R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2007, 09:09 PM   #16
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick View Post
Nothing I've ever driven has more torque or rpm than a novak gtb/3.5 setup with 6 cells.
Would it have more torque and rpm on 9 cells per weight of the extra 3 cells?
RC10Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:10 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by $rusty$ View Post
This thread is stupid.
It might just be you.
RC10Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:14 PM   #18
Tech Addict
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 552
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

This thread reminds me of an Ebay ad for a T2'007 I read not 10 minutes ago.

This is the seller's description:
This is almost completed roller most parts are brand new. To be completed just needs, 2 axles, turnbuckles, a few possible small parts but mostly new and the things that are used are in excellent condition. Also included is a set of jaco foams pink/orange double pink tires in great condition and a parma mohawk body used for practice. If you need any more pictures of anything I can take high res pics and send them asap. Trades considered for 2 orion 4800 lipos or adam drake 2 roller nitro stadium truck. May also consider a real decked out losi micro-t. Thanks for lookin have any questions or picture requests I can take care of the situation.

This car gos roughly 98.23mph with 18 cell lipo and mamba 7700kv, these items are not included in this auction.

I love how it says roughly 98.23mph. I'd really like to know exactly how fast it is down to the 1/1000 of a second.
The 18 cell lipo is also impressive.
__________________
I'm not a grown man playing with toys. I'm a hobbyist.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:39 PM   #19
Tech Elite
 
Syber Serulean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Riverside
Posts: 3,656
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean
Default

find the lowest turn (like a Novak 3.5r or similar) brushless system and pair it with

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-19-8v-Li-ion...QQcmdZViewItem

or if thats too many volts for the GTB than use this:

http://www.a123racing.com/racingpacks/hs3s1p.html

(despite the title of the ebay link, its li-ion nanosphate, not lipo).

That should give you plenty power, being a 30c raiting and a nice and high voltage rating to boot.
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:09 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
This thread reminds me of an Ebay ad for a T2'007 I read not 10 minutes ago.

This is the seller's description:
This is almost completed roller most parts are brand new. To be completed just needs, 2 axles, turnbuckles, a few possible small parts but mostly new and the things that are used are in excellent condition. Also included is a set of jaco foams pink/orange double pink tires in great condition and a parma mohawk body used for practice. If you need any more pictures of anything I can take high res pics and send them asap. Trades considered for 2 orion 4800 lipos or adam drake 2 roller nitro stadium truck. May also consider a real decked out losi micro-t. Thanks for lookin have any questions or picture requests I can take care of the situation.

This car gos roughly 98.23mph with 18 cell lipo and mamba 7700kv, these items are not included in this auction.

I love how it says roughly 98.23mph. I'd really like to know exactly how fast it is down to the 1/1000 of a second.
The 18 cell lipo is also impressive.
18 cells?That would be too heavy and not very impresive.I can make a 90mph car using a brushed stock motor 27 turn with only 14 cells.
RC10Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:17 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 84
Default

Brushless is sounding pretty cheesy
RC10Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:22 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic
 
Drewdc90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sunshine Coast Australia
Posts: 828
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC10Tim View Post
What has the most torque and RPMs using any given battery?Seems like No One knows.
Brushed motors have more power thats for sure.Just cant find a brushless system that can beat dragracing comps using them.
There isn't going to be a motor that will have the most RPM and torque for any given battery. It depends on how many cells you are going to run. The fastest motor you can use with 6 cells nimh / 2 cell lipo would be an LRP, Novak or GM system as they are designed to run 6 cells (any more than 6 and you'll blow the rotor). If your going to run 4 cell Lipo maybe a quark or hacker motor and speedie.
And brushed motors don't have more power, most of the rc speed records were set with brushless. You need to give us more info
__________________
-Xray--Nosram--Orion--Trak Power--Duratrax--Spektrum--Futaba-

Sunshine Coast QLD AUSTRALIA

"If you stand still long enough you'll go backwards"
Drewdc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:31 PM   #23
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 84
Default

Thanks for the input!Brushed motors are running 107mph in 1.57 in the 1/4 not sure what the brushless are running but I`m sure not as fast.They might also be breaking the 101mph deadline.Not sure.

Ultimatley,I would love to have a set up where I can run some good times and not have to rebuild the motor every run.
RC10Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:36 PM   #24
Tech Elite
 
trdsupra88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southwest
Posts: 2,531
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trdsupra88
Default b

Mine
__________________
I cut my own hair ☆
trdsupra88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:37 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic
 
Drewdc90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sunshine Coast Australia
Posts: 828
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Again we need more info (how many cells and what type of car). The quickest rc car was Nic Case's converted nitro TC3, it had a hacker brushless motor in it and it hit 134.4 mph (apparently it hit over 160 mph but it wasn't properly recorded). The quickest rc boat was also brushless.
__________________
-Xray--Nosram--Orion--Trak Power--Duratrax--Spektrum--Futaba-

Sunshine Coast QLD AUSTRALIA

"If you stand still long enough you'll go backwards"
Drewdc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:51 PM   #26
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdc90 View Post
Again we need more info (how many cells and what type of car). The quickest rc car was Nic Case's converted nitro TC3, it had a hacker brushless motor in it and it hit 134.4 mph (apparently it hit over 160 mph but it wasn't properly recorded). The quickest rc boat was also brushless.
Thats not hard to believe since it is a TC3 to hit 134mph.but it took a long time/distance to get up to that speed.So that it is by say the fastest by not the quickest per say.132 feet was what I was refering to when I mentioned the fact 107mph 1.57 sec. thats the fastest RC car and it is a brushed electric motor powered. not nitro or brushless electric.Sorry for the confusion.
RC10Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:42 PM   #27
Tech Elite
 
Syber Serulean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Riverside
Posts: 3,656
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syber Serulean View Post
find the lowest turn (like a Novak 3.5r or similar) brushless system and pair it with

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-19-8v-Li-ion...QQcmdZViewItem

or if thats too many volts for the GTB than use this:

http://www.a123racing.com/racingpacks/hs3s1p.html

(despite the title of the ebay link, its li-ion nanosphate, not lipo).

That should give you plenty power, being a 30c raiting and a nice and high voltage rating to boot.


Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:18 AM   #28
Tech Fanatic
 
Drewdc90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sunshine Coast Australia
Posts: 828
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC10Tim View Post
Thats not hard to believe since it is a TC3 to hit 134mph.but it took a long time/distance to get up to that speed.So that it is by say the fastest by not the quickest per say.132 feet was what I was refering to when I mentioned the fact 107mph 1.57 sec. thats the fastest RC car and it is a brushed electric motor powered. not nitro or brushless electric.Sorry for the confusion.
I still think a setup like the TC3 had would be quicker than a brushed setup if you set it up for what you are after.
__________________
-Xray--Nosram--Orion--Trak Power--Duratrax--Spektrum--Futaba-

Sunshine Coast QLD AUSTRALIA

"If you stand still long enough you'll go backwards"
Drewdc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:35 AM   #29
Tech Elite
 
MrUnlimited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,465
Default

Get a Mamba Max 7700. Fast and easy to setup: plug the usb-cable into the esc and you pc, start the software ( you can download the latest version from the Castle Creations website)and you'll able to setup the esc for your own needs (timining, reverse, brake, starting power, etc)
__________________
U5 Formulaboat 1/8 hydroplane - MHZ138 AQUAMANIA - Axial Exo Terra - Tamiya Avante - LC Racing EMB1 - Atomic AMZ 4WD Touring car
MrUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:55 AM   #30
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

He is obviously looking for something for RC dragracing, so not sure how we are going to be able to help him since I know I have no back ground in this. I think he needs to find a drag racing forum and ask those guys.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)And racing one of them again!!
22 3.0SR
22T 2.0 w/ Exotech chassis
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
best or fastest 10.5 brushless rdur Electric Off-Road 0 07-20-2008 11:10 AM
whats the fastest brushless combo available 1/10scale??? yellowpasta2000 Radio and Electronics 1 05-16-2008 04:20 AM
best fastest brushless and speed control playboy Electric Off-Road 12 11-25-2007 03:06 PM
Predictions for this years fastest speeds at the Worlds Fastest RC car contest b4maz Electric On-Road 16 07-27-2007 02:03 PM
Fastest Novak Brushless System? Chris G Electric Off-Road 18 12-15-2005 03:03 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:37 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net