R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-23-2008, 04:54 PM   #466
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jan Larsen

Those of you who've tried them; how much charge do they take? +4600mah?
Jan Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:30 PM   #467
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mike Blackstock-

Thanks for sharing that latest data.....that was more encouraging to me than any of the racing results I have seen mentioned in this thread!

Danny/SMC-

I decided to go ahead and order a couple packs....we'll see how they work. On another note....SMC was one of the first, if not the first, to make the jump to discharging at 35 amps. Any plans to up that to 40 amps now that the proper matching equipment is available?

Thanks,

Colin
Team Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:36 PM   #468
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post

Enjoy the cells ... just tone down the hype It is just so American
..........theres always a buzz-kill guy that is not AMERICAN..that wants to be an AMERICAN...............these cells.....well, they..RIP
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:44 PM   #469
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TMR CHASSIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Larsen View Post

My 4-cell packs take 4800-4900 MAH @ 7 amp charge!
I have EP4200 that I got @ the same time they take 4400-4500 @ 7 amps!
But I guess the are just rewrapped right

I also put 1000sec back into my Ener-G packs and let them sit for 14 days and all cells still had charge in them and cycled just like when they were new!!!

Thanks Jeff & Danny for finding a great cell for our Hobby!!!

Raymond McCoy
TMR CHASSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:46 PM   #470
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

I also put 1000sec back into my Ener-G packs and let them sit for 14 days and all cells still had charge in them and cycled just like when they were new!!!

Raymond McCoy
Old 01-23-2008, 08:46 PM   #471
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Raymond McCoy
Old 01-23-2008, 11:22 PM   #472
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR CHASSIS View Post

Raymond McCoy
That is odd, my packs, treating them the same as the ib except the charge current, only take about 4450mah to full charge. How I treat my packs; race, discharge at 35amps to .9, 20% storage charge, then before I race them again, tray them to .9v and charge at 7.5amps with 3mv/cell. The biggest difference I have found between the ib4200 and the ener-g 4600 is that the latter don't get as hot when charging. I can only charge my ib cells at 6amps to get to 125 degrees F, but to get to that temp with the ener-g I need to charge at 7.5amps. But for the life in me, I can't get more than 4500mah back into the cells, I even tried taking them to .5v/cell before charging. But I am content with the cells, they cycle the same as my ib cells on my equipment and perform, I would say relatively the same on the track. From one run to another who can really say where that .1 second came from? Could be a better line, could be the motor came in better, could be the batteries, could be more traction in the track. Regardless they are working quite well, and so long as I don't have to buy any more packs until fall, I will be happy.
trilerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:47 AM   #473
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilerian View Post
That is odd, my packs, treating them the same as the ib except the charge current, only take about 4450mah to full charge. How I treat my packs; race, discharge at 35amps to .9, 20% storage charge, then before I race them again, tray them to .9v and charge at 7.5amps with 3mv/cell. The biggest difference I have found between the ib4200 and the ener-g 4600 is that the latter don't get as hot when charging. I can only charge my ib cells at 6amps to get to 125 degrees F, but to get to that temp with the ener-g I need to charge at 7.5amps. But for the life in me, I can't get more than 4500mah back into the cells, I even tried taking them to .5v/cell before charging. But I am content with the cells, they cycle the same as my ib cells on my equipment and perform, I would say relatively the same on the track. From one run to another who can really say where that .1 second came from? Could be a better line, could be the motor came in better, could be the batteries, could be more traction in the track. Regardless they are working quite well, and so long as I don't have to buy any more packs until fall, I will be happy.
Charge mah's does not really have anything to do with mah out of a cell. Also different kinds of chargers will put more/less mah into a cell due to the differences in peak detection circuitry. I know a Pit Bull will put more mah into a cell than any charger I have found. GFX's usually put the lowest in. But both perform the same on the track.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:43 PM   #474
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Speed View Post
Mike Blackstock-

Thanks for sharing that latest data.....that was more encouraging to me than any of the racing results I have seen mentioned in this thread!

Danny/SMC-

I decided to go ahead and order a couple packs....we'll see how they work. On another note....SMC was one of the first, if not the first, to make the jump to discharging at 35 amps. Any plans to up that to 40 amps now that the proper matching equipment is available?

Thanks,

Colin

Yes but it will take a bit of time as were heavily backordered at the moment and trying to get caught back up. It's also touchy as it will make the numbers look lower and some may not understand the difference and want to not buy a 40 amp pack due to the lower numbers.

We may just do a 40amp series and keep the 35amp one and see which one sells the most.
Danny/SMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:11 PM   #475
Tech Adept

im sorry guys, but i have to ask this, i read this whole thread and it still seems confusing to me.. and if possible i would like a straight answer... who makes these enerG 4600 packs? PM me an answer ir here please?
Old 01-28-2008, 07:20 PM   #476
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech4 View Post
im sorry guys, but i have to ask this, i read this whole thread and it still seems confusing to me.. and if possible i would like a straight answer... who makes these enerG 4600 packs? PM me an answer ir here please?
HA HA classic.

Shhhhhhhh .. it's a secret. It is a secret formula designed by a battery matcher that no other battery company has thought of before

It has many secret ingredients designed by a battery matcher buton pusher. Maybe it is KFC
Old 01-28-2008, 08:34 PM   #477
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Cannon- Who do YOU think makes them... A few on this thread have made these accusations that they are something repackaged, haven't seen any real proof of that though...
Old 01-29-2008, 06:15 AM   #478
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does it really matter who makes the cells? They work really well and I am not affraid of blowing something up. I could care less where they are manuf'd.

just my .02

BTW these cells are the real deal, I personally like them better than IB's.

Real men race MODIFIED!!
JoeGlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:29 AM   #479
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
I have watched the thread for a while and you guys are hilarious. Added rip ... better than any cell ever made .. more rip ... heaps of rip....

So suddenly someone has found a cell like no cell ever made before ? ... PLEASE

THe added performance is more likely having a set of new cells against an old set of cells. It is good that they are more reliable .. dont get me wrong. But the hype is hilarious.

Consider the scenario .. these cels are being manufactured by one of the major battery companies .. not some small backyard manufacturer. This means this cell is being wrapped as another name as well. There is nothing wrong with this except the hype makes it hilarious.

BTW , before the flame war starts, I match cells and get cells from all manufacturers. I do not have an axe to grind for ANY company

Enjoy the cells ... just tone down the hype It is just so American
i have 2 of feral's east power packs and they rip

aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi
extreme-rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #480
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys, quick Q.

Whoose the UK distributor for these cells? I notice that they've been approved on the BRCA cell list for '08 (see here http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=203450)

Just intrigued really... tempted to get some if they are easily avaliable.

Cheers
Ed