R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-14-2007, 09:09 PM   #16
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick View Post
Nothing I've ever driven has more torque or rpm than a novak gtb/3.5 setup with 6 cells.
Would it have more torque and rpm on 9 cells per weight of the extra 3 cells?
RC10Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:10 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by $rusty$ View Post
This thread is stupid.
It might just be you.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:14 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This thread reminds me of an Ebay ad for a T2'007 I read not 10 minutes ago.

This is the seller's description:
This is almost completed roller most parts are brand new. To be completed just needs, 2 axles, turnbuckles, a few possible small parts but mostly new and the things that are used are in excellent condition. Also included is a set of jaco foams pink/orange double pink tires in great condition and a parma mohawk body used for practice. If you need any more pictures of anything I can take high res pics and send them asap. Trades considered for 2 orion 4800 lipos or adam drake 2 roller nitro stadium truck. May also consider a real decked out losi micro-t. Thanks for lookin have any questions or picture requests I can take care of the situation.

This car gos roughly 98.23mph with 18 cell lipo and mamba 7700kv, these items are not included in this auction.

I love how it says roughly 98.23mph. I'd really like to know exactly how fast it is down to the 1/1000 of a second.
The 18 cell lipo is also impressive.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:39 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

find the lowest turn (like a Novak 3.5r or similar) brushless system and pair it with

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-19-8v-Li-ion...QQcmdZViewItem

or if thats too many volts for the GTB than use this:

http://www.a123racing.com/racingpacks/hs3s1p.html

(despite the title of the ebay link, its li-ion nanosphate, not lipo).

That should give you plenty power, being a 30c raiting and a nice and high voltage rating to boot.
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:09 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
This thread reminds me of an Ebay ad for a T2'007 I read not 10 minutes ago.

This is the seller's description:
This is almost completed roller most parts are brand new. To be completed just needs, 2 axles, turnbuckles, a few possible small parts but mostly new and the things that are used are in excellent condition. Also included is a set of jaco foams pink/orange double pink tires in great condition and a parma mohawk body used for practice. If you need any more pictures of anything I can take high res pics and send them asap. Trades considered for 2 orion 4800 lipos or adam drake 2 roller nitro stadium truck. May also consider a real decked out losi micro-t. Thanks for lookin have any questions or picture requests I can take care of the situation.

This car gos roughly 98.23mph with 18 cell lipo and mamba 7700kv, these items are not included in this auction.

I love how it says roughly 98.23mph. I'd really like to know exactly how fast it is down to the 1/1000 of a second.
The 18 cell lipo is also impressive.
18 cells?That would be too heavy and not very impresive.I can make a 90mph car using a brushed stock motor 27 turn with only 14 cells.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:17 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Brushless is sounding pretty cheesy
Old 11-14-2007, 10:22 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC10Tim View Post
What has the most torque and RPMs using any given battery?Seems like No One knows.
Brushed motors have more power thats for sure.Just cant find a brushless system that can beat dragracing comps using them.
There isn't going to be a motor that will have the most RPM and torque for any given battery. It depends on how many cells you are going to run. The fastest motor you can use with 6 cells nimh / 2 cell lipo would be an LRP, Novak or GM system as they are designed to run 6 cells (any more than 6 and you'll blow the rotor). If your going to run 4 cell Lipo maybe a quark or hacker motor and speedie.
And brushed motors don't have more power, most of the rc speed records were set with brushless. You need to give us more info

Sunshine Coast QLD AUSTRALIA

"If you stand still long enough you'll go backwards"
Drewdc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:31 PM   #23
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the input!Brushed motors are running 107mph in 1.57 in the 1/4 not sure what the brushless are running but I`m sure not as fast.They might also be breaking the 101mph deadline.Not sure.

Ultimatley,I would love to have a set up where I can run some good times and not have to rebuild the motor every run.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:36 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trdsupra88
Default b

Mine
Old 11-14-2007, 10:37 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Again we need more info (how many cells and what type of car). The quickest rc car was Nic Case's converted nitro TC3, it had a hacker brushless motor in it and it hit 134.4 mph (apparently it hit over 160 mph but it wasn't properly recorded). The quickest rc boat was also brushless.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:51 PM   #26
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdc90 View Post
Again we need more info (how many cells and what type of car). The quickest rc car was Nic Case's converted nitro TC3, it had a hacker brushless motor in it and it hit 134.4 mph (apparently it hit over 160 mph but it wasn't properly recorded). The quickest rc boat was also brushless.
Thats not hard to believe since it is a TC3 to hit 134mph.but it took a long time/distance to get up to that speed.So that it is by say the fastest by not the quickest per say.132 feet was what I was refering to when I mentioned the fact 107mph 1.57 sec. thats the fastest RC car and it is a brushed electric motor powered. not nitro or brushless electric.Sorry for the confusion.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:42 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syber Serulean View Post
find the lowest turn (like a Novak 3.5r or similar) brushless system and pair it with

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-19-8v-Li-ion...QQcmdZViewItem

or if thats too many volts for the GTB than use this:

http://www.a123racing.com/racingpacks/hs3s1p.html

(despite the title of the ebay link, its li-ion nanosphate, not lipo).

That should give you plenty power, being a 30c raiting and a nice and high voltage rating to boot.

Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:18 AM   #28
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC10Tim View Post
Thats not hard to believe since it is a TC3 to hit 134mph.but it took a long time/distance to get up to that speed.So that it is by say the fastest by not the quickest per say.132 feet was what I was refering to when I mentioned the fact 107mph 1.57 sec. thats the fastest RC car and it is a brushed electric motor powered. not nitro or brushless electric.Sorry for the confusion.
I still think a setup like the TC3 had would be quicker than a brushed setup if you set it up for what you are after.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:35 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Get a Mamba Max 7700. Fast and easy to setup: plug the usb-cable into the esc and you pc, start the software ( you can download the latest version from the Castle Creations website)and you'll able to setup the esc for your own needs (timining, reverse, brake, starting power, etc)
Old 11-15-2007, 06:55 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

He is obviously looking for something for RC dragracing, so not sure how we are going to be able to help him since I know I have no back ground in this. I think he needs to find a drag racing forum and ask those guys.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote