R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-15-2007, 10:13 PM   #46
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdoctor View Post
Run a Novak 3.5 or Mamba7700 on 9 cells.... you won't ever call brushless slow anymore.
Thanks man!
I will try that set up.I dont really want to call brushless slow but I know its not as fast as brushed motors or Nitro.
RC10Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:16 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

sorry, I forgot to put the link...

http://fastestrc.blogspot.com/2007/0...-drag-car.html

Actually nitro can't touch brushless
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:03 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC10Tim View Post
Yea I Love the Idea of low maintenance thats why I am asking about it.BUT!! I am not talking about standard brushed set ups like you are..I can make a custom brushed set up more powereful than any brushless set up.
My question is what it the most powerful brushless set up running 6-9 cells.

So what? Who cares if you can make a brushed motor go faster than a brushless? Hmm? When it's lifespan is incredibly short, the slight power advantage you get becomes pointless and turns into a big waste of money.

Listen to glassdoctor, mamba 7700 or Novak 3.5 on the cells you have, geared properly, you wont regret it. Little maintenance for tons of power and a LONG lifespan. What more can someone ask for?
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:47 AM   #49
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to kwik-kid

the mamba max 7700kv set up can only take 2 cell lipo so unless your talkin about ni-cad or ni-mh your RONG lol
Old 11-16-2007, 08:53 AM   #50
Tech Regular

the land speed record stands at 134.4 mph with a brushless setup, a guy on another site is building a 200 mph car using brushless so i think you right nitro is alot faster
Old 11-16-2007, 11:48 AM   #51
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwik-kid View Post
the land speed record stands at 134.4 mph with a brushless setup, a guy on another site is building a 200 mph car using brushless so i think you right nitro is alot faster
That may be partially true but at the same time Nitros depend a ton more on gearing and multiple-speed transmissions (which require a huge strip of land to drive down) to reach max speed. The guy said he wants to bash around with his son...nitro isnt fit for bashing as well as electric is (maintenance and cleanup being the issue) whereas brushless will provide an awesome amount of power on 6 cell packs and be worry-free about any tuning (like nitro), cleanup, and maintenance. Get a really low turn or high KV brushless system and you'll be fine, rc10tim.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:39 PM   #52
Tech Regular

i was being sarcastic about nitro being quicker, it all depends on his price range and type, for example m-tronics make a pro and truck versions for there esc
Old 11-16-2007, 09:51 PM   #53
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syber Serulean View Post
That may be partially true but at the same time Nitros depend a ton more on gearing and multiple-speed transmissions (which require a huge strip of land to drive down) to reach max speed. The guy said he wants to bash around with his son...nitro isnt fit for bashing as well as electric is (maintenance and cleanup being the issue) whereas brushless will provide an awesome amount of power on 6 cell packs and be worry-free about any tuning (like nitro), cleanup, and maintenance. Get a really low turn or high KV brushless system and you'll be fine, rc10tim.
Thanks alot for the recomendation!! So a low turn rotor will give you alot of power on a smaller amout of cells?

134.4MPH is the fastest?Thats faster than I ever hit when i used to do speed runs with brushed motors.1:10 scale But the problem was when it went 100- 125 or so,the air would pick it up and it would flip over.Brushed motor set ups can make more than enough power to do 134.4.but the power train isn`t really the issue.(but ofcourse i smoked alot of arms)Tires and wind/air ect.But thats a whole other topic.

I laugh at people whom say Nitro or they say Gas powered is faster than Electric.Just a stupid Myth.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:55 AM   #54
Tech Elite

nah the rotor is a rotor. Take a rotor from a 13.5 and it'll work the same as a rotor from a 3.5 (same brand though). Its the turns and windings since all that is inside the can now (not the armature). THe lower it is, the more power it puts out. Also, you get much better runtime due to increased efficiency so thats always nice (especially for bashing).
Old 11-17-2007, 03:16 AM   #55
Tech Regular

whats the highest rpm brushless motor for a size 540 or higher?

by highest rpm i mean after you times the rpm/v by the maximum volts

i no theres the neu motors but i cant find were to buy them
Old 11-17-2007, 09:22 PM   #56
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syber Serulean View Post
nah the rotor is a rotor. Take a rotor from a 13.5 and it'll work the same as a rotor from a 3.5 (same brand though). Its the turns and windings since all that is inside the can now (not the armature). THe lower it is, the more power it puts out. Also, you get much better runtime due to increased efficiency so thats always nice (especially for bashing).
So the rotor is the shaft where the pinion goes and it has the magnets on the shaft instead of the can...right?
All the turns and windings are on the can.The opposite of a brushed motor....
Old 11-17-2007, 09:48 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC10Tim View Post
So the rotor is the shaft where the pinion goes and it has the magnets on the shaft instead of the can...right?
All the turns and windings are on the can.The opposite of a brushed motor....
exactly. No contact, no wear.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:45 AM   #58
Tech Apprentice

Default Brushless burn out!!

Quote:
Run a Novak 3.5 or Mamba7700 on 9 cells.... you won't ever call brushless slow anymore.
Run 9 cells?...For the Mamba7700 you can only use 6-8 cells and Novak 3.5 on a max of 6 cells accordining to the Manufactuers` specs....wouldn`t that burn something out? and what would burn out first the speed control or the motor?

Thanks,TIM
Old 01-04-2008, 01:06 AM   #59
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I was thinking that the fastest Mamba set-up would be the 5700 with 3S lipo. The speed control handles 3S but the 7700 motor would over spin and possibly blow up.

The Tekin R1 pro can handle 3S and the redline motor line includes a 278 2.5 turn 7800kv as well as a 2.5 turn 9000kv motor that when used with 2S will out spin the 5700 at 3S. Even better!
jeffb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:21 AM   #60
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
what say you now?
107 mph is faster than 105 mph just not as quick of a run.Maybe a traction issue