R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-10-2003, 03:43 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Default Speedchair ? question

Hey Speedchair,
how did you solve the front shock towers with the body-posts?
I've bought the graphite SSG (silver) shock towers for my TA04PRO, and the front body posts don't fit as they should on the original place. the widht is smaller, so i have to adjust the angle to get through the body
i you have it right, could you show a pic ? thx
octavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 03:58 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX
Default Forget the TAO4

Forget the TAO4 just get the 414M2 you can also get it in SSG version as a kit but there preety rare. Adjustability is more than the 04 and its like a damn tank. Dont worry about the weight because most clubs have weight restrictions anyway too much hassle putting lead weight on the car.
FUK_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 05:16 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Default Are we forgetting something?

Uh guys and gals, has anyone thought about the TA04 TRF? I've got one of these babies, plus i've had the ta04 r in the past, i have to say that the TRF is pretty impressive and so far as euqlly as adjustable as the 414 series. Just my 2 cents
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 08:00 AM   #19
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to cHckbOY5

how much do the trf 04 go for?
cHckbOY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 10:47 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Around $280
Intelligentsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 05:05 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

I'm from Australia, so out at the Hobbystore I work at you can get one for $629 AUD but i've seen ones in Hong Kong, where I got mine, for $404 AUD so there is a bit of a difference, the Importers in Australia make big profits unfortunately :S
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 08:57 PM   #22
Tech Master

Default Re: Forget the TAO4

Quote:
Originally posted by FUK_WRX
Forget the TAO4 just get the 414M2 you can also get it in SSG version as a kit but there preety rare. Adjustability is more than the 04 and its like a damn tank. Dont worry about the weight because most clubs have weight restrictions anyway too much hassle putting lead weight on the car.
M2 SSG version??? come as a kit?? or do you mean you need to buy the SSG chassis set seperately?... never know there is a M2 SSG kit...
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 09:08 PM   #23
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX
Default Re: Re: Forget the TAO4

Quote:
Originally posted by TRF-Powered
M2 SSG version??? come as a kit?? or do you mean you need to buy the SSG chassis set seperately?... never know there is a M2 SSG kit...
Yes there is but i think its for the japanes market only it comes with the lite weight gearboxes and new blue flouring shocks. I saw it in Japan when i was there couple of months ago. Was going to buy but i already had a M2 with the SSG chassis only i dont have does lite weight gearboxes too expensive
Old 07-10-2003, 09:27 PM   #24
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Forget the TAO4

Quote:
Originally posted by FUK_WRX
Yes there is but i think its for the japanes market only it comes with the lite weight gearboxes and new blue flouring shocks. I saw it in Japan when i was there couple of months ago. Was going to buy but i already had a M2 with the SSG chassis only i dont have does lite weight gearboxes too expensive
I just checked Tamiya japan's website, and couldn't find the SSG version kit that you are talking about.

I never saw it on ebay either. Or on Japan's hobby store's website. (Rainbowten.co.jp, rajiten.co.jp, or even ISHII MOKEI)

I'm not picking on your post or calling you a liar... I collect 414 series car. I just don't want to miss any release of any 414 cars.

I keep up with tamiya product closely, after all... i'm a die-hard Tamiya fan...
Old 07-10-2003, 09:34 PM   #25
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Forget the TAO4

Quote:
I just checked Tamiya japan's website, and couldn't find the SSG version kit that you are talking about.

I never saw it on ebay either. Or on Japan's hobby store's website. (Rainbowten.co.jp, rajiten.co.jp, or even ISHII MOKEI)

I'm not picking on your post or calling you a liar... I collect 414 series car. I just don't want to miss any release of any 414 cars.

I keep up with tamiya product closely, after all... i'm a die-hard Tamiya fan...

I understand, thats what i saw when i go back there ill let you know i saw it in RC CHAMP big damn hobby store its like kmart or something only full of RC stuff, my folks live over there near that place. The box was all white with a blue stripe saying its SSG
Old 07-10-2003, 09:39 PM   #26
Tech Master

IC... Well, I guess it's very limited quantity, RC champ didn't advertise it on thier monthly flyer thing either... Man... hard to track all the releases... if there isn't any info about it on the net...

Living in Japan sure is nice...
Old 07-10-2003, 09:46 PM   #27
Tech Master

Quote:
IC... Well, I guess it's very limited quantity, RC champ didn't advertise it on thier monthly flyer thing either... Man... hard to track all the releases... if there isn't any info about it on the net...

Living in Japan sure is nice...
To be honest with you since your a die hard tamiya fan, im getting confused soooooo confused sorry for this mate ill try to send my someone over there but im preety sure it was a kit... well it was sitting on top of the box. Hey im becoming i die hard tamiya fan also i hated them before because my TAO2 kept screwing me up with that bitchty motor mount. The TA03 didnt make me feel any better also but man the 414 and the TB rocks
Old 07-10-2003, 09:49 PM   #28
Tech Addict

I just got The Surikarn car today!!

I was also under the impression that Tamiya had made a 414 in SSG. I thought that Tamiya had one on display at the Tamiya track nearby. Maybe it was a TA04 but I thought that it was the 414.
Intelligentsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 09:54 PM   #29
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Speedchair ? question

Quote:
Originally posted by octavio
Hey Speedchair,
how did you solve the front shock towers with the body-posts?
I've bought the graphite SSG (silver) shock towers for my TA04PRO, and the front body posts don't fit as they should on the original place. the widht is smaller, so i have to adjust the angle to get through the body
i you have it right, could you show a pic ? thx

Your supposed to use the TAO4 Racing Body Mount Set with that, which will relocate the front body monts on the front bumper like the TRF414M2.

With this version you can use the original front body mounts. You have to use both peices to do so.

With the SSG damper stay you have to use the TA04 Racing Body Mount Set # 53426 which will relocate the body mounts to the front bumper.

Tamiya Racing Body Mount TA04 # 53426
Fully Hopped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 09:58 PM   #30
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Has the 414 family been discontinued??

Have heard from several good sources who all say they haven't received any new stock of 414 kits and parts for many months now, since about xmas 2002.
WC is offline   Reply With Quote