R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-10-2007, 10:33 AM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maybe thats why you cant really get a T2R anymore ....they've been out of stock for awhile.
I have a T2, while I dont mind the c-hub, arms, steering arms and other little parts, the spring steel parts are a bit overpriced. Same with the bulkheads. I h ad a bent one on my old 05 and it cost me over $70 to get one bulkhead that I needed (they only sold them as a set).
The plastic parts are high quality. As far as price, they are a good value because they are durable. My T2 and 05 have finished many races where other cars hit something small and they break.
wcalaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:18 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
I was just in Singapore and they advertised a Honda Civic starting at $48,000 singapore dollars. That's about $32,000 US dollars. Something about high car taxes over there.

As far as parts prices, I agree that some are very expensive compares to others. In XRay's defense, I don't think that I've ever broken an arm, so I really don't care how much they are. On the other hand, those "magic" spring steel cvd's are ridiculous. I just priced them myself a week ago.
The biggest Xray ripp off is Xray t2'007 sway bar kit...$36 for front and rear set of sway bars! What a rip off!!
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:31 PM   #33
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think the T2R was discontinued...it sold poorly. Everyone wanted the mack daddy version.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:54 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
I think the T2R was discontinued...it sold poorly. Everyone wanted the mack daddy version.
The T2R has not been discontinued.

A production notice was issued earlier this year indicating the status of the T2R and XB8R.

Here is a link to the notice on www.teamxray.com
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:02 PM   #35
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
The biggest Xray ripp off is Xray t2'007 sway bar kit...$36 for front and rear set of sway bars! What a rip off!!
Price came down a bit sense the T1R. I gave 25.00 for a single front anti roll bar.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:25 AM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

I'm thinking of buying a Losi JRX-S Type R since the price of parts are so low, kinda like the AE TC5.

We know the car can win races, but it sure is one ugly pug, although appearance has nothing to do with performance.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:31 AM   #37
Tech Master

any car manufactured in Us+Korea+japan should be ok 4 you...
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:18 AM   #38
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
Last night I was looking for spare parts and noticed how crazy spare part prices are.

I have an XRAY T2 '007, and was looking to purchase a full extra set of CVD's. Using Ampdraw as a parts source, all the parts to build a single extra CVD for a T2 '007 would cost about $42.00, or $185 with shipping for a full set. That my friends means that 4x CVD's would end up costing almost 1/2 the price of a complete new kit.

I'm wondering if XRAY, or any company, has considered making a Spare Parts Kit. Basically include everything from a normal kit that is a normal wear/breakable item. You could exclude the upper/lower chassis, bulkheads, turn buckles, and screws. The spare cost prices of the chassis and bulkheads are priced high enough that you could sell the "Parts Kit for 1/2 the cost of a full kit w/o worrying about people buying a Spare Parts Kit and the Chassis/Bulkheads separately to make a full kit.

The Spare Parts Kit would get you a full set of shocks, bearings, CVD's, Belts, Pulleys, plus 2-sets of Arms, C-Hubs, and Uprights.
The cost of X-ray parts is absurd. Not to mention their ridiculous practice of releasing a new touring car every 6 months to 1 year.
ghuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:35 AM   #39
Tech Elite

i was considering selling my 415, 12l3 and db12 conversion and getting a db12r to compliment my 10L2. now to fit the lipos.

everyone complains about high-turnaround on kits but is always wanting the next fastest thing.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:24 AM   #40
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghuber View Post
The cost of X-ray parts is absurd. Not to mention their ridiculous practice of releasing a new touring car every 6 months to 1 year.
I disagree, here in the UK Xray parts are no more expensive than say Schumacher, Associated or HPI, Take for example a front suspension arms no real differance in price and with Xray you only have to buy 1 instead of 2 like with some manufacturers.
And with the practice of bringing out a new car every year no one forces anyone to buy them every year but at least you have a choice.
Steve B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:57 AM   #41
Tech Apprentice

the cost of kits and parts are out of control. I find it very hard to believe that little pieces of plastic that break when you graze a board or bump someone is worth a kit that can cost 600 bucks. i have a tc3 so the parts are reasonable. But my serpents are expensive. Serpent also makes a crash bag for their cars which is a good idea.

I dont even buy new kits now, only used since they cost so much to buy new. Then they dont hold their value at all. people are almost giving cars away on ebay which sucks becaue even if you want to sell your car for a price that you think is good, you cant because another guy is selling it for 200 bucks cheaper.
esdjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 01:42 PM   #42
Tech Fanatic

This and the battery issue is exactly why I have stopped racing electric...... Once the battery/motor issues are resolved, I'll replace my Xray with a Losi.
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:17 PM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsquish View Post
This and the battery issue is exactly why I have stopped racing electric...... Once the battery/motor issues are resolved, I'll replace my Xray with a Losi.
Just replace that dinosaur & get the car that you want..........
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:28 AM   #44
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I decided I was spending way too much on parts with the Xray. Went to a HB Cyclone that has much cheaper parts. Now I haven't broke anything with the Cyclone. haha Didn't lose anything on lap times either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
Last night I was looking for spare parts and noticed how crazy spare part prices are.

I have an XRAY T2 '007, and was looking to purchase a full extra set of CVD's. Using Ampdraw as a parts source, all the parts to build a single extra CVD for a T2 '007 would cost about $42.00, or $185 with shipping for a full set. That my friends means that 4x CVD's would end up costing almost 1/2 the price of a complete new kit.

I'm wondering if XRAY, or any company, has considered making a Spare Parts Kit. Basically include everything from a normal kit that is a normal wear/breakable item. You could exclude the upper/lower chassis, bulkheads, turn buckles, and screws. The spare cost prices of the chassis and bulkheads are priced high enough that you could sell the "Parts Kit for 1/2 the cost of a full kit w/o worrying about people buying a Spare Parts Kit and the Chassis/Bulkheads separately to make a full kit.

The Spare Parts Kit would get you a full set of shocks, bearings, CVD's, Belts, Pulleys, plus 2-sets of Arms, C-Hubs, and Uprights.
Duratrax ICE
porschejim911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:06 PM   #45
Tech Regular

Well, I've used any Xray car, since the T1R.
Price of the spare in only a function about how often you've to replace them.
Until the FK05, racing wiht xray was cheap. Parts just last ages.
Moved to the T2 and T2-007.... well I can't afford it any more.

Moved to the Cyclone.... Cost is once again reasonable. Plus there are several aftermarket companies!

My 2 cents
Giorgio is offline   Reply With Quote