R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Orion Element Laydown? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/190492-orion-element-laydown.html)

MonkeyNuts 11-12-2007 11:26 AM

Orion Element Laydown?

Hi All,
Has anyone tried the Orion Element laydown brush type motor (19t) and what is it like compared to the rest of the market

Cheers,

Liam

Glowster21 11-12-2007 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by MonkeyNuts (Post 3857784)
Hi All,
Has anyone tried the Orion Element laydown brush type motor (19t) and what is it like compared to the rest of the market

Cheers,

Liam

Excellent motor. Seems to run better the hotter it gets. It seems a tick faster than the Komodo, but not quite as smooth. I roll mine out usually about a tooth or 2 higher than a KD. Medium length semi technical carpet track I roll out at around 27.4mm. Q brushes on the motors are great and last a few more runs than a KD will.

MonkeyNuts 11-12-2007 11:36 AM

Ok, Cheers i will go and buy one now!!

Liam

Glowster21 11-12-2007 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by MonkeyNuts (Post 3857811)
Ok, Cheers i will go and buy one now!!

Liam

Stock up on some "q" brushes. If you're looking to order from a tuner, try
www.teamfullthrottle.net . Bill does a great job with these motors, has agreat price, has q brushes in stock for a great price, and ill ship overseas if needed. PM me if you would like any additional info on the motors or setups. I'd be happy to help.
Joe

AdrianM 11-12-2007 12:09 PM

We have been using that motor in Florida for years...its awesome and one of the few they can surveive a season in our heat.

We run Trinity XXX silber brushes in them with really stiff Orion Black springs. The brushed will last 15-20 runs. Just cut the comm every 2 runs and brush off the brush face with a fiberglass comm stick. They are sick fast in sedans gears around 5.8-6.0 FDR.

Mutabarucka 11-12-2007 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Glowster21 (Post 3857825)
Stock up on some "q" brushes. If you're looking to order from a tuner, try
www.teamfullthrottle.net . Bill does a great job with these motors, has agreat price, has q brushes in stock for a great price, and ill ship overseas if needed. PM me if you would like any additional info on the motors or setups. I'd be happy to help.
Joe

I tried the 19t this weekend and it was a bit faster than the KD I like this motor the only problem I have is on my last run the main the motor burn out and I have been on the internet all day to find a armuture and no one carry it, do you know if fullthrottle have the armuture? I went to there site but didn't see it, let me know if you know where I can get one.

Thank you.

wyl03 11-12-2007 02:23 PM

I would check with orion regarding a replacement arm.
Or Tower & Stormer (since they carry the product range).
Let me know once you find it ‘cos I’m looking for a replacement arm myself

joey 11-12-2007 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by AdrianM (Post 3857923)
We have been using that motor in Florida for years...its awesome and one of the few they can surveive a season in our heat.

We run Trinity XXX silber brushes in them with really stiff Orion Black springs. The brushed will last 15-20 runs. Just cut the comm every 2 runs and brush off the brush face with a fiberglass comm stick. They are sick fast in sedans gears around 5.8-6.0 FDR.

would the same setup apply if im running it in 12th?

Glowster21 11-12-2007 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mutabarucka (Post 3858009)
I tried the 19t this weekend and it was a bit faster than the KD I like this motor the only problem I have is on my last run the main the motor burn out and I have been on the internet all day to find a armuture and no one carry it, do you know if fullthrottle have the armuture? I went to there site but didn't see it, let me know if you know where I can get one.

Thank you.

Sorry but he doesnt have just arms.....try stormer or tower.