Search

need a starting car

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default need a starting car

i was looking to buy a rc race car
i was deciding between nitro or electric
i was looking at nitro cars that go over 70mph but i would perfer electric that goes that fast but i cant find one

can you perfer a electric car i should buy that is fast and what upgrade parts i should buy so i can reach 75 +mph like motors, battery
also tell me were on the web i can buy this
Old 11-18-2007, 12:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Many people are tempted by speed, but there's more to RC cars than just how fast it goes.

Where are you going to use the car - off-road or on-road, track or public area?
Have you owned an RC car before?
Do you want to race or bash?

As a relatively inexperienced RC driver (5 years of bashing, 6 months club racing), there's no way I'd feel confident running at 70mph. I run 27T touring cars on carpet, and brushless 2wd off-road. Maybe 30mph indoor, 45mph outdoor. This is plenty fast enough for serious racing.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by musgt01
i was looking to buy a rc race car
i was deciding between nitro or electric
i was looking at nitro cars that go over 70mph but i would perfer electric that goes that fast but i cant find one

can you perfer a electric car i should buy that is fast and what upgrade parts i should buy so i can reach 75 +mph like motors, battery
also tell me were on the web i can buy this
The fastest rc cars are electric (the record is 134mph by an electric car). You could get an electric car to hit around 75mph but the only problem is, can you drive an rc car that fast?.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drewdc90
The fastest rc cars are electric (the record is 134mph by an electric car). You could get an electric car to hit around 75mph but the only problem is, can you drive an rc car that fast?.
yeah i have trouble keeping my firestorm away from the kerb if i drive it on the road at 40mph. at 70mph things go wrong very quickly
Old 11-18-2007, 04:41 AM
Tech Regular

i would sugest getting a roller and getting a mamba max system with a lipo

because you can change settings so even if you try full throtal it will only go thirty but if you want, later on with more experiance you can make it go faster and faster
Old 11-18-2007, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

buy what your people use at your track.

If you buy an electric buggy and your track runs gas then you will have few people you can get assistance from, or trade parts etc.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Rookie

can anyone tell me a good electric on road car to buy that can go fast right out of the box and what engine (brand and model) i should up grade to

Can anyone please give me a good setup ( list the brand,model)

( dont worry about my budget)
*a good start up car
* suspension
*electronics
*a very fast motor
Old 11-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Tech Rookie

can someone help me i want to buy my car and all my upgrades ASAp
Old 11-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Tech Rookie

can someone help me i want to buy my car and all my upgrades ASAp
Old 11-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default b

Get a RTR TC4, throw a Mamba Max 7700 system in it and it will go fast, If you want to go faster get better batteries.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Rookie

any other suggestions on car model and what kind of motor should i get(no budget
Old 11-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trdsupra88
Get a RTR TC4, throw a Mamba Max 7700 system in it and it will go fast, If you want to go faster get better batteries.
that's your best bet to go fast
Old 11-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Tech Rookie

i was looking and i saw a tc5
which is better tc4 or tc5

what kind of motoer brand upgrade do i get
Old 11-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I run a TC5 with the LRP Sphere TC 2007 ESC with a Novak 13.5 brushless motor, Ko Propo low profile servo, and some old 4200 and 3800 batteries. I have the car setup for racing in the Touring "stock" class. I am not necessarily the fastest driver at the track... but thats because I still have a lot to learn when it comes to driving. But I cant say enough about how well the car performs. Tons of punch, lightning fast turning, and a great smooth feel overall. So for a new racer, I would highly suggest a TC5.

However, if you are just bashing around... an RTR TC4 is just fine. a 17T motor should be quick enough out of the box for you. Also, there is the XXX-S Brushless RTR from team Losi. Just keep in mind that the faster you go, the more stress it puts on the car. Therefore you will have to do more maintenance to keep the car running at 100%.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
I run a TC5 with the LRP Sphere TC 2007 ESC with a Novak 13.5 brushless motor, Ko Propo low profile servo, and some old 4200 and 3800 batteries. I have the car setup for racing in the Touring "stock" class. I am not necessarily the fastest driver at the track... but thats because I still have a lot to learn when it comes to driving. But I cant say enough about how well the car performs. Tons of punch, lightning fast turning, and a great smooth feel overall. So for a new racer, I would highly suggest a TC5.

However, if you are just bashing around... an RTR TC4 is just fine. a 17T motor should be quick enough out of the box for you. Also, there is the XXX-S Brushless RTR from team Losi. Just keep in mind that the faster you go, the more stress it puts on the car. Therefore you will have to do more maintenance to keep the car running at 100%.
Hi this is all what it is about: learning to drive. MUSGT if you want to go fast go dragracing: fast with no corners otherwise first learn to drive with a slower motor (first stock class) and HOW TO SETUP YOUR CAR! It is not building a car, put it on the ground and let's racing.
The TC5 is a newer car using the latest technology, however the tc4 has a shaftdrive which requires less maintenance than the belt driven TC5.

Last word: the faster you want to go the more money it costs ie better motor, better batteries, tyre wear etc

Last edited by MrUnlimited; 11-20-2007 at 01:11 AM.