R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-04-2008, 08:03 AM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That's a sweet looking car. 1/12 has always been my favorite class. I just wish there was somewhere around here to run them...
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:24 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post
Out of the box, what's the biggest difference in feel? I love how the car is completely different from the current standard. I'm casually shopping for a 12th scale and want to be open minded to this design. I'm far from being a savy 12th racer. Would this be difficult to adjust to?
Personally, I've never been a link car kinda guy. But I wanted to try a car with more centralized weight distribution. To me the car feels twitchier at speed (on the first few packs while getting used to it), but is good in chicanes where you need a quick Left-right-left, or whatever it would happen to be. That twitch-ness was not an indication of the car, but more of my initial setup. It's getting smoother now as I make little changes, and I'm starting to like it. You can't run 5-6 packs through a car and make it perfect for your style. I'll have this thing smooth as a gravy sandwich in a week or so. Any car is good in stock. Let's bolt in WAY to much horsepower and see how it reacts. And I like the way it is reacting.

Some of that initial nervousness could also be a migration from an M11 transmitter to the dx3r. I turned up the wheel tension and that helped (me). Smoothed the car.

I'm not as consistent with it yet as I am a typical T-bar car, but I can turn similar fast laps with a 5.5 in it. I like it enough I'm going to run it at a few big events we have before the ROAR nationals. See what I can sort out. It's just fun to drive something different and see if you can make it suit you.

Every driver has a sweet spot for a setup, and it's truly different for everybody. A car my son drives that is loose for him is either pushy or right on the money for me.

I was giving Damon a bad time about his wiring job... One of the reasons I wanted to try one was to see if the wiring could be done a bit cleaner and more "tidy". There are a few guys on these forums, "pro-wirer" guys. I'd like to see them put a serious install on one of these.

Bottom line, initial reaction, I like it.

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 02-04-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer View Post
If you scroll up, a week ago, I said I should get around to trying one of these... On that note.

Here's a little love for the Diggity thread.

Look at that wiring! I'm taking notes right now...

which servo is that Bob?

Damon
Old 02-04-2008, 03:55 PM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey View Post
is the esc wired up with 18g wire?
Hey Joey: 16 gauge is most common in 1/12th racing, thinner wire is easier to route and work with. 18 guage will work fine as well...

Damon
Old 02-04-2008, 06:07 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggity View Post
Look at that wiring! I'm taking notes right now... which servo is that Bob?

Damon
KO 949

Old 02-04-2008, 06:47 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

What keeps the batteries from knocking the servo off that car? Does the top deck sandwich them into the slots hard enough to keep them from moving? Stuff happens ya know.

Also, if I were to run this car, would general input from other racers apply to this car? The car is so different with the batteries in the center, if I needed help, I'm nervous the typical "12th scale theory" wouldn't work.

Our track is dominated by 2 other name brand rides, I'd love to buck the system and go different. I haven't put a lot of time in 12th scale and want to make sure I'm not totally in the weeds if I need help.

Thanks for being in depth with my other questions.

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Quote:
What keeps the batteries from knocking the servo off that car? Does the top deck sandwich them into the slots hard enough to keep them from moving? Stuff happens ya know.

Also, if I were to run this car, would general input from other racers apply to this car? The car is so different with the batteries in the center, if I needed help, I'm nervous the typical "12th scale theory" wouldn't work.

Our track is dominated by 2 other name brand rides, I'd love to buck the system and go different. I haven't put a lot of time in 12th scale and want to make sure I'm not totally in the weeds if I need help.

Because I'm surfing this thread, I'll answer a few questions, best I can.

Deck holds pack.

Other general ideas on setup are the same.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #38
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Doodad

Quote:

I've run every version of the 3D since the beginning and never had a prob w/ batts ejecting. Took some pretty hard whacks, too.
Doodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:40 PM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Anyone else have any feedback on running this car? Has anyone run the old style AE front end with this car?

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:37 AM   #40
Tech Addict

Has anyone put on the CRC pro strut front end? How does it feel compared to stock?
FOXY923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:55 PM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXY923 View Post
Has anyone put on the CRC pro strut front end? How does it feel compared to stock?
Yes, we have been testing these last couple weeks with the CRC pro strut front end. The results are a smoother feeling steering and the pro strut front end is way more adjustable for ride height etc! So far we like it better and the 3Do8 kits will now be sold with the CRC pro strut front end..

Damon
Old 02-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #42
Tech Addict

Looks like I just found my Birthday present...a new front end, sweet.
FOXY923 is offline   Reply With Quote