R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-25-2007, 11:54 AM   #16
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Cherry, read the modified rules..........

A sensorless motor is LEGAL....the tekin will never be legal under the current rules for modified, as its delta wound..........and like I said, I can't remember if it was slotless or not, which would again be against the rules.

And when ROAR does release Spec rules, I can pretty much tell you that they will still be similar in nature to the modified rules..........so no delta or slotless, unless ROAR allows them in modified too.........

Tekin knows this.......and has posted numerous times they don't care much about ROAR legality with their brushless motors........

Not sure what you are talking about really............I simply made a comment that ROAR rules allow sensorless, which was in response to the previous poster saying the tekin system was not legal cause it was sensorless........

Next time, read the whole thread..........

Later EddieO
Old 10-25-2007, 12:10 PM   #17
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
Cherry, read the modified rules..........

A sensorless motor is LEGAL....the tekin will never be legal under the current rules for modified, as its delta wound..........and like I said, I can't remember if it was slotless or not, which would again be against the rules.

And when ROAR does release Spec rules, I can pretty much tell you that they will still be similar in nature to the modified rules..........so no delta or slotless, unless ROAR allows them in modified too.........

Tekin knows this.......and has posted numerous times they don't care much about ROAR legality with their brushless motors........

Not sure what you are talking about really............I simply made a comment that ROAR rules allow sensorless, which was in response to the previous poster saying the tekin system was not legal cause it was sensorless........

Next time, read the whole thread..........

Later EddieO
What I`m saying is ..

Local clubs allow anything in stock now days compared to a few years ago ...
No longer is stock, stock....

So Roar rules or not , the concept of spec racing as in the past is over....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:19 PM   #18
Team Tekin

The losi appears to be slotless/ sensorless, delta. Castle, Traxxas and the Hpi rtr's are also this type. Europe runs mostly sensorless. All the mini sytems are sensorless. All the 1/8 systems are sensorless and more than 3 slots. The market determines the rules, not the other way around.

We also built slotted wye wound, roar legal motors, motors in 10.5, 13.5 and 17.5 turns with sensors that anyone can drive. These are difficult to start perfectly sensorless, but run excellent.

Tekin Prez
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:44 PM   #19
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Cherry, I could give a rats ass about what your theory on spec racing........again, I was replying to a poster who was saying the tekin systems were illegal because they were sensorless..........I told him they were, but ROAR rules allowed that........and I pointed out why they did not meet current specs or not....

Why you continue with your retarded agenda at any post I make is beyond me.......I can't even correct a mistake someone made without your "path to save RC spec racing" theory is inserted into the discussion, when it has not relevance to the discussion.......

So what local tracks allow, or what dictates the market.......or whatever, the fact being, sensorless systems are allowed by ROAR rules.......

And it seems weird...........years ago, we all ran the same stuff in stock and race days were crowded.........now we allow anything and tracks are dropping like flies.........see a connection?

Later EddieO
Old 10-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTekin View Post
The losi appears to be slotless/ sensorless, delta. Castle, Traxxas and the Hpi rtr's are also this type. Europe runs mostly sensorless. All the mini sytems are sensorless. All the 1/8 systems are sensorless and more than 3 slots. The market determines the rules, not the other way around.

We also built slotted wye wound, roar legal motors, motors in 10.5, 13.5 and 17.5 turns with sensors that anyone can drive. These are difficult to start perfectly sensorless, but run excellent.

Tekin Prez
Thanks for the correction
Old 10-25-2007, 01:55 PM   #21
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post

And it seems weird...........years ago, we all ran the same stuff in stock and race days were crowded.........now we allow anything and tracks are dropping like flies.........see a connection?

Later EddieO
blame it all on the tuner`s companys ...

They took the spec away from stock right about then ...

Sponsoring
custom tuning
team motor`s

It was all azz backwards ...
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:58 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

can the 1/10 7500 motor really handle 3S lipo, thats over 83,000 rpm's. thats got to be a typo.