R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-12-2007, 12:26 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice
 
MonkeyNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Poole, UK
Posts: 90
Default Orion Element Laydown?

Hi All,
Has anyone tried the Orion Element laydown brush type motor (19t) and what is it like compared to the rest of the market

Cheers,

Liam
__________________
Tamiya FF03 Pro ~ Tamiya M06 Pro ~ Tamiya M05L JCW Coupe
MonkeyNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:31 PM   #2
Tech Elite
 
Glowster21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,493
Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyNuts View Post
Hi All,
Has anyone tried the Orion Element laydown brush type motor (19t) and what is it like compared to the rest of the market

Cheers,

Liam
Excellent motor. Seems to run better the hotter it gets. It seems a tick faster than the Komodo, but not quite as smooth. I roll mine out usually about a tooth or 2 higher than a KD. Medium length semi technical carpet track I roll out at around 27.4mm. Q brushes on the motors are great and last a few more runs than a KD will.
Glowster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:36 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice
 
MonkeyNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Poole, UK
Posts: 90
Default

Ok, Cheers i will go and buy one now!!

Liam
__________________
Tamiya FF03 Pro ~ Tamiya M06 Pro ~ Tamiya M05L JCW Coupe
MonkeyNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:39 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
Glowster21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,493
Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyNuts View Post
Ok, Cheers i will go and buy one now!!

Liam
Stock up on some "q" brushes. If you're looking to order from a tuner, try
www.teamfullthrottle.net . Bill does a great job with these motors, has agreat price, has q brushes in stock for a great price, and ill ship overseas if needed. PM me if you would like any additional info on the motors or setups. I'd be happy to help.
Joe
Glowster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #5
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

We have been using that motor in Florida for years...its awesome and one of the few they can surveive a season in our heat.

We run Trinity XXX silber brushes in them with really stiff Orion Black springs. The brushed will last 15-20 runs. Just cut the comm every 2 runs and brush off the brush face with a fiberglass comm stick. They are sick fast in sedans gears around 5.8-6.0 FDR.
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowster21 View Post
Stock up on some "q" brushes. If you're looking to order from a tuner, try
www.teamfullthrottle.net . Bill does a great job with these motors, has agreat price, has q brushes in stock for a great price, and ill ship overseas if needed. PM me if you would like any additional info on the motors or setups. I'd be happy to help.
Joe
I tried the 19t this weekend and it was a bit faster than the KD I like this motor the only problem I have is on my last run the main the motor burn out and I have been on the internet all day to find a armuture and no one carry it, do you know if fullthrottle have the armuture? I went to there site but didn't see it, let me know if you know where I can get one.

Thank you.
Mutabarucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:23 PM   #7
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,208
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

I would check with orion regarding a replacement arm.
Or Tower & Stormer (since they carry the product range).
Let me know once you find it cos Im looking for a replacement arm myself
__________________
YOKObori MOkei
wyl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:46 PM   #8
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,267
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to joey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
We have been using that motor in Florida for years...its awesome and one of the few they can surveive a season in our heat.

We run Trinity XXX silber brushes in them with really stiff Orion Black springs. The brushed will last 15-20 runs. Just cut the comm every 2 runs and brush off the brush face with a fiberglass comm stick. They are sick fast in sedans gears around 5.8-6.0 FDR.
would the same setup apply if im running it in 12th?
__________________
=Joe Wright=
joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:52 PM   #9
Tech Elite
 
Glowster21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,493
Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutabarucka View Post
I tried the 19t this weekend and it was a bit faster than the KD I like this motor the only problem I have is on my last run the main the motor burn out and I have been on the internet all day to find a armuture and no one carry it, do you know if fullthrottle have the armuture? I went to there site but didn't see it, let me know if you know where I can get one.

Thank you.
Sorry but he doesnt have just arms.....try stormer or tower.
Glowster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Orion V2 element motor oakesy2001uk Electric On-Road 16 04-28-2006 07:44 PM
would an orion element armature fit a orion core stock can? bionictony Electric On-Road 5 01-19-2006 10:32 AM
orion element ???'s Zac R Electric On-Road 12 12-18-2005 07:12 PM
Orion Element V2 19T micros_rock Electric On-Road 40 04-28-2005 09:15 PM
Orion 19T element Brian Miskolczi Electric Off-Road 4 02-17-2004 02:53 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:55 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net