R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2007, 11:54 AM   #16
Tech Elite
 
EddieO's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,414
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Cherry, read the modified rules..........

A sensorless motor is LEGAL....the tekin will never be legal under the current rules for modified, as its delta wound..........and like I said, I can't remember if it was slotless or not, which would again be against the rules.

And when ROAR does release Spec rules, I can pretty much tell you that they will still be similar in nature to the modified rules..........so no delta or slotless, unless ROAR allows them in modified too.........

Tekin knows this.......and has posted numerous times they don't care much about ROAR legality with their brushless motors........

Not sure what you are talking about really............I simply made a comment that ROAR rules allow sensorless, which was in response to the previous poster saying the tekin system was not legal cause it was sensorless........

Next time, read the whole thread..........

Later EddieO
__________________
www.teambrood.com
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:10 PM   #17
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
Cherry, read the modified rules..........

A sensorless motor is LEGAL....the tekin will never be legal under the current rules for modified, as its delta wound..........and like I said, I can't remember if it was slotless or not, which would again be against the rules.

And when ROAR does release Spec rules, I can pretty much tell you that they will still be similar in nature to the modified rules..........so no delta or slotless, unless ROAR allows them in modified too.........

Tekin knows this.......and has posted numerous times they don't care much about ROAR legality with their brushless motors........

Not sure what you are talking about really............I simply made a comment that ROAR rules allow sensorless, which was in response to the previous poster saying the tekin system was not legal cause it was sensorless........

Next time, read the whole thread..........

Later EddieO
What I`m saying is ..

Local clubs allow anything in stock now days compared to a few years ago ...
No longer is stock, stock....

So Roar rules or not , the concept of spec racing as in the past is over....
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:19 PM   #18
Team Tekin
 
Tekin Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,047
Default

The losi appears to be slotless/ sensorless, delta. Castle, Traxxas and the Hpi rtr's are also this type. Europe runs mostly sensorless. All the mini sytems are sensorless. All the 1/8 systems are sensorless and more than 3 slots. The market determines the rules, not the other way around.

We also built slotted wye wound, roar legal motors, motors in 10.5, 13.5 and 17.5 turns with sensors that anyone can drive. These are difficult to start perfectly sensorless, but run excellent.

Tekin Prez
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:44 PM   #19
Tech Elite
 
EddieO's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,414
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Cherry, I could give a rats ass about what your theory on spec racing........again, I was replying to a poster who was saying the tekin systems were illegal because they were sensorless..........I told him they were, but ROAR rules allowed that........and I pointed out why they did not meet current specs or not....

Why you continue with your retarded agenda at any post I make is beyond me.......I can't even correct a mistake someone made without your "path to save RC spec racing" theory is inserted into the discussion, when it has not relevance to the discussion.......

So what local tracks allow, or what dictates the market.......or whatever, the fact being, sensorless systems are allowed by ROAR rules.......

And it seems weird...........years ago, we all ran the same stuff in stock and race days were crowded.........now we allow anything and tracks are dropping like flies.........see a connection?



Later EddieO
__________________
www.teambrood.com
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #20
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTekin View Post
The losi appears to be slotless/ sensorless, delta. Castle, Traxxas and the Hpi rtr's are also this type. Europe runs mostly sensorless. All the mini sytems are sensorless. All the 1/8 systems are sensorless and more than 3 slots. The market determines the rules, not the other way around.

We also built slotted wye wound, roar legal motors, motors in 10.5, 13.5 and 17.5 turns with sensors that anyone can drive. These are difficult to start perfectly sensorless, but run excellent.







Tekin Prez
Thanks for the correction
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:55 PM   #21
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post

And it seems weird...........years ago, we all ran the same stuff in stock and race days were crowded.........now we allow anything and tracks are dropping like flies.........see a connection?



Later EddieO
blame it all on the tuner`s companys ...

They took the spec away from stock right about then ...

Sponsoring
custom tuning
team motor`s

It was all azz backwards ...
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:58 PM   #22
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: astoria, NY
Posts: 233
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

can the 1/10 7500 motor really handle 3S lipo, thats over 83,000 rpm's. thats got to be a typo.
__________________
DTX Evader ST Pro Brushless, Tx Mini E-Revo VXL
cheech4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
losi XXX-4 with brushless system and 4800 motor. $225.00 rc_tradingpost R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 05-11-2008 02:57 PM
losi xcelorin brushless system HarleyMf2 Electric Off-Road 3 04-27-2008 09:39 AM
Castle Creations MAMBA COMP X brushless system and 6800 brushless system for sale Ron Meloni R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 03-31-2008 04:32 PM
NEW LOSI BRUSHLESS SYSTEM cheech4 Electric Off-Road 9 10-12-2007 09:50 AM
Losi XXX-4 with Novak 5.5 Brushless System Chris G R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 03-21-2006 08:01 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:22 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net