R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-01-2003, 01:47 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Default XrayT1 Racer

Hi,
I was just wanting to get some feedback on the Xray T1R (Racer) Kit.
If you have one let me know what you think of it and how does it compare to your other cars

Steevo
Steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 09:08 PM   #2
Tech Adept

I am a future owner of a T1R, so I can't give you any feedback...yet. But, you might get better results in the "Xray T1" forum. I have received a lot of help from there on the Raycer.

Oh...I notice you own an EVO2. Well, still, the original T1 forum will probably be more helpful. I'm still a rookie-I need to work on my advice

Last edited by aviaar; 06-01-2003 at 09:27 PM.
aviaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 12:00 AM   #3
Tech Regular

I had been a T1R owner for a while. Did not finished putting it together yet, been running my EVO 2.

I have to say this, I saw this car ran in the Expert Mod Class at "SpeedWorld Cup this weekend. The driver of the car was Andrew Swanson, he finished 3rd in the Triple A main. The car was pretty sweet on the track, the car was pretty much stock out of the box, except the Alu Shock bodies, and the Evo 2 bulk head was in it.
milf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 09:05 AM   #4
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default T1r's first race day out.

I ran my t1r for the first time yesterday and must say its by far the nicest"Budget" car out.In all seriousness,the car is fast and very agile,and carries tremendous speed in the corners that it made it easy to drive.Or at least tha was the impression it left with me yesterday.Its worth every penny in my eyes.2 things worth getting is the rear roll center bar and the 1.77 pulley set.
There is no excuse why you were beat out of the whole from a shaft car anymore.The car accelerates as well as any Tc3,Evo3,MR4tc-sd.I turned more then a few heads yesterday,especially since the race announcer was teasing me for running the so called budget car.Noones laughing now after the a-main yesterday.Milf saw the cars real potential.Get one,you wont regret it.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 05:05 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

I agree totally,
I have had my T1R kit for a few weeks now and absolutely love the car. I was going to pay similar money for another TA04R Raybrig NSX Kit but I am so glad I didn't.
While I will always like tamiya cars and I think that their quality and fit are excellent the Xray stands out for using better quality materials in their kits over the tamiya's.

If you compare the quality of the materials used in the Xray kit to the Tamiya then you will see the difference.
The only downside to the Xray Kit was a slight let down in the finish of the Alloy bulkheads. Mine were slightly tarnished and were fairly scratched for some strange reason..

Other than that I would say the T1R is one of the best value for money kits around. It out performs my TA04R as well which is a bonus

I would like to see some Inserts and a set of tyres thrown in though...

Steevo
Steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 10:32 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Johnnytc3

I heard something about the chassis easily tweaking? Is this true? If not then i plan on getting one.
thanks
johnny
Johnnytc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 10:44 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Xray warns that you should not leave the chassis in a hot car.
Headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 11:22 PM   #8
Suspended

Default Thats true of all composite plastic chassis

Not a good idea.I really would not worry about the chassis,because if for some reason it does tweak,they are fair inexpensive to replace.Other then the losi chassis,i wouldnt recommend letting anything plastic sit in a hot car.Your asking for it.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:50 AM   #9
Tech Regular

Default Re: T1r's first race day out.

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
I ran my t1r for the first time yesterday and must say its by far the nicest"Budget" car out.In all seriousness,the car is fast and very agile,and carries tremendous speed in the corners that it made it easy to drive.Or at least tha was the impression it left with me yesterday.Its worth every penny in my eyes.2 things worth getting is the rear roll center bar and the 1.77 pulley set.
There is no excuse why you were beat out of the whole from a shaft car anymore.The car accelerates as well as any Tc3,Evo3,MR4tc-sd.I turned more then a few heads yesterday,especially since the race announcer was teasing me for running the so called budget car.Noones laughing now after the a-main yesterday.Milf saw the cars real potential.Get one,you wont regret it.
Hey Racenut123- How's it going? I'm actually waiting for my 1.77 pulley set now, I had taken the car apart cause I'm gonna put those pulley set in, then I'm gonna race it. You're car did look pretty good out there on Saturday. BTW did they help me pick up the 2 big condensers?
Old 06-24-2003, 12:58 PM   #10
Suspended

Default Got them today.....

Will either leave them with GaryO or I will bring them by tonight...your gonna be at rctech correct?
Old 06-25-2003, 04:54 AM   #11
Tech Regular

Default Re: Got them today.....

Quote:
Will either leave them with GaryO or I will bring them by tonight...your gonna be at rctech correct?
Thanks for stopping by, well I hope you get it before Friday so I could put it in for Friday's race , and I'll call you on Thursday, but you're gonna race in Gilroy Friday? Right!
Old 06-25-2003, 07:50 AM   #12
Suspended

Default Hey Milf!

Thanks for letting me run your car last night.Again very smooth,but got to thinking on a tight short track,try a front diff.Otherwise the car was really good.Plus the fact I can't drive worth crap anymore .
Old 06-25-2003, 09:48 AM   #13

i much does this car run for $ ????
SuCioDiFiciL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:57 AM   #14
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

You can pick it up for around $219 to $225.
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 10:22 AM   #15
Tech Regular

Default Re: Hey Milf!

Quote:
Thanks for letting me run your car last night.Again very smooth,but got to thinking on a tight short track,try a front diff.Otherwise the car was really good.Plus the fact I can't drive worth crap anymore .
No problem "Racenut123" But I'm being lazy, cause I like carpet to much, with the oneway. No, you're better then me, I'm the one that can't drive