New Ener-G 4600 Ni-MH Cell

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Ener-G 4600 Ni-MH Cell

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Jim, while your comments may be benign when taken in context, there is no denying the intent of Chad's post or the implications made. Perhaps you posting so close to his original post was taken as an endorsement of his comments, I don't know. That's how I saw it and evidently others did too.

By the way, I really doubt "off brand" batteries with "low voltage" would be able to dominate like we just did.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:40 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What Dieter is saying is that he agrees with us and Chad's complete ignorant attitude has no place in the industry, he's just going to alienate and run people out with his attitude..

Thanks for clearing that up, Jim..it's good to see you understand what Chad's doing as well..

I will have a review of the cells shortly, but basically they are looking good. Consistent numbers out of the batch, which is a nice change. Already looking like they are going to be more reliable in the long run.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Jack.. I know how you want to spin this. Your guys won, and I congratulated them accordingly. Out of all the factors involved at Trackside, the cells were probably the least important. I think we both know what I had in the box. But instead of posting numbers on some of your team guys packs and stirring this further which benefits no one, the correct move is to do what me and Mr. Reedy used to 10 years ago. You congratulate your competitor, they say thanks, and you move on. Continued digs both ways will only end up with hard feelings, and absolutely no relationships between trinity,x-ray,jaco, smc.
Let's stop it before it gets there. Anything else you want to say, call me.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Phillips
These Energ-G cells are re-badged EP4200 (not EP4600) out of Hong Kong..done by a HGK broker

They are not killer cells, they are off-brand low voltage 4200 cells that EP
has dumped

Jim I have been following this thread and I have both types of cells ep4600 and energ 4600, my opinion is that you guys where out of line with your original comments, and now that the ener-g cells are known to be competitive cells you are backing off. Trinity is not well represented by the comments. You wouldn't have to put an end to it if you guys didn't start the bashing in the first place.

If you want to keep good relations with everyone then why go after ib cells in the first place, so you are the only distributer. I could only imagine the junk you guys would be hyping up if the table were reversed. Jack and Danny are both good business people, they are only defending thierselves after you (trinity) attacked them. And I commend them for going out and finding a great cell that they can still beat your pricing on.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I like to pedal. Backwards.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

Wow... Rc industry leaders bashing or whatever on RC's leading forum,,

I didn't know we are all still in high school... i don't know the story nor care to much.. as long as the companies still sell @ a affordable price and have good performance my customers will be happy.

Danny sent you a e-mail... I can't wait to try the new cells out!
Old 01-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Exclamation

with all this this cell is "this" and that cell it "this" think of it from a club level driver like myself and many others who will never get a PRO pack ..bottom line we never even get to run em
Old 01-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Desolas
What Dieter is saying is that he agrees with us and Chad's complete ignorant attitude has no place in the industry, he's just going to alienate and run people out with his attitude..
Chad is not like you.....
Old 01-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigemike
Jim I have been following this thread and I have both types of cells ep4600 and energ 4600, my opinion is that you guys where out of line with your original comments, and now that the ener-g cells are known to be competitive cells you are backing off. Trinity is not well represented by the comments. You wouldn't have to put an end to it if you guys didn't start the bashing in the first place.

If you want to keep good relations with everyone then why go after ib cells in the first place, so you are the only distributer. I could only imagine the junk you guys would be hyping up if the table were reversed. Jack and Danny are both good business people, they are only defending thierselves after you (trinity) attacked them. And I commend them for going out and finding a great cell that they can still beat your pricing on.
i agree
so how much are ib cells now anyways
i dont know cuz we cant get them anymore
Old 01-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Congratulations on winning on the first outing.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

CW...Quality of cells is alot better than when I started racing in the early 80's. Back then it was impossible to compete unless you were on a team, now you can buy packs that are more than enough to compete. By all manufacturers. I was one of the team guys feeling guilty that my friends that ran close to me at home had no chance at the big races. In the last few years...we have more than we can use.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigemike

In Trinity's defense, exclusives go both ways. While Trinity may have sought out an exclusive with IB, there is no way to know whether or not IB sought out an exclusive with Trinity.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well, there is something we CAN agree on. The difference between the race cells and the packs we sell is so insignificant, you would never notice a difference on the track. We don't see the "killer date codes" of old that could give you a huge advantage.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

First off, I just wanted to say CONGRATS to all the winners at the Novak. Everyone worked very hard and in the end it really could not have gone any better. The cells ran awesome for everyone and I know both Mike and I could not believe how good the cells were. I ran some of my IB's from Cleveland in practice and while it is not a totally fair as the cells were older but the new packs did have a ton of rip. I did even motor down in Mod as I simply had too much and the car would just light up the tires at will.

Some can write it off that it was all these other factors but winners used Jaco and Parma tires.... Used Corally, Xray and hand made cars (mine)... In the end, the same cell was used by all so I think it does speak volumes that the cell is a solid performer the first time out!!
Old 01-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Some of the posts on this thread are goofy. The Ener-G cells certainly seem like good batteries. The EPs and latest IBs also seem like they are good batteries as well. For now, no one battery cell is dominating the market and with any luck no one cell will end up dominating it for a long time to come. That's what got us in the situation with the bad IBs in the first place. When all the problems starting popping up, if racers had a choice in which battery they could run and still win races, many of them might have attempted to use another cell... but there weren't any choices at the time, and thats why so many people bought cells they winded up being unhappy with.

Also, I can't help but to remind everyone who doesn't seem to remember... Racers win races. Batteries sure do play a huge part, but in reality they are only a small part of the total picture.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.