R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2007, 11:06 AM   #1
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Exclamation LRP 10.5---Why Not??

I've been thinking about picking up a 10.5 to run in 10.5 class or even mix with 19T class and really like the 13.5. Problem is LRP doesn't make one. Why would they build 4 or 5 mod motors and only one stock class motor and skip the 10.5 class? This makes no sence...

I personally dont care for the Novak BL, have not heard good things on the Orion's so far, and the Tekin's just due out are not proven in the BL class yet IMO (plus they are uncensored).
Is there a chance that in the near future plans, LRP has a Vector series 10.5 coming??
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
I've been thinking about picking up a 10.5 to run in 10.5 class or even mix with 19T class and really like the 13.5. Problem is LRP doesn't make one. Why would they build 4 or 5 mod motors and only one stock class motor and skip the 10.5 class? This makes no sence...

I personally dont care for the Novak BL, have not heard good things on the Orion's so far, and the Tekin's just due out are not proven in the BL class yet IMO (plus they are uncensored).
Is there a chance that in the near future plans, LRP has a Vector series 10.5 coming??
LRP will have a 10.5 ready before the end of the year.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:20 AM   #3
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
LRP will have a 10.5 ready before the end of the year.

Sweet!!

Why have I seen nothing on this??...not because I haven't looked. Is this the same series as the Vector X11 with std. bonded rotor and optional sintered rotor? I hope it shares the same rotor...as I just happen to have a backup sintered rotor.

Any links on this new 10.5 would be appreciated if anyone has come across them.
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:29 AM   #4
Tech Elite
 
K_Spec_RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Powder Springs, Ga
Posts: 2,734
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to K_Spec_RC
Default

Quote:
LRP50360 ERASER Sport Brushless Motor, 10.5T 1 $95.99 LRP
They are releasing a 10.5 under the "Eraser" name. CLICK HERE for more info.
__________________
HighVelocityRacing.com | TurtleTraxRaceway.com | itFitzDesign.wordpress.com | Misfitz Motorsports | Jconcepts | KO Propo | Tekin | Kyosho RB5 SP | Kyosho Ultima SC
K_Spec_RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:33 AM   #5
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
Sweet!!

Why have I seen nothing on this??...not because I haven't looked. Is this the same series as the Vector X11 with std. bonded rotor and optional sintered rotor? I hope it shares the same rotor...as I just happen to have a backup sintered rotor.

Any links on this new 10.5 would be appreciated if anyone has come across them.
LRPs 10.5 will come with a sintered rotor.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:50 AM   #6
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC View Post
They are releasing a 10.5 under the "Eraser" name. CLICK HERE for more info.
Hmmmm...I hope not. That is a "sport series" which usually means basher series .

I see they also list a Vector 10.5 on This page. Looks like they have several new BL releases due out soon.
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---

Last edited by Verndog; 11-24-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:21 PM   #7
Tech Adept
 
zapmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 218
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

i had bad luck with lrp bl motors this summer, couldnt keep them cool no matter how i geared, one was an older neo 3star, and the other was a vector. Last winter i had 2 novaks that were crap also right out of the pack. but it seems like the last 3 novaks ive run with the sintered rotors are good, i duno. just my 2 cents
zapmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 01:39 PM   #8
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,524
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

there will be some BL options hitting the shores soon, this is why i've been selling my current BL off. talk to me at the track or check out the speed passion thread, JB ran one last night in practice, he loved it. but it was overgeared and he ran it to long so it let out some magic smoke. kinda partly my fault i suggested the same gearing as a novak, and didn't pay attention to how long he had been running it without checking temps.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:52 PM   #9
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapmike View Post
i had bad luck with lrp bl motors this summer, couldnt keep them cool no matter how i geared, one was an older neo 3star, and the other was a vector....
I had similar issues with the stock bonded rotor. Switched to the sintered rotor, and that dropped temps a good 10 degs. Now I come off the track at 150-160 degs. max on an 8 minute race, and can keep pace with any 13.5 BL there, currently at 5.02 ratio.

Richie...I'll check with you on the new hardware coming...be there again Friday...possibly this Sunday for some post Hawks practice.
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:27 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net