R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-16-2007, 07:39 PM   #136
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

wow,just popped a bag of popcorn, is it over allready?
Kings Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 07:45 PM   #137
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Wow! All this innuendo...I'm like freakin' lost here boys!?!

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:03 PM   #138
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Phillips View Post
These Energ-G cells are re-badged EP4200 (not EP4600) out of Hong Kong..done by a HGK broker

They are not killer cells, they are off-brand low voltage 4200 cells that EP
has dumped

When the cells hit the market, I suppose we will see whose credibility is intact.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:04 PM   #139
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtDieter View Post
I've tested most cells in the last month since coming back home to trinity. And there are several re packaged cells out there, but the major players are always going to put their own name on what they consider the best cell. We may even bring in some of these discussed cells in for sport packs, but they will have the original shrink on them.
Ditto.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:10 PM   #140
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Wow.. go racing for the weekend and miss all of the drama! If anyone cares how the packs are actually running on the track….We sent the new packs to the BRL Oval Race “Back East” and some to the Snowbirds Oval Warm-up race “Cali” this weekend. Team Driver Frank Ulbrik took TQ and the WIN at the BRL race and Erik Steenhoven took the WIN in Mod at the SB warm-up race. Not bad for the first weekend on the new cells.

On the same note Congrats to Sean Cochran and Associated for a great Win in 10.5 and TQ in Mod at the Warm-up race. I heard he was running the new Reedy IBs. Both Sean and Erik shattered their old track record by almost 2 laps with both the NEW IB and New Ener-G packs!

Team Associated - Reedy - LRP - SRS - BC1 - CH
KMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:13 PM   #141
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance72RC

I guess if they get them legalized in time for the carpet nats in march. Like they are trying to do. We'll get to see exactly which cells are top dog.
Lance72RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:14 PM   #142
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMR View Post
Wow.. go racing for the weekend and miss all of the drama! If anyone cares how the packs are actually running on the track….We sent the new packs to the BRL Oval Race “Back East” and some to the Snowbirds Oval Warm-up race “Cali” this weekend. Team Driver Frank Ulbrik took TQ and the WIN at the BRL race and Erik Steenhoven took the WIN in Mod at the SB warm-up race. Not bad for the first weekend on the new cells.

On the same note Congrats to Sean Cochran and Associated for a great Win in 10.5 and TQ in Mod at the Warm-up race. I heard he was running the new Reedy IBs. Both Sean and Erik shattered their old track record by almost 2 laps with both the NEW IB and New Ener-G packs!
When are you guys gonna get some more in stock?
Old 12-16-2007, 09:19 PM   #143
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie View Post
When are you guys gonna get some more in stock?
Im 99.9% sure there are packs for sale. Im not sure if they had time on Friday to update the web site. Call Erika at the shop tomorrow!

Also- They will be ROAR approved Jan-1

Old 12-16-2007, 09:23 PM   #144
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMR View Post

Keoni,
Thanks for the update. Good results for what a desperate companies employees call a sport pack cell. The things you can hear sometimes makes you wonder if some actually think before they post.

We have been busy matching up the EnerG cells and they will ship out to distributors this week.
Danny/SMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:16 PM   #145
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I am amazed at how any company - RC related or not - can make comments like what we are seeing. Even if these are/were rebadged EP's - the way this is being handled is 100% absolute childs play. If you want to take your ball and go home - DO IT!! - but I think the immature and unbacked accusations shine an unfavorable light on yourselves in my eyes.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:23 PM   #146
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Keoni......

If all the specifications are met... they have to go through the approval process just like every other battery.

The Technical Director and I are watching for this particular cell as I type this..... Refer to the ROAR website under approvals to see what must happen just like this was the fall cycle or the spring cycle....

See ya Friday?
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:40 PM   #147
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Dawn must be referring to the rule below. Looks like the next battery submittals done BY April 1 get approved BY May 1 (a window of 30 days)which is still well after the Carpet Nats.

8.3.6 Battery approvals will be processed on a bi-yearly basis. All proposed cells must be received by the ROAR Technical Director by the 1st of September for approval by October 1st or received by April 1st for approval by May 1st. The final decisions on approvals will be communicated to the manufacturer/distributor or assembler and posted on the ROAR website listing when approved.

Deems da rules!

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:40 PM   #148
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
Keoni......

If all the specifications are met... they have to go through the approval process just like every other battery.

The Technical Director and I are watching for this particular cell as I type this..... Refer to the ROAR website under approvals to see what must happen just like this was the fall cycle or the spring cycle....

See ya Friday?

Dawn,

Sorry! I apologize I guess I was misinformed last week about the approval. I will have Jeff ,Danny and Jack hash this one out with ROAR.

Keoni

Old 12-16-2007, 10:47 PM   #149
CDW
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to CDW

The new Ener-g cell really looks awesome..... I cant wait to see how they perform on the track.
CDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:07 AM   #150

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
So the Trinity guys are now badmouthing other cells since they landed the exclusive rights to IB? Am I misinterpreting this?
No, now that Trinity has IB and EP both cells are exactly the same and rock just as hard as one another. They intend for us to disregard what Chad had said in the past as those comments are now obsolete now that Trinity has a deal with IB...it just comes down to your choice of color in shrink wrap, do you want the blue cell or the red cell?
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote