R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-01-2007, 05:00 AM   #16
Tech Initiate

Thanks. I have joined the TA-05 club! Few hours ago i bought one with ARTA NSX body. It cost $130. Around the same cost as the Cyclone S @ my LHS. I do not know of any challenges in the assembly of this kit. I face some problem with my gas-powered TC, especially in installing the belts. My local track is rather small & there are few tight cornerings. I do not wanna spent too much on the hop-ups. What are the essential hop-up items? Center one way set, front one way unit or what? Any tips on the assembly & suggestions on hop-ups'll be greatly appreciated.
Kiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 09:35 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier... if you haven't opened up the kit you bought... I'd go with the TA05-R.

It already has all the hopups you'd need.

Haven't EVER broken anything on it yet x 3 months racing x 2 times a week... roughly 4 runs per day = approx 96 runs
tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:19 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Still the TA05-R doesn't come with a front or center one-way but it is an outstanding kit.

I just purchased a TA05-IFS and added the spring set, stabilizer, steering bearings and the reinforced N parts. Also I changed the spur to a standard 48p so I can use all my pinions and not have to buy all metric. The tires I'm using are Take-Off CS27 on prepped concrete.

I got the plain kit to race GT-3 in the TCS series so the kit needs to be all Tamiya parts. So all I have to change back are the tires.

So far the only part that broke was one steering upright (knuckle) that stripped the lower screw out when I hit a corner tube a wee bit too fast and hard.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:01 AM   #19
Tech Initiate

The stock 22T pinion gear is good for up to ??T motor? Is it suitable for 19T motor? If not, what pinion gear should i be getting? Is chassis modification neccessary when a stock TA-05 is powered with a 7T motor? Hope that my question doesn't sound silly. Any one out there who has used Nosram & LRP ESC? At the same time i am also looking at Yokomo & Venom Fireball motor. please tell me your experience with them;pros & cons. I have always been playing with gas powered touring car. I do not have experience with electric powered car. TA-05 is my first EP car. Please guide me by avoiding EP car jargon
Old 12-12-2007, 08:01 AM   #20
Tech Initiate

The stock 22T pinion gear is good for up to ??T motor? Is it suitable for 19T motor? If not, what pinion gear should i be getting? Is chassis modification neccessary when a stock TA-05 is powered with a 7T motor? Hope that my question doesn't sound silly. Any one out there who has used Nosram & LRP ESC? At the same time i am also looking at Yokomo & Venom Fireball motor. please tell me your experience with them;pros & cons. I have always been playing with gas powered touring car. I do not have experience with electric powered car. TA-05 is my first EP car. Please guide me by avoiding EP car jargon
Old 12-12-2007, 08:17 AM   #21
Tech Champion

The stock pinion is good for the 540 motor that comes with the kit, I would suggest getting some 48dp pinions and spur gears.

You will be using a much smaller pinion gear for a modified motor. For example, my gear ratio is a 72t spur gear and a 24t pinion, but I use a 27t motor which is a lot slower.

The final drive ratio (spur gear,divided by the pinion gear x the internal gearbox ratio of 2.25) is a useful formula to learn how to gear motors to, as its commonly used for racing. But seeing as I dont race modified im not much help to you there

Hope the rest helps though

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote