R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-09-2007, 08:56 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default 1/12 tires

Does anyone know if any companies make rubber tires for 1/12 pan cars. If not then how long would fomies last on pavement
Thanks,
Colin
ijump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:05 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

BSR makes them for oval.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:40 PM   #3
Tech Champion

Rubber capped tires are generally used for oval...they tend to shred on asphault.

As for foams how long they last will depend on what compound you use and how much traction you have on the asphault so it is pretty difficult to say how long they will last for you.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:41 PM   #4
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Rubber capped tires are generally used for oval...they tend to shred on asphault.

As for foams how long they last will depend on what compound you use and how much traction you have on the asphault so it is pretty difficult to say how long they will last for you.
In Florida we run asphalt 1/12th all year. We run Double Pinks front and rear. If you are on a budget start your tires at 1.8" in front and 1.9" in rear. On a decent track that is relatively clean, slightly sugar watered and a well setup car you will loose ~.020" (.5mm) in diameter per run in stock and 19t...a little more in mod.

I normally have 3 full sets of tires that I rotate throughout the day. This way I dont have to change ride height with wear. Rotating 3 sets I can get 3 race weekends out of a set of tire before they get too small.

FYI, when ture are too small on asphalt (under 1.70" front and under 1.75" rear) they are perfect for carpet racing

Also, for running faom on asphalt you use regular black paragon for 15min then a coat of white runny suntan lotion for another 15min to 30min depending on the time you have between runs. I prefer Target brand SPF 45.

Trust me after 20 years of racing pan cars on asphalt NOTHING is better then suntan lotion.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote