R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #316
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I tonight just assembled 1 of my personal Snowbirds Ener-G packs I had put aside.. These packs were matched 12/21/07. All cells were stored with 1500 maih charge. Upon assembly toinght I put each cell on my Much More discharger to check voltage before assembly process. All cells were 1.23+ sitting voltage. Thats really good to see..

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:21 PM   #317
Tech Regular

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny/SMC View Post
It seems like our desperate competitor had sent an email to its employees/drivers saying to get online and discredit our new cell. It seems that Chad and Dieter decided to respond by posting what they did and now they look ridiculous as the EnerG cells are doing real well and feedback is great.
i can't belive a great company like trinity would do such a thing! lol

keep kicking azz danny!
MOTHER FOCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #318
Tech Fanatic

Blackstock and Cyrul are qualified 1&2 in mod and 10.5. I talked to both guys and they couldn't say enough good things about the cells. Mike said that while they checked out great, they ran stronger than anything he has ever seen. I'm sure he will confirm this himself. I think Brad is TQ with these in 13.5 too. I don't know what Josh Hohenstein is running. Maybe someone can comment who is at the race.
All in all, we are really thrilled with the results from the drivers and the response from our customers.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:59 PM   #319
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rimer View Post
Blackstock and Cyrul are qualified 1&2 in mod and 10.5. I talked to both guys and they couldn't say enough good things about the cells. Mike said that while they checked out great, they ran stronger than anything he has ever seen. I'm sure he will confirm this himself. I think Brad is TQ with these in 13.5 too. I don't know what Josh Hohenstein is running. Maybe someone can comment who is at the race.
All in all, we are really thrilled with the results from the drivers and the response from our customers.
Josh H. runs for Brad @ Hurricane so he is probably running them as well.
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:22 PM   #320
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

I knew that the race was all brushless but I didn't know that they were allowing "stick packs" also. JK. I'll finally get to run mine tomorrow.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:43 PM   #321
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny/SMC View Post
It seems like our desperate competitor had sent an email to its employees/drivers saying to get online and discredit our new cell. It seems that Chad and Dieter decided to respond by posting what they did and now they look ridiculous as the EnerG cells are doing real well and feedback is great.
........if they had the cells that were the "bomb" (whoops ) out there, they wouldn't have to go online and try to smear their competition.............ERNIE is nervous, and with Lipo coming about.......go DAWN....................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:53 PM   #322
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Phillips View Post
These Energ-G cells are re-badged EP4200 (not EP4600) out of Hong Kong..done by a HGK broker

They are not killer cells, they are off-brand low voltage 4200 cells that EP
has dumped

..............POST THE PROOF
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:13 PM   #323
Tech Adept

Default Hey

Hey guys, hoping I could get some help here. As I posted earlier I just got my hands on some ep 4600 cells. First pack went great, I soft charge at 4v for 10 min, then discharge at 20. After a short rest I gave a full charge at my standard rate. Second pack didnt go that well, I charged for 10 min and 1 minute into the discharge I had a cell start venting. I set it in a cold spot for an hour. Tried to discharge again at 20 and 30 seconds into it again the same cell started venting. Now I've heard a bunch of different things about these cells. One rumor being that venting is normal with these cells. I'm sorry but I just can't get past the thought that if something starts spitting at you, it's not bad. Is it safe to say that the cell is bad? Also, I set that pack on a battery doctor just to see if anything had life. All the other cells seemed ok but that cell died in a few seconds.

Thanks all
Roadburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:53 PM   #324
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadburn View Post
Hey guys, hoping I could get some help here. As I posted earlier I just got my hands on some ep 4600 cells. First pack went great, I soft charge at 4v for 10 min, then discharge at 20. After a short rest I gave a full charge at my standard rate. Second pack didnt go that well, I charged for 10 min and 1 minute into the discharge I had a cell start venting. I set it in a cold spot for an hour. Tried to discharge again at 20 and 30 seconds into it again the same cell started venting. Now I've heard a bunch of different things about these cells. One rumor being that venting is normal with these cells. I'm sorry but I just can't get past the thought that if something starts spitting at you, it's not bad. Is it safe to say that the cell is bad? Also, I set that pack on a battery doctor just to see if anything had life. All the other cells seemed ok but that cell died in a few seconds.

Thanks all
You are right about that EP4600 cell.

Contact the matcher and receive an RMA number...I did.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:27 AM   #325
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemike View Post
.2oz or 5grams per 4cell pack , it is minimal
im glad you think its minimal
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:31 AM   #326
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Back to back runs of IB4200 vs Ener-G4600. Racing Stock Sedan last night, I alternated IB and Ener-g packs every run.

1st run IB4200 - starting laptimes 12.2's, ended with 12.5's
2nd run EG4600 - started 12.2's, ended 12.4's
3rd run IB4200 - started 12.0's, ended 12.4's (setup change on this run)
4th run EG4600 - started 12.0's, ended 12.2's

Even though the voltage of my Ener-G packs was a little lower, they ran just as strong up front as the IB's, but were noticeably stronger at the end of the run. Here are the numbers on the packs I ran...

IB4200
runtime 430
voltage 1.245
IR 1.6

Ener-G4600
runtime 450
voltage 1.237
IR 1.4

Last edited by BBSpence; 01-06-2008 at 07:46 AM.
BBSpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:45 AM   #327
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys!!

Need help here! Got my Ener-G cells from pro match (btw, never had such a nicely built pack), never ran/charhed them yet and I wont be able to for next 2 months!!!:eek:

The cells were MOD(Made On Day?) 12/10/07 and I think promatch put 1500mah in them before shipping

Now, what should I do? Leave them until I use them in almost 2 months or charge them at 4amps (like said on the instructions) at 50% of capacity: 2300mah??

Any help would be great, please! I'll be leaving home and want to come back knowing my cells wont be bad

THANKS!!!
Kyosho MP777 RB S7
Kyosho Mad Force (needs work) and Minium cessna
Jammin CRT.5 SH .12 turbo engine
Traxxas S-Maxx
Yokomo World SD replica (500 items only)
Schumacher Rascal (needs new tank)
Losi Micro-t
CEN Nemesis (needs radio)
....perhaps a little addicted??
Loverc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:30 AM   #328
Tech Regular

love sell them asap..........in 2 months we might see tweaking of the cells we use now...and 2 months is way too long for cells to sit around. let someone use them now.buy new packs when you can race.
MOTHER FOCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:39 AM   #329
Tech Apprentice

REally!?

But sometimes hobby shops get cells and dont sell them before a while!?

This a Brand new never run pack; and I'll probably be able tu use them in 1 month

2 months is in the worse case, wont have them to sell them anyway, leaving home tomorow for business
Kyosho MP777 RB S7
Kyosho Mad Force (needs work) and Minium cessna
Jammin CRT.5 SH .12 turbo engine
Traxxas S-Maxx
Yokomo World SD replica (500 items only)
Schumacher Rascal (needs new tank)
Losi Micro-t
CEN Nemesis (needs radio)
....perhaps a little addicted??
Loverc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:04 AM   #330
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I would run a cycle on pack as per your matchers directions. Then store with full charge for that amount of time. Cells will be fine. Cells will remain same for awhile with ROAR doing final exception next week with cells.....

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote