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:01 AM   #81
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Come on guys get the facts before spreading rumors!
Well maybe if you spoke the facts yourself and just admitted that they were rebadged grepow cells, rather than carrying on with this "these are all new cells, honest!" bullshit, you might not have that problem.
lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:36 AM   #82
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lush View Post
Well maybe if you spoke the facts yourself and just admitted that they were rebadged grepow cells, rather than carrying on with this "these are all new cells, honest!" bullshit, you might not have that problem.
tell us how you really feel lush!?!?!?!!
Old 12-06-2007, 11:08 AM   #83
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMR View Post
I have heard that some matchers have already been testing these cells and they didn’t like them…I have heard they are IB in new shrink….I have heard that these are EP in new shrink…Hell I even heard they are GP in new shrink…I heard yesterday that a 100% team drivers mothers friend got the new cells and cycled them and they were no good. Well I can tell you for a FACT…NO one has these cells yet and they are NOT a EP or IB or GP in a new shrink…Period We are tracking them now via UPS and will have them hopefully today. Come on guys get the facts before spreading rumors!

Keoni
I can't say no names but I feel it is true any one person can call it what they want and yet it will be the same cell right?...unless smc and promatch make the cell rather than buying it from X maker ......I never said I know someone had the new cell's ..no rumors here
Old 12-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #84
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lush View Post
WOW! Thats awesome! Ok your right but they not Grewpow they are Energizers and they will keep going...and going...and going..

Keoni

Old 12-06-2007, 03:22 PM   #85
Tech Adept

Call rctvlive and have the new cell featured on the show or have the owner of promatch on again and he can explain it that would be cool
microcrazy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:29 PM   #86
KMR
Tech Fanatic

There was some talk a couple weeks ago about doing a blip about matching at the Promatch shop. Kinda like a behind the scenes. Im not sure what ever became of it. Might be kinda interesting to some to see how batteries are matched and processed..

Keoni

Old 12-06-2007, 05:38 PM   #87
Tech Rookie

customer labelled Grepows, niice
homebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:57 PM   #88
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance72RC

my question is why such a big push by all the companies to buy these cells right now when they will probably not be ROAR legal for Nats anyways? ROAR rules state that the submittal of cells has to be done in October and April. So unless some miracle happens they won't be legal for the onroad nats. So, why aren't the companies pushing more for the manufactures of legal cells to get more distributed?
Lance72RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:12 PM   #89
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Lance ~ I hope this helps http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...3&postcount=16
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:05 PM   #90
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

lush or homebrew- What evidence is there to say that these are relabeld grepow's? Just wondering.....
Ffejdat is offline   Reply With Quote