R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-17-2007, 10:47 AM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

The ebay feedback score system is a joke. For example I need to leave negative feedback for someone right now but Im afraid to because they will just turn around and leave me negative feedback. eBay tells me even if I dispute the item through them and they find me to be right he can still leave negative feedback and they wont remove it. What a joke. Paypal already decided in my favor.

Im hoping I can leave the feedback 1 min before the time expires to leave it and that it will expire on him.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:15 AM   #17
ROV
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Im an aussie ebay buyer as well and i always instant pay as i win products..
yer I see a price think thats mine,,,no no US only its a pain,,,
I spose the good suffer at the hand of the people who abuse the system.

I to recived goods from a US supplier, on the feed back i put,+100% great product,super fast delevery,pricey postage).....well $50us for a shoe box at 3ounce (2xbodies&aESC). OH boy i got -100% negative feed. I still bought from them again cause i cant beet his price anywhere.

What did the five fingers SAY TO THE FACE!!!,,,,SLAP,,,,im Rick James BITCH
ROV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:29 AM   #18
Tech Adept

I feel you on that....
Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
The ebay feedback score system is a joke. For example I need to leave negative feedback for someone right now but Im afraid to because they will just turn around and leave me negative feedback.
slomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes Ebay has it pit falls. But Ebay has at least widened the market place so now at least you can see what you can't buy
clinehobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:56 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

I'm super comfortable shipping my boards and stuff to Japan as I do it often....but I shipped some boards to Australia and the UK last week and have been waiting for a confirmation from the buyers....nervous

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:06 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamMan View Post
US sellers are only covered by the SPP when shipping to the US, UK and Canada.
It works both ways...they can't ding you if you have a verified/trackable signature to a verified address. There's no "buyer protection" without "seller protection".

I had to ship a $2000+ order to Norway, so I got very familiar with it all. If you use a trackable service to the address on the account, you're golden.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
The ebay feedback score system is a joke. For example I need to leave negative feedback for someone right now but Im afraid to because they will just turn around and leave me negative feedback. eBay tells me even if I dispute the item through them and they find me to be right he can still leave negative feedback and they wont remove it. What a joke. Paypal already decided in my favor.

Im hoping I can leave the feedback 1 min before the time expires to leave it and that it will expire on him.
LOL...the system on here is the same. Yeah, they both suck, but I don't really have a simple solution to improving either of them...so I guess they're better than nothing.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:29 PM   #23
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:

I had it out with ebay over that... My wife bought a book through Half and the book she got wasn't the one she ordered... The guy refused to answer my emails so I made a claim and then left him bad feedback... He gives me negative that I didn't pay nor return the book... When you go through Half you pay via CC... I was the only feedback the moron ever left for his 10 or so transactions...
Old 10-17-2007, 02:17 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear

As another potential overseas buyer I find it very frustrating when you find something that would be perfect for your needs only to find the seller won't ship overseas.
JConcepts www.jconcepts.net
Ace Hobby Distributors www.acehobbyaustralia.com
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
It works both ways...they can't ding you if you have a verified/trackable signature to a verified address. There's no "buyer protection" without "seller protection".

I had to ship a $2000+ order to Norway, so I got very familiar with it all. If you use a trackable service to the address on the account, you're golden.
There are no verified (confirmed) addresses outside the US, UK or Canada.

Unfortunately PayPal's TOS aren't clear on how they decide what happens in the case of an item not received claim or a charge back where the item was shipped to an unconfirmed address. PayPal is notoriously buyer friendly though.

OnRoadColorado.com
Colorado On Road RC Club
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:18 PM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

i sell alot on ebay. i have only been burned by overseas buyers (last one was 123goducati. i hope he dies a slow, painful death). paypal is way too buyer friendly. shipping out of the US is a too risky for sellers.
sickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:38 PM   #27
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Bottom line:

USPS offers better shipping options at the post office than online. When I sold multiple packs of motor brushes shipped overseas shipping option at the Post Office was less than half than what was offered online. I sold packs of motor brushes for $40 shipped and paid $8 to ship overseas leaving me $32 to include my profit. If I would have paid the $17 online I would have lost money. Besides list fees, PayPal fees, and everything else Ebay nails you for. Here in the US it cost $3 to ship. Standing in line for isn't worth the hassle. Sorry but it isn't.

Mr. Shookie goes home 10-06-08. Bill Levinson 4-14-15

Last edited by F. Mendoza; 10-17-2007 at 07:49 PM.
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:57 AM   #28
Tech Apprentice

Personally, I am more than happy to ship overseas. I don't agree that the ebay rating system is a joke - maybe not perfect but not a joke. I have no problem with selling overseas to a buyer with positive feedback. In fact, a good percentage of my motor and battery sales are overseas and I've had no issues to date. I have been in business less time than a lot of people but even if I get burned 1 out of 50 times on overseas transactions that would be the cost of doing business and something I have to accept. You can get burned on domestic transactions as well.

Yes, the forms are a little pain but not bad since they still print out on the computer withe CORRECT USPS software (NOT Click n Ship). I don't like standing in line at the Post Office so I get my wife to do it.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:12 AM   #29
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

All my RC stuff I offer over seas when I sell it on ebay. Most of my computer stuff I sell I don't, simply because export laws prohibit some electronic stuff so I just don't want to deal with it to figure what I can and can't sell. The only issue I have is Ebay's calculator is WAY off sometimes. Once it charged $90 to ship a car to UK, and $11 (which was less than my US shipping) to ship an M8 to Singapore.
parnelli97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:26 AM   #30
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Iím not opposed to shipping overseas, but the customs forms are a pain, and the EBay calc is way off. When it cost me $78.00 to ship to Toronto Canada I tend to shy away from the overseas crowd, so I would say the cost is just astronomical for me!