R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-05-2007, 08:20 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic

I forgot to add that I use plano boxes and other plastic styles to organize inside the big box....the one for oils has a cool rubber seal in case of a leaking bottle..........
scootr117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:03 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz

The wife got me this for christmas, it's the best thing ever..

Black & Decker Contractor Cart 3-in-1

This one shows a toolbag on top, but I got the one with the hard toolbox instead, much better I think..

The bottom holds two 1/10 cars (or minis) laid on their sides, and a 1/12th laying across the two with antenna pointing down, as well as my power supply, cables, sprays, powerbar, pit towels and setup board.

A tray that sits on top of that (the orange stripe) has two chargers, setup tools, smart tray, caliper, distro box, motor cooler and motor holder (for my APS) with room to spare.

A lid closes on top and latches to the toolbox on top of it, which has all of my tools, clips, cutters, wires, etc. on the tray, and my Ott-lite, soldering iron, any lubes and shock oils, traction compound, strapping tape with room to spare.

Even the top of the toolbox lid has small quick-access items, like spare receivers, servos, escs, comm drops and bushing oil, fuses, velcro bits..

With bungee cords I strap the battery, motor, parts, and tire boxes (they're all low-profile flat types, 2-3 inches high), and any additional boxes and boards, on top of the chest, and it's all rollable in one trip from my car. I do have a backpack for other stuff, like comm lathe, additional tires and the radio, but that's more or less it..

The rear handle collapes down, and the side handles are strong enough to lift the whole thing in and out of the car/van/whatever. Smaller cars might have clearance issues with the extra boxes when putting it in the back seat, but it's nothing to slip the boxes in and out of the bungees..

I'm not sure what I did without it..
Old 11-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

pet camel
Old 11-05-2007, 10:00 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Container Store
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:03 AM   #20
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
Ya! i was looking for 2 of them! yay! 2 of them stacked with a luggage carrier
Old 11-05-2007, 10:51 AM   #21
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The F8 bag is nice, really nice. But, I've had mine a year under light duty and the following has gone wrong:

1. Strap broke with a slight tug. Never used to lift the whole box, just maneuver it.

2. The plastic "feet" on the bottom are falling off.

3. The plastic piece that the handle rests in has cracked all the way across in the front. If it cracks in the back, the handle will come loose and be useless.

I don't load my bag up so it's very heavy, and I don't abuse it. I've never even traveled with it outside of routine trips to/from the track. I'm sad it's not held up very well, because other than that, it's pretty much perfect.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:05 AM   #22
KoE
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to KoE

i've been using stanley rolling workshop for quite some time now, and it stands up to the general use quite well but it falls short when i need to ferry lotsa stuffs to track.

just recently, i've got the F8 bag which i haven't stuffed with anything yet...so syndrome's post gets me thinking many times over since with stanley, i can drag it all over the place
Old 11-05-2007, 11:16 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Really? I've travelled my F8 around the place heaps, including on flights, no problems.

Warranty?

If you don't have clean bearings, good transmission and a perfect car, trust me when I say this...someone else does.
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:18 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

ya, Im thinking acouple these will be good.. along with my AE doublebox car hauler for my cars.. 1 box for my sedan with an extra body and the other for my 12th with a few extra bodies

Old 11-05-2007, 11:31 AM   #25
Tech Apprentice

Have a look at pelican cases.

http://allcases.com/searchresults.asp?application=148

http://www.casesbypelican.com/

It may be overkill for dragging gear to and from the track, but they'd probably do great for airline travel.

Chris
ckearns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

this is a never ending battle. unless you bring a trailer with you, you'll never find the "right" method to haul your itmes.

if you do bring a trailer, then you'll be obsessed with how to organize everything inside the trailer with boxes and containers galore.

i say, anything more than two trips is too much.

1 hauler bag or big duffle bag for plano boxes (spare parts, motors, extra chassis etc). 1 plastic big box for electronics. 1 plastic big box for tires, misc items etc. the two boxes can stack on a hand dolley. the duffle you can carry.

its the never ending saga..........

once you find the right bag... you'll want something bigger and better.
RCMits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:26 PM   #27
Tech Regular

I'm in kindof a smart mood today so here it is. It's the new old way to haul your stuff...
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for a new way to haul my stuff to the track..-packmule.jpg  
Unregistered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:32 PM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm in kindof a smart mood today so here it is. It's the new old way to haul your stuff...
BSchorr, really though, do we all need 1/2 the stuff we bring to the track? I've seen a racer who rides a motorcycle come to the track with his car, radio, battery/charger and tools all fit in a backpack.

I shouldn't complain, I bring way too much to the track...
RCMits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:29 PM   #29
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Going light is fine, unless you are doing 300 km to attend a race. When i lived next to a track i used to go pratice by bike. Just the car, radio, 2mm driver, 3-4 charged batteries. i could do 25min of tracktime and only lost about 1 hour of the day.

But ocasionally i would break something on my first pack and went home frustated...
Itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:39 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz View Post
The wife got me this for christmas, it's the best thing ever..

Black & Decker Contractor Cart 3-in-1

This one shows a toolbag on top, but I got the one with the hard toolbox instead, much better I think..

The bottom holds two 1/10 cars (or minis) laid on their sides, and a 1/12th laying across the two with antenna pointing down, as well as my power supply, cables, sprays, powerbar, pit towels and setup board.

A tray that sits on top of that (the orange stripe) has two chargers, setup tools, smart tray, caliper, distro box, motor cooler and motor holder (for my APS) with room to spare.

A lid closes on top and latches to the toolbox on top of it, which has all of my tools, clips, cutters, wires, etc. on the tray, and my Ott-lite, soldering iron, any lubes and shock oils, traction compound, strapping tape with room to spare.

Even the top of the toolbox lid has small quick-access items, like spare receivers, servos, escs, comm drops and bushing oil, fuses, velcro bits..

With bungee cords I strap the battery, motor, parts, and tire boxes (they're all low-profile flat types, 2-3 inches high), and any additional boxes and boards, on top of the chest, and it's all rollable in one trip from my car. I do have a backpack for other stuff, like comm lathe, additional tires and the radio, but that's more or less it..

The rear handle collapes down, and the side handles are strong enough to lift the whole thing in and out of the car/van/whatever. Smaller cars might have clearance issues with the extra boxes when putting it in the back seat, but it's nothing to slip the boxes in and out of the bungees..

I'm not sure what I did without it..

My parents got me a craftsman one just like that one on the bottom

Works awesome