R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-20-2008, 02:35 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheimb4897 View Post
Tons of people are already talking about it, and using it. It does have the castle link for it. But Castle is waiting to update it so you can run brushed motors a little easier. But my question is, CAN THE MAMBA MAX AND SIDEWINDER RUN OTHER MANUFACTURER'S BRUSHLESS MOTORS? I want to run 13.5, but I don't think they have a 13.5 equivenlent yet. (sorry if I hacked that word. I can't think right now) Because if the Mamba Max can, then I don't see why this one wouldn't be able to as well. I need to run brushed and Brushless, so any help would be most appreciated.
Yes they run other mfg motors... but there can be a bit of initial startup cogging, at least with the MM. The Sidewinder should be better since it has new software and a fresh design. I would hope Castle would have it figured out this time around... and hopefully they will finally give us the new software for the MM we've been waiting for the past 15 months.
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:58 PM   #17
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdoctor View Post
Yes they run other mfg motors... but there can be a bit of initial startup cogging, at least with the MM. The Sidewinder should be better since it has new software and a fresh design. I would hope Castle would have it figured out this time around... and hopefully they will finally give us the new software for the MM we've been waiting for the past 15 months.
It is better than before but not perfect. More to come

I raced my production Sidewinder tonight in 2wd mod buggy with the 5700 Mamba motor and it was flawless. Zero cogging, hesitations, or anything else and yes I did the roll backwards down a ramp (not that I every have this happen) but it smoked the tires off and started to pull a wheelie with the setup I had. Car was super smooth and if I wouldn't know any better I would of thought I had a brushed mod motor in. Couldn't be happier with this system and for 149.99 it is all the more impressive.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:51 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi, would like to ask about CC's sidewinder 4600kv or 5700kv run time on a normal nimh cells? how long is the run time? is it good? i plan to order one from towerhobbies too. Thanks in advanced!! =)

Cheers!!