Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Electronics question:

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 10:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Electronics question:

If I wanted to switch to another radio that I have, can I just swap out the receiver OR do I have to swap out the servos too?

Specifics: TC3 RTR came with a crappy hitec. I want to use my Futaba radio. Can I, or do I have to switch to the Futaba servos also?
Old 05-24-2003, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No, as long as the reciever plugs on the servo are set with the correct wiring pattern(which they commonly are nowadays), you can leave that servo in there if you like & it should just plug directly into the different reciever. Just be sure to test it on a stand before you put the car down to run after changing everything out you want(you can never be too careful)....
Old 05-25-2003, 09:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hitec servos will plug right into Futaba gear with no wire changes or plug changes. If you want to run Futaba servos with Hitec radio gear, you will need to cut the ear off of the Futaba plug for them to fit. I believe all of the servos made now have the same wiring so they will work with just about any reciever, not 100% sure if that goes for KO, and the old Airtronics plugs (not made anymore that I know of) will need to be changed around as well.
Old 05-25-2003, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes, it goes for KO as well now. They switched over to the Futaba "J" pattern about 6 1/2 years ago or so. I learned it the hard way when I bought a newer KO radio in '97(had been using an original analog EX-1) & the EX-11 I bought had the new wire pattern but I didn't realize until I plugged everything in & tried turning it all on & ended up burning out the voltage regulator on my ESC(but the reciever & servo were unhurt). Nowadays, it's all so much simpler, just plug in & have fun....