R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-13-2007, 01:04 AM   #31
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
I'm not sold on Lipos....YET!! I'll stick with NiMh for a bit longer
Eh, I wasn't suggesting a switch to LiPo. Just that the unreliable IB's seem to have driven people in that direction, or to EP cells. I'm gonna do EP's for racing and LiPo for practice. If I did mod, or even 10.5, I might do LiPo, but in 13.5, it feels too disadvantaged to the NiMH guys.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:06 AM   #32
Tech Lord

Anyway, back on topic...

Are there new IB's coming out that address the reliability issue? If so, are they reformulated WC's as Adrian suggested, or something new entirely? It seems the impetus for this thread was some confusion about the WC's for Japan.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:37 AM   #33
Tech Master

Thanks for the replies guys! The local matcher person said that he had just ordered a rather large box of cells that were marked X-1 or something. The pic on the first page of HotBodies cells may be what he was ordering but it seems strange to me that they clearly are not new if they have already been out in Japan for some time! I'll have a look once he has them in stock. I know that IB's do not have the reliability of some other makes but to be honest, this is the second batch of IB4200's I have had and I've had no problems with them at all. New season starts this wekend for me so fancied some new cells although there is nothing really wrong with the ones I'm replacing!
wingman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:00 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Japan always has the stuff way before we do
i hear the x-1 cell is the newer one and it combats the dieing thing and the boom thing
but im still thinking of the EP cells.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:14 PM   #35
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok...you all are the same people that want to go faster, Faster, FASTER right?

Well you got what you wanted. The IB4200 makes your car go really fast...it just happens to go bad fast too....lol!
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:34 PM   #36
Tech Lord

The sad thing is, if the next cells are slower but more reliable, people will probably complain that they're slower. I can't imagine the matchers wanting to say "the numbers on this batch are off from the WC's, but I've barely had any blow up at all!"
Old 10-13-2007, 01:03 PM   #37
Tech Elite

i want reliable cells.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:15 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Most of our club road course guys have gone EP. I'm running them in my 12th scale with no trouble. I'm not sure about our oval crowd. "Voltage at all cost" seems to rule oval. They may still be running IBs. When I do the trash, out back there's always a couple packs that have obviously "failed" laying on the side walk.

Ben

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:24 PM   #39
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You know in all actuality there has been more explosions with the NIMH cells on race scenes than there has been of those running mod w/brushless & lipos. I am sold on them and am a ROAR member and know that soon all things change and the times will allow the introduction it is just a matter of when.

If it is a change in power or a change in decisions one way or another things have to change it is the way of progression. All things change RC 4 EVER ! ! !

Never give up your thoughts your opinions no matter how different or how against the grain they are that is how grass roots movements have been started and manifested. Remember that all though we all have thoughts and opinions we should be open to all and never closed minded. The closed minded are the ones that will be the death of the RC ERA. Never allow our sport of RC to die it must survive at all cost.

"Failure Is Not An Option"
kcrunchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:26 PM   #40
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The new electric season is here for me and it is time to get some new cells but for now until others are approved it looks like EP or IB cells for me.

"Failure Is Not An Option"
kcrunchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:56 PM   #41
Tech Master

Its funny really, my mate that does the matching bought a box of GP4300's to put through the machines and he said he would never get them again. Loads and loads vented meaning that he could n't sell them as good matched packs. lost a fair amount of money on them! He also said that he got some EP's to put through but people want the ultimate performance so he will now only stick with IB's. The thing is though, every time he matches up his new IB cells, he sells out within a couple of weeks so people obviously want them!
wingman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:33 PM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ib 42000's hope you got a big blast shield
Kenny L is offline   Reply With Quote