ROAR Officer Election Ballot - deadline 11/15/07

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Legend

dup
Old 10-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Jim,

Would you be intrested in me helping you in Region 1 as an assistant director?
Old 10-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Vote or not to vote.
I recommend Vote. If you know someone you wish to write in please do so.

ROAR is what we make it. the racers, It does seem to flow slowly sometimes. That should be expected in any race organization. There are often many variables, some a bit hard to see. Usually the comms have a huge amount of discussion on what changes should happen and recommend to excomm for final approval. And for the most part excomm follows the committee's feelings.

There probably should be some looking at how excomm and committee members are selected. But to start you need to voice your opinion voting.

if you can get involved. Ask to work on a committee or help a excomm person with a task. This is the best way to promote change by being part of the current solution. Some things are much easier said then done.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wild Cherry with all your talk you don't even know what's on the ballot to vote on. I'll help you, odd regions and VP. Just how important can the VP be. Let's see the current President took over when the last guy resigned. Go back even further and you'll see this is not the first time.
As I said before if you want to run lipos go for it.I have not seen the ROAR god watching you or anyone else from racing our cars with lipos and brushless motors.Go ahead and attack ROAR and tell us why you won't join so you can vote. Instead you'll get on here and voice you negative opinion. Roar is still the best thing we got going. If not all these years we've heard about people threatening to start there own new santioning body- Talk-Talk -Talk.They are still talking and ROAR is still here!
Old 10-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scrubb
Hey Jim,

Would you be intrested in me helping you in Region 1 as an assistant director?

YES!!!

I've only been begging for help since getting the job. And I saw your post in the speedzone thread. Contact me.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Lord

Hey guys, let's not turn this into another ROAR argument. There have been countless threads about that already.

Turtle, I understand your passion about LiPo, but look at it this way. Since you're not a member, you can't vote for someone who shares your opinion. Instead only the people who don't want Lipo are voting, and LiPo's never get a chance. You're not helping your cause by not joining.

For the record, I am in favor of Lipo's. That and a quarter gets you a phone call.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Will not renew my Roar membership until they legalize Li-Po.....
Could care less who is president .....

Already have learned the president of Roar means nothing as the Ex-con controls everything and the President really does not represent the Roar members who vote ....
This is the same idiot that refused to enter last years ROAR stock offroad nats, in his own backyard, because he couldn't use a house transponder and refused to buy one. Never ending rants on that one.
He rants on the North West threads onroad tracks even though he doesn't run onroad,
Please Just Ignore him, we sure as hell try!

It keeps being said that ROAR will only be as good as its members, he is NOT one.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have printed out my ballot and will get it in the mail tomorrow.

Vote to improve ROAR, it has already improved this year and will continue in that direction.
Fred
Old 10-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Wild Cherry with all your talk you don't even know what's on the ballot to vote on. I'll help you, odd regions and VP. Just how important can the VP be. Let's see the current President took over when the last guy resigned. Go back even further and you'll see this is not the first time.
As I said before if you want to run lipos go for it.I have not seen the ROAR god watching you or anyone else from racing our cars with lipos and brushless motors.Go ahead and attack ROAR and tell us why you won't join so you can vote. Instead you'll get on here and voice you negative opinion. Roar is still the best thing we got going. If not all these years we've heard about people threatening to start there own new santioning body- Talk-Talk -Talk.They are still talking and ROAR is still here!
Bull ,

I am not trying to be negative as Roar has become ....

1st
The required Personal transponder issue is still a big Roar mistake, just ask the host of the last off-road Nats how it work out for um...

I could not support such a bad decision as stock is design for beginners and Roar seems to think its a F-1 race where stock racer`s have ton`s of money to buy $100 gizmo's that are not really required as the track already process`s hand out`s transponder`s...

This increase the entry fee`s to beyond a reasonable price as we know, hurting the events turnout ...

I can`t race in a Roar event even still !!

I only use Li-Po or what ever new battery that will come along in the next few year`s ...

Everyone , even "you" knows this is BIG wrong and only again hurts turnouts for Roar events.....

I can`t support such poor decision`s in such a organiztion as Roar has become...

Voting for a region director or even the president does nothing to improve this problem as well...

So I give up on voting , and will sit back until someone who knows and has the power to change Roar`s own negative ways....

Call me you what you like ...

I have only the positive in mind and only have been frustrated by the lack of foresight Roar leadership has today....
Old 10-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Wild Cherry, just 1 question are a a ROAR member?
Old 10-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

where'd i put that 8 track of Billy Prestons greastest hits.

figure out what the heck i meant by that and win a prize.....
Old 10-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Wild Cherry, just 1 question are a a ROAR member?
will send you a pm in a minute or two.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by skypilot
where'd i put that 8 track of Billy Prestons greastest hits.

figure out what the heck i meant by that and win a prize.....
Thx for the email...

Billy Preston... Will it go round in circles... Nothing from Nothing...

The fifth Beatle....
Old 10-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Legend

Nova

No , and will never rejoin join unless I see a change for the better....

Legalize the Li-Po then , I`ll rejoin .....

Have been a member and supporter for year`s though .....

Thats the way things are ...

I`m just a normal R/c racer`s here the N/w...
Not a few just like me , but many ....

So I`m the majority , not the minority.......

BDW
I understand your attitude all too well Ritchie ......
Old 10-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If they legalize lipo, you will find another reason not to join, and another reason to be supercritical. It's your style.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.