Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Which Foam Tires i should use? (TC4+5000KV+4sLipo) >

Which Foam Tires i should use? (TC4+5000KV+4sLipo)

Which Foam Tires i should use? (TC4+5000KV+4sLipo)

Old 10-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Exclamation Which Foam Tires i should use? (TC4+5000KV+4sLipo)

Hi Everyone,
I have started a project of building fastest EP car in my town 3 months back, for this project i have chosen TC4 kit with 5000KV Brushless motor and 4s lipo battery. i have tried to drive the car few times to see how fast its, but i faced a problem that i can drive only upto 1/2 throttle otherwise its not controlable and starts rolling. i feel the issue is from the tires, i am using JACO foam tires but to be honest i am not familiar with the color codes of the foam tires and maybe i am using the wrong color code(double pink for all wheels). Can someone guide me in how to select the right tires for my car? just for info i am driving my car on asphalt only. Moreover the car is equipped with standard differential in front and rear, do i need to use the one-way diff in front for high speed run.
Thanks
Swaaf
Old 10-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by swaaf
I have started a project of building fastest EP car in my town 3 months back. i have tried to drive the car few times to see how fast its, but i faced a problem that i can drive only upto 1/2 throttle otherwise its not controlable and starts rolling.
definitely get the right tires on there, then everything should be just fine. i would go with the 'coral' compound from parma. definitely.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
definitely get the right tires on there, then everything should be just fine. i would go with the 'coral' compound from parma. definitely.
definitely.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up Thanks Gents

Thanks Gents for the quick response
After reading about the Parma Coral it looks the right tires for the setup i have. i am gonna buy it and will update you all with the results.
Thanks alot again
Swaaf
Old 10-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Default swaaf

I would still try the Jacos. They have two more compounds you can fine tune with.. Looks like you’re currently running the Double Pinks, you could try the Jaco Magentas JAC6132 or for even more GRIP you could try the JAC6130 PINK's