R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-22-2007, 04:20 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
Hehe, turn the sound off, it will be like driving electric with rubbers!

BTW, this game works just fine on my Apple Macbook Pro (2.4GHz, 2GB Ram, 256MB Video Card) running Winblows XP SP2 with GFX turned all the way up.
Thats a good one! Seriously they need a version for carpet. Most of the time people buy it during the winter becasue they dont have anything to race!
racingboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:04 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Yup, I bought it because I get antsy during the rainy season also, and because of all the practice of driving and tuning I can get without the downtime of repairs and changing the darned setups.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:18 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Hehe, turn the sound off, it will be like driving electric with rubbers!

BTW, this game works just fine on my Apple Macbook Pro (2.4GHz, 2GB Ram, 256MB Video Card) running Winblows XP SP2 with GFX turned all the way up.
you running boot camp to run xp i want to do the same this week
Old 10-22-2007, 08:46 PM   #19
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs View Post
I played it under bootcamp on my Macbook Pro and it worked great. Leopard is coming out in a week, and will supposedly have a version of bootcamp with improved windows drivers, so maybe it'll work even better.

As for the game, I did enjoy it for a while, and I do think it helped my real world driving. I just don't love the feeling of the car pushing all the time... or maybe it's that I just don't love that style of driving. When an electric version is released with carpet, I'm all over it. The USB adapter was really nice so I could use my own radio.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:03 PM   #20
Tech Master

yeah ill be in line on friday at 6pm for my copy
Old 10-22-2007, 09:27 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yes, running bootcamp, and Winblows XP SP2 and have Leopard shipped for only $10.72

Syndrome, actually bootcamp will just be non-beta in Leapord and the beta will expire once Leopard has been released. Here is memo I received from Apple:

Quote:
The Boot Camp Assistant and license for Boot Camp beta versions 1.0b through 1.2b will expire on September 30th, 2007. Expiration does not affect installed copies of Windows. Updating the beta license is simple.

If you want to continue in the Boot Camp beta program, you should return to <http://www.apple.com/bootcamp>, agree to the updated license terms and download the latest version. This ensures you will have the latest Boot Camp drivers which enables you to provide more accurate feedback to Apple.

The new beta license will bridge the gap between September 30th and the day Leopard ships. As stated in the Boot Camp End User License Agreement, when Leopard ships, the beta license for Boot Camp beta 1.3b and 1.4b will expire.

*** At this point you will need to purchase and install Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard to obtain a new license and continue using Boot Camp ***

Once the Boot Camp beta expires, The Boot Camp Beta Assistant will not launch. The Boot Camp Beta Assistant is used to create or resize a Windows partition, create the Macintosh Drivers disc containing drivers for Windows, and restart the Mac using a Windows installation disc.

Expiration of the beta will not affect installed copies of Windows. It will affect your ability to build driver discs for Windows.

Reminder: Boot Camp Beta is a preview of a new feature in Mac OS X Leopard and is licensed for use on a trial basis for a limited time. Do not use Boot Camp Beta in a commercial operating environment or with important data. You should back up all of your data before installing this software and regularly back up data while using the software. Your rights to use Boot Camp Beta are subject to acceptance of the terms of the software license.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:31 PM   #22
Tech Master

how so cheap
Old 10-22-2007, 09:38 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the people who r fast on vrc are fast in real life aswell.

compared to the best car game on xbox or ps2, which is probably colin McRae Dirt, then vrc absolutely rips it apart.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:55 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Quote:
how so cheap
Buy a new Apple computer between Oct 1 and Dec 29th and if your computer doesn't have Leopard, then you get it for that price.

Up-To-Date Program
Old 10-22-2007, 10:21 PM   #25
Tech Lord

Quote:
Yes, running bootcamp, and Winblows XP SP2 and have Leopard shipped for only $10.72

Syndrome, actually bootcamp will just be non-beta in Leapord and the beta will expire once Leopard has been released. Here is memo I received from Apple:
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Windows drivers in the Leopard Bootcamp will be signed. Perhaps they've been holding back updates, too? I've got the original MacBook Pro with the CoreDuo, and VRC ran like a champ with the very original Bootcamp release, so Jeff should be fine either way.

Jeff, is the interest in VRC new? Are you looking to stay sharp with Horsham closing or something? I've heard a lot of people say it's helped their real-world driving
Old 10-23-2007, 03:47 AM   #26
Tech Master

my vinyl cutter software is windows based and i also want to play vrc. Im desperate need of a carpet track..lol
Old 10-23-2007, 06:16 AM   #27
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

When VRC has Drag, and Off Road I'll buy, but until then It's a nifty toy at most.
parnelli97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:21 PM   #28
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Any more feedback with Boot Camp from the new 10.5 update? Is everything running ok on the Mac?

I REALLY want to get this running this winter. Not having any on road tracks in the Chicago area is killing me.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:34 PM   #29
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed View Post
Any more feedback with Boot Camp from the new 10.5 update? Is everything running ok on the Mac?

I REALLY want to get this running this winter. Not having any on road tracks in the Chicago area is killing me.
I haven't bothered with boot camp yet since installing 10.5. :-( I'm holding out for a carpet version.

Don't you guys have ungroundrc or whatever there?
Old 11-13-2007, 12:41 PM   #30
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I haven't bothered with boot camp yet since installing 10.5. :-( I'm holding out for a carpet version.
I'm skeptical of 10.5 right now, because of the things I have read about recently. I will probably wait on it, but a Boot Camp solution to VRC is appealing. I had heard a Mac version was in the works, but I can't find any verification on that anywhere.

Quote:
Don't you guys have ungroundrc or whatever there?
<cough>bashers.</cough> It's kind of too far into the city for my tastes. I'd rather drive to Trackside in Wisconsin.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote