Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IB4600

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

For us in Europe, it could depend on how big they are...........

If i've understood it correctly, new cells need to be back under the ISO cell dimensions (43x23) with no + tollerences.

Not sure where current cells sit - as i think they are generally bigger than this spec, so have IB taken this into account or not, i suspect not!
Old 11-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i think that unless sub c sells become more reliable lipo could get more of a choke hold on the industry, not nesscarily a bad thing. but to be honest i wouldnt mind running sub c again, lipo look ugly with 200grams hanging off them. lol im willing to sacrafice voltage if i know the pack will last
Old 11-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MattW
For us in Europe, it could depend on how big they are...........

If i've understood it correctly, new cells need to be back under the ISO cell dimensions (43x23) with no + tollerences.

Not sure where current cells sit - as i think they are generally bigger than this spec, so have IB taken this into account or not, i suspect not!
That's correct. I've been told that all the current cells are bigger than 44mm except the Team Orion 4200SHO (42.4mm).

Greetings Victor
Old 11-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Regional Moderator

Hopefully this time IB doesn't stand for "I'll Blow up" if you look at them wrong.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

So what is it going to be: lipo or IB4600. I think it will be the IB4600. With the new rules of 4 cell in Japan and 5 cell in Europe lipo's will not be allowed for racing.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wingman2
Guys, are these really 'new' cells? I have 5 packs of IB4200's that all accept at least 4850mah when being charged. If IB have got their formula's correct and can now guarantee at least 4600mah out of their 4200 cells, why not label them as 4600's! Only a thought!!
Depending on the charger some people manage to get their charger to 5000mAh in a pack. Loads of that energy is lost as heat when charging.

Put the pack on a reliable discharger and you might be lucky and get 4200-4300 out of them.

Cells will always take in more than the sticker amount for the reasons above, I wouldn't be surprised if some people manage to get their chargers to say well over 5000mAh with the new 4600's

You'll NEVER get out what you put in, simple laws of physics.

Skiddins
Old 11-20-2007, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry, double post
Old 11-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
we've all been told that with each successive "running change" that intellect has brought over the last two years. unfortunately, every single time it was grossly inaccurate. it's growing tiresome. ah, we'll just cross our fingers again. "oh by the way, we have new 4600's ready to ship! don't miss out!"

the hype. the lost cells. the excuses. it's all so old.
Seeball your point is well taken. I do agree that each time the IB cells have been re-released they were touted as better cells than their predecessors. I think that most racers are entirely sick of the unreliability of IB cells, but still recognize that were the most powerful cells ever to come to the world of R/C cars. With that said, I really think that IB has to get this one right. If they release this cell and its junk, their reputation is going to be further tarnished in the R/C world and I think it will be hard for them to recover for a while from that... There are just too many good choices right now. Personally I expect to see good stuff from them this time around. As far as voltage/runtime/ir is concerned, I expect them to be along the lines of the current generation EP cells, maybe a little bit better with the best cells coming in somewhere in mid 1.24 range... But we'll see.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Wonder if Homeland Security and FAA will ban these from air travel?!
Old 11-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, more explosive power per bang for your money:

http://redrc.net/

Let's see how stupid we get with these cells.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Victor A
That's correct. I've been told that all the current cells are bigger than 44mm except the Team Orion 4200SHO (42.4mm).

Greetings Victor
IS that the new DEAD SHORTING DIGITAL CALIPERS??

I love the pos-neg measurement with dead short included
Old 11-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghuber
Its shaping up to be such a nice battle in the world of R/C batteries. EP4600, IB4600, E-Power 4500, and perhaps even a sprinkle of the new Orion cells. Wohoo! Looks like all of these cells will have comparable runtime/voltage/IR. Wonder how the market will shape up?? One thing seems somewhat certain at this point though -- One brand will not dominate the market like IB has for the past two years.
Don't forget about Grepow (http://www.speedzoneusa.com/batteries/cells.htm#Grepow)

I bought a pack of these cells and they perform really well. Apparently quite a few manufacturers rebrand them in europe, i wonder why they haven't caught on over here in the states?
Old 11-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
IS that the new DEAD SHORTING DIGITAL CALIPERS??

I love the pos-neg measurement with dead short included
Yea i was sorta wondering this myself when i saw the pic...i was like....isnt he shorting the cell.

new cells? cool....lets see how fast they spread throughout the racing clubs
Old 11-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Sounds like these won't be available for hunting season here. I needed some new amo and thought these were the ticket for me to finally land that trophy buck I seem to miss every year.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by Kraig
Sounds like these won't be available for hunting season here. I needed some new amo and thought these were the ticket for me to finally land that trophy buck I seem to miss every year.
And starting in Janurary ROAR moves to the new 4 shell limit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.