Search

Buying New or New Built

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:03 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Buying New or New Built

There are many people who buy r/c cars and look forward to building them and hopping them up. Others seem to be more interested in buying something already hopped up and preferably already built.

I bought a Tamiya TT-01R for some reason or another, built it, then came to the realization that I really did not need it. It was a kit I bought from Tower Hobbies for $139.99 plus shipping. I listed the car on ebay with nothing else added to the kit; it was brand new, built and never run. I sold it for over $200!!! This was not a special kit, a fast kit, or a rare kit but it sold for almost $100 more just by building it.

My question is that is this simply an abberation or is this the way the market on ebay tends to work? Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

from what i see cars sell for much less then what you pay for them. your lucky that happened
Old 11-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

That was a fluk, must have been two peeps that really wanted it. Most times an unopened kit goes for more than a built one.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

i only buy cars to build and hop up i would never buy one that some one else had built that take the fun out of it