Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PTX transponders....

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Default PTX transponders....

hi all, I know that there is already a thread for MRT PTX transponders, but I wanted to let you know how good this unit is. Really small footprint, has 10 built in numbers and works perfectly with normal AMB systems. And to top it all, its about half the price of a regular AMB unit! Our club chairman is going to get a number of these to use as hand outs for club meetings after seeing mine in the my car. Awesome peice of kit!!! All the best, Chris.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Half the price? The current order form says $75US for a PTX vs about 85-90 for an AMB. I can't figure out why they aren't really half the price except another company that wants more monopoly profits.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Price on form for clone not regular transponder. UK company affect by US$/GBP exchange so hard to make real low price for US. Regular PTX (not cloned) lower price close to $60US. MRT PTX thread have new cheap versions coming (shrinkwrap?) with special offerprice deals annouced.

thread here http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ighlight=ambrc
Old 11-12-2007, 01:52 AM
Tech Initiate

and here says offer price

ptx
Old 11-12-2007, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Buying a PTX here in the UK works out to be half the price of a AMB transponder. Over here, I paid £36ish for the PTX whereas AMB units go for about £70-80. I don't know how much AMBs are in the states but if your paying $70 for a PTX, it works out to be about the same ($2=£1 at the moment). I only got the 'regular' PTX as it has 10 differant numbers built in and the chance that all those numbers are going to be in use in the same heat I am racing in, well thats not going to be a problem!
Old 11-12-2007, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

in the US amb's are about $90 brand new.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Strange that the AMB transponders would be so much more expensive in the UK then the US when it is a european company. Here the AMB runs about $90USD or $43GBP (not sure how to make the symbol). So it was confusing to us hearing the PTX would be half the price only to see that for is it is not.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

To be honest, the pricing of EVERYTHING is strange when it comes to the UK. For example, a Corally SP12X 1/12th chassis retails here for £299 ($600). This comes from Holland yet it sells in the US for around $250 (£125)! How does that work?! And how are Scumacher kits cheaper in the US when they are made here in the UK? makes no sense to me but you guys in the states are really in a better position when it comes to buying new gear, its MUCH cheaper!!
Old 11-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
in the US amb's are about $90 brand new.
Oh god no, a UK company not seeing the almighty dollar and makign everything cheap for them and ditching the home market. The dollar is so poor, it'd ben impossible to make any money at the prices you'd want