R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-04-2005, 11:40 PM   #106
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hardadz
Default Parts

Parts that are currently in stock have been posted to the www.kawadaracing.com site They will have a price posted shortly on the Sigma 2 and when it will be here in the US. yes, Evolution Hobbies will ship to Au and other countries and will take preorders once they have a price. Give them a try and keep visiting the site.
hardadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:53 PM   #107
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Kawada Japan site has just posted a blank setup sheet for the Sigma 2.
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:58 AM   #108
sac
Tech Regular

here is the blank set-up sheet.
Sorry i will try to do again later ,does not seem to want to download file for the set-up sheet.

jag88
Do you still run the Sigma ?
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 07:59 AM   #109
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by sac
here is the blank set-up sheet.
Sorry i will try to do again later ,does not seem to want to download file for the set-up sheet.

jag88
Do you still run the Sigma ?

No, I bought an Xray FK and never looked back.
Do you know of any one who wants to buy one ?
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 01:41 PM   #110
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Jag, get in touch with me...I might be interested. Thanks
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 12:54 AM   #111
Tech Master

Evolution Hobbies in the US have the a pre-order price for the new car at $369

A $70 US price rise for a few revisions in the cars design - nothing that would cost extra to manufacture

I HAD made up my mind to get this car until this

If you take away the "worlds special" cars (Yokomo SDW, Tamiya 415MS) then I think this would be one of the most expensive touring car kits on the market, perhaps only the Corally RDX being more expensive!

Sorry, but $369 is too much to pay for the risk most drivers would be taking in running a car with such small worldwide support.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:08 AM   #112
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to hardadz
Default Pricing !

Sorry to disappoint you with the price but maybe this will shed some light on the subject. If you take the price of 48,700 yen and convert it you get a price in USD of $ 461.78 Standard trade discount is between 30-40 % of retail, in this case it's 30%, to that you have to add two wire fees for a bank transfer, $ 35.00 from my local bank and 5000 ($ 45.00USD)yen when it hits Japan.
A typical order sent by air mail runs us about $ 200.00 for shipping
add all the charges to a wholesale price on the kit along with shop expenses and your saying that a markup of a little over 8% is too high a price. For some people this may be, but when I see people spending $ 1500.00 for basically a reworked Sigma SV10 and other kits out there in the "elite" class your statement seems kind of mundane. If the price is too high, don't buy it, but the price is right where it should be for the quality of the kit that you receive.
Speed Tech does NOT sell this car , they have many fine products that they supply and they do an excellant job for the items they carry. When you specialize in specific items you can service your customers a lot better. We commend Speed Tech and hope that our standards will be the same as theirs.

Last edited by hardadz; 01-07-2005 at 10:14 AM.
hardadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 02:51 AM   #113
Tech Master

Default Re: Pricing !

Quote:
Originally posted by hardadz
your saying that a markup of a little over 8% is too high a price. For some people this may be, but when I see people spending $ 1500.00 for basically a reworked Sigma SV10 and other kits out there in the "elite" class your statement seems kind of mundane. If the price is too high, don't buy it, but the price is right where it should be for the quality of the kit that you receive.

Other manufacturers can release "revised" cars for only a small price increase, usually less than $20 US. The price for the new Sigma moves it completely out of the "normal" price range for a fully-equipped tourer and into the price range for a "worlds spec" car.

For UNDER $300 you can buy many top spec tourers of good quality, Pro4, YokSSG, Barracuda, Mi2 etc. It's only the "luxury" spec/quality cars like Xray, 415, RDX etc that are priced higher - and understandably so.
Whilst I KNOW that Kawada make excellent quality cars - there just isn't enough "luxury spec" to warrant such an increase.

As the car is already a lesser known model, how do you expect to sell any at such a price?

I am not inferring that the price increase is in anyway your fault - as it seems on the figures you've quoted, that Kawada themselves are responsible, whatever the case, I simply believe it to be a mistake that will cost sales.

To put it simply, if a buyer walks into a store that has ALL the top cars, and know he has around $360 to spend - what are the chances he will walk out the door with a Sigma as opposed to:

A) A more well-known, race proven car (X-Ray or 415)

B) A cheaper Pro4, Yokomo etc, with change left over to buy tuning aids such as springs, toe-in blocks, front spool etc

I just can't see how Kawada expect to achieve sales outside Japan with this strategy

$1500 for a reworked Sigma ?? What car is this? I'm sorry I don't understand this statement as I've never seen a $1500 tourer.

Finally, I never mentioned Speed Tech, what have they got to do with Kawada's price policy?
Old 01-08-2005, 02:58 AM   #114
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

1500 for a touror will be one of the "special cars" like the pro 4 re done by Masamis' father
merc-blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 03:18 AM   #115
Tech Master

I'm not sure whether the Masaki special is the car being referred to, but if so, then the fact that it's limited to a 30 car production run, plus built by probably the best rc mechanic there is, then I would say it's price is somewhat justified, though I personally wouldn't buy it - perhaps it is more of a collectors item, a car worth more in years to com (like Tamiya first rc cars are now).

Certainly for the normals tourers (HPI, AE etc) - I can't see how (or why) you could get into a situation where you would be adding so many hop-ups that the car ended up costing $1500.

The bottom line for me is the Sigma2 IS priced to high for the spec level of the kit, perhaps if they had included sway bars, titanium turnbuckles, and the rear chassis stiffener then it would be great value - as it stands if I can't find one from Hong Kong etc for a more realistic price then I won't bother at all

Old 01-08-2005, 07:04 PM   #116
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to vi3tishduy

So basically, the Sigma is the same as the sigma 2? Only diff is the weight change... and www.kawadaracing.com , will you still carry spare parts for the sigma 1? I might buy one from ttod or soemthin like that
vi3tishduy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 07:19 PM   #117

when i started racing the sv-10 was my first real rc car, did it cost more? yes, was it worth it. well seeing how the warehouse as 10 minutes away and a couple of team drivers drove at my local track and parts support was plenty, yea i thought so. i had good times and got fast with that car. then a few things happened and the car and support disappeared. so it was time to move on, then i saw the sigma came out and there was a new importer. i emailed serveral times, even posted on here somewhere. no responce, bummer. i would still love to have one. but outta money now. i'm one of the lucky "65".
ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 03:20 PM   #118
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Sigma and Sigma 2 owners

Anyone out there? Anyone???

This thread has been dead since Jan. 05. Where did everyone go??

Those that were in here before what happend to you? Did you become Xray drivers, Yokomo SD, BD, Corally??

What happened to you guys. If you still have one but moved on please post what and why. Is it the lack of parts support? (no different than Corally) Is it that a new car is way better? Then what is it?
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:48 PM   #119
Tech Master

I dont think there is a US distributor anymore so I'm sure that has something to do with the lack of popularity.

For me, the kit was too expensive compared to other top line tc's of the time.

However I've noticed that you can now get them for about US$340 - which is now cheap compared to the latest cars

And the spares for the car are very well priced if you get them from champ rc in Japan.

I might be looking for a second car next year for my kids to run - still trying to decide between the Sigma and the 05 Atlas car (if I decide to buy another car at all).
Old 12-28-2005, 07:01 PM   #120
Tech Addict

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=16079
flysti is offline   Reply With Quote