R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-09-2007, 10:42 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I guess you have to look at the cost from another stand point.

If your in the US, The american dollar isn't that strong, so therefore the LHS have to pay more US dollars to compete with the money over the pond.

Also i think so the cost of the machines to CNC mill all the parts and also how much the license to carry Xray parts are. Its pretty steep. The LHS's have to compensate for that as well.

Just my views.

I do agree about combining the some of the combining some of the commonly broken items we all break in races.

Sportworks Recoil - MMR Spec, GTX

Additional Feedback: http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=145047
peded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:36 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic

I can get a replacement axle for my full-size honda for $65. RC parts are a bit pricey
Scrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:04 PM   #18
Tech Master

lol
I was driving yokomo bd before mi3, I 've checked how much is diff pulley for BD and it costs only 1.40-1.70 if I buy it from hong kong that's just unbelievable ...
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:30 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bigemike

bmi parts are especially expensive for a 1/12th scale. They charge $13 for plastic cups that are like pivot ball retainers, but they are all custom machined, so you have to pay more.

It is the same everywhere except associated and traxxas. Parts are high profit, items. Associated still sell parts that are less than $1 eclips, orings, plastics eyelets for pan car front ends , I don't think you can order a part from any other manufacturer as cheap
Old 11-09-2007, 02:39 PM   #20
Tech Master

I believe the corally parts are cheaper. Plus, I like the corally better.
samstheman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:49 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
For some reason Xray only gives you a discount on their "magic" spring steel that bends just like every other steel when you buy a car. Hence why I have a losi now, I think the bone and axle is $11.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:10 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockworks View Post
In the UK, we get ripped of for everything. Team Associated parts normally sell at "pounds for dollars". Since the exchange rate is currently over 2 USD to 1 GBP, that means we are paying double the US price.
sorry, got to disagree, if you buy a B4 kit in from America, you will pay not much more from a UK shop, and you got CML to thank for that, as they worked on more agressive pricing, so the gain of buying from the states is far less than it was. and if you get stung for customs too, it is even less.

Spares are slightly less economic, but not a great deal, so unless you want to carry around 100 or so worth of spares.....

you also got to remember that even through paypal it is about $2.08:1
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:02 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

come race offroad. dont need to spend $$$$$$$$$$$ to be competitive.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:15 PM   #24
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemike View Post
bmi parts are especially expensive for a 1/12th scale. They charge $13 for plastic cups that are like pivot ball retainers, but they are all custom machined, so you have to pay more.

It is the same everywhere except associated and traxxas. Parts are high profit, items. Associated still sell parts that are less than $1 eclips, orings, plastics eyelets for pan car front ends , I don't think you can order a part from any other manufacturer as cheap
If i was to mold them like the less expensive parts you see my parts would be cheap also. The molded parts are alot less expensive. Think if you were to buy machined A arms for an AE car, You think they would be the same price as what they offer now? Those side ball retainers are machined delrin and have machined pressure plates that come with them.13 for a pair isnt bad for intricate machined parts.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:17 AM   #25
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst View Post
sorry, got to disagree, if you buy a B4 kit in from America, you will pay not much more from a UK shop, and you got CML to thank for that, as they worked on more agressive pricing, so the gain of buying from the states is far less than it was. and if you get stung for customs too, it is even less.

Spares are slightly less economic, but not a great deal, so unless you want to carry around 100 or so worth of spares.....

you also got to remember that even through paypal it is about $2.08:1
Maybe I need to buy from a different shop!
I've only bought a couple of small parts for my B4 FT, and paid almost pounds for dollars (the US price was printed on the label).

Where's the best place to buy Associated parts in the UK? I don't have a local shop, so everything comes mail order.
clockworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:40 AM   #26
Tech Master

Please please please do not even compare Uk And Us prices...

you always buy cheaper from States...
6xep4200 cells 35 and they costs you 22inc postage from HK or Us...
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:09 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Now that the CND vs USA dollar is at par or above for us life is finally fair... well sort of, the trickle down effect of seeing retail prices drop in canada is slow, 6000$ extra for a civic si compared to our bruthas in the south is not fair, considering we make our own hondas! LOL But that a topic all its own..

The xray conversion is this:
For every xray part you buy you get two AE parts for the same price(arms,nuckles ect)
Old 11-10-2007, 07:25 AM   #28
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default parts

I simply bought a T2R for less than $200 and got more than enough parts to run a season, 4 cvds, belts, arms, bearings...and sold the chassis and bulkheads...just something to consider.
Mark Mixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:53 AM   #29
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Lagace View Post
... 6000$ extra for a civic si compared to our bruthas in the south is not fair,
I was just in Singapore and they advertised a Honda Civic starting at $48,000 singapore dollars. That's about $32,000 US dollars. Something about high car taxes over there.

As far as parts prices, I agree that some are very expensive compares to others. In XRay's defense, I don't think that I've ever broken an arm, so I really don't care how much they are. On the other hand, those "magic" spring steel cvd's are ridiculous. I just priced them myself a week ago.
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 08:51 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mixon View Post
I simply bought a T2R for less than $200 and got more than enough parts to run a season, 4 cvds, belts, arms, bearings...and sold the chassis and bulkheads...just something to consider.
I sort of did the same thing, i grabbed a used T2r and grabbed a 007 when it came out. I have all the spares i need minuse chassis and shock towers(wich in my 20 years have only broken one shock tower and it was on a corrally!)

So it made more sence for me to part out the t2r as spares then to sell the car used. Just the 4 cvds are worth more new then the hole t2r is used.