Wiki Posts
Search

Lipo balancer .

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 07:34 AM
Tech Addict

Default Lipo balancer .

Hi ,

I would like to start LIPO/6.5 but i dont know anything on lipo , what is a balancer , i do have a lipo charger and balancer but the plug is different , the balance plug i have is quite big and what i had one lipo batt wich had a big conection for the balancer , but i dont see this big plug on any lipo batts like SMC or orion or LRP , i only see the positive , negatif plug and a tiny hole wich i guess is the balancer but i dont have this , what would you guys recomend ?
Thanks
Old 01-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

any help please
Old 01-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You could look at Maxamps.com or Flightpowerusa.com There is some good info on LiPo's and balancers that might help you.
You may find your plugs there as well.
Hope that helps you
Old 01-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Why don't you post what make of charger/balancer/LIPO you have. Then maybe you will get some help.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Hi, I do have Lipo charger which is Ripmax Prodigy 2 and it dont have balancer. As I know all the Lipo battery do have 2 tick cable where is "+" and "-" on dean plug and 3 thin cable on another set of connector. If I charge 4amp on 4000mAh Lipo with this charger I only connect on the dean plug and this method consider not balance, am I right?

My question is, anyone here can recommand me which external Lipo balancer suite for my battery capacity. Looking 2-3 cells Lipo balancer. Any do it need work together with my current charger? Or work saparately. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

You are correct, at present you are not balance charging. Lots of experienced people will tell you that you do not have to balance charge.

If you really want an external balancer I found this site:
http://www.gravesrc.com/category_s/586.htm

by just Googling 'external LIPO balancer'.

I cannot recommend them as I have never used them but they seem to sell what you want.
I would also ask your local hobby shop.